‹ Prequel: Let Me Perfect It

Right Back Where We Started

My Heart Can Hear You Sing

Image

Sophie's POV

"You guys are boring." I huffed playfully, leaning back in fold up chair.

"That makes me wanna cry on the inside Sophie." Alex smiled, handing a fan back thier CD.

"Do you think half these girls know who you are past the fact that you are cute?" Chloe giggled.

All four boys turned to look at her "Why would you say that?"

"Because a couple of them handed us your CD to sign." Josie laughed.

"Shh!" I waved my hands at my friends and the fans "Be quiet for a second."

"What do you hear-"

"I said Shh!" I answers listening.

"Judging by the look in your eyes,
I'm getting carried away with all my
Waiting and wishing
That I, I know the winds will change
Together we'll get caught in the rain."


"I've heard that voice before." I mummbled.

"What?"

I didn't answered, I quickly took off jumping over the merch table and scaring a few of the fans as I went. I could hear Chloe shouting after me but I kept going.

"There between the wind and clouds,
I finally see
I found out
How impossible it seems."


It was coming from the acoustic tent, I quickly changed direction still running. When I got there however the music had stopped and the singer was gone.

I let out a huff before heading back towards All Time Low's merch tent. Alex started waving at me like an insane windmill.

"Sophie!"

I turned and saw a fan smiling at me hopefully.

"Hi sweetheart." I smiled.

"Could I get a photo?" she asked, holding up a camera.

"I'm sorry hun." I pouted "But the girls and I have to play our set in ten minutes. Afterwards okay?"

"I guess." she answered looking at her feet.

I pursed my lips and sighed after a moment "Do you like All Time Low?"

The girl looked up at me and smiled excitedly, nodding her head.

"Alex!" I called.

"Yes Label buddy?"

"A favor?"

Alex appeared at my side, a smile in his face "Whatever may I do for you?"

"What is your name?" I asked the girl.

"Alice." she answered looking at Alex shyly.

"Alex this is Alice. We have to go play our set but I promised Alice a photo and signatures from both of us, so you are her new best friend until I get back. Deal?"

Alex grinned and Alice looked shocked.

"That alright doll?" I asked.

Alice modded quickly and I skipped over the merch table. "Common girls." I smiled "We got a show to do."

"Did you find the voice you were chasing?" Josie asked.

I shook my head and shrugged. "Nope, but there is alway tomorrow."

---------------------

Brendon's POV

I had been wandering around the venu for a while looking for Chloe. I looked down at my watch and realized it was time for them to play. The second day of warped and I was already late for one of their sets. I was about to head over to the monster stage when someone called my name.

"Brendon!"

I turned hopeing to see Chole but she was not a 6'3 man with brown eyes and short brown hair.

"Hey." I smiled, stopping so he could catch up.

"Whatca doing man?"

"Looking for Chloe." I sighed. "She got All Time Low jacked."

He raised an eyebrow. "Did you bring Chloe on tour with you."

Oh yeah. I hadn't told him either.

"Something like that." I answered before quickly changing the subject "What are you doing just wandering about?"

He shrugged "I just finished my set and was going to head over to my merch tent when I saw you." he paused for a moment "Do you hear that singing?"

"We are at a music festival." I laughed, there is a lot of singing going on."

"Yeah," he answered, moving towards the monster stage "but I've heard this voice before."

"We have toured with a lot of these bands before." I answered following.

"Shut up man." he growled as we reached the stage.

Of course what he was hearing was Sophie. She was up on stage with the rest of the girls, singing and jumping with the crowd.

I was curious as to how this was going to play out. I wasn't even sure he would recognize Sophie, she had changed a lot in the past give years. Her hair was still mainly blonde but she now had a black underlayer with chunks of every color of the rainbow. There was no face paint and she was in a charcole dress with black leggings, flats, belt and armbands. If I hadn't known her I probably wouldn't recognize her.

"Is that Chloe on the drums?" he frowned.

"Yes?" I asked more than answered.

"Why didn't you tell me she had a new band?"

"Because she doesn't." I laughed.

Sophie ended the song and as always jumped into the crowd.

"That is One Last Request?" he asked.

I could see the wheels in his head turning.

"Yeah they just got signed by Hopeless Records and booked for all of warped tour. I'm sorry I didn't warn you, I didn't even tell-"

"How could they do that?" he snapped.

It was my turn to frown. "Do what?" I asked, confused.

"Get a new lead singer." he growled "What happened to Sophie?"

What?

I stared at him a moment and I couldn't help it, I smacked my hand to my forehead.

"Seriously?" I sighed.

"What?" he frowned, "She has to be heart broken over the whole thing. Sophie loved that band."

I smirked "You, William Beckett, are blind as a bat."