‹ Prequel: Let Me Perfect It

Right Back Where We Started

You Cut Your ***ing Hair

Image

"God I am so bored." I sighed, sitting in a fold up chair behind our merch tent.

"The signing is in five minutes." Josie laughed "Calm down."

"Chloe!" I yelled, jumping over the merch table to reach her and Alex. "What are you doing here?"

"Alex said we had a signing." Chloe frowned.

"We do, but I figured you would rather have seen Brendon play. I'm sure the fans could have handled it."

Chloe glared at Alex who pouted "I thought I was being helpful."

And who on earth could stay mad at that face? I laughed at him but Chloe seemed to have gotten a dark cloud over her head because of the situation.

"Come on." I smiled, wrapping my arm around her shoulders and pulling her away from Alex. "You can watch him play tomorrow and I bet he wouldn't mind if you stayed on his bus tonight."

Chloe blush as I pulled her behind the merch tent.

--------------------

"You are quickly becoming known as the girl who will do anything for her fans."

I smiled "Without them, I wouldn't be here. So why shouldn't I put in the extra effort to make them smile?"

The interviewer smiled "All that jumping in the crowd, aren't you afraid the kids aren't going to catch you one of these days?"

I shrugged "They haven't let me down in five years. Why should they start now?"

"That is a lot of faith in your fans."

"Like I said." I smiled again, playing with the cap to my water bottle "If it wasn't for the fans I wouldn't be here. I have to go get to my set."

"Thank you for talking with us." the man smiled before I quickly slipped away.

I turned my head for a second to make sure the interview guy wasn't following me. I looked forward agin just in time to run into another person. We fell to the ground, me landing on top of the other person.

"I am so sorry." I gushed, and was met with the deepest brown eyes I've ever seen. "Do I know you?" she added frowning.

The man smiled "I don't think so, but I might be distracted having a pretty girl on top of me."

I blushed and quickly got off him, brushing off my skinny jeans. "Are you alright?" I asked awkwardly.

"I'm fine." he gave me a croocked grin and I got the strange feeling I had seen him before.

"You're the lead singer of One Last Request, right?"

I smiled "Yeah. Are you a fan?"

"The old lead singer use to do that too." he sighed wiping some of the lipstick off my shoulder.

"What?" I asked confused, I was the only lead singer One Last Request ever had.

"I'll see you later." he smiled before turning and walking off.

What the fuck.

"You okay Sophie?"

I turned and saw Josie smiling at me.

"That was a pretty bad fall, did you get his number?" she winked.

"No I didn't." I smiled "Where is everyone?"

"Bus." she answered simply. "pretty much everyone is done playing today. I think the venu is closing in a few hours."

"We had better had back soon then."

"That's why I got sent to find you." Josie smiled.

"I got caught up with some guy trying to interview me. He said the kids are going to drop me on my head." I rolled my eyes.

"They almost did that one time." She reminded me.

"My face was a good foot off the ground." I laughed, hooking my arm through hers as we walked back to the bus.

"Yeah but a foot is not very far."

I shrugged "The kids would hate it if I stopped."

"Oh Sophie."

"What?"

"You use to think that you had to defend us from the world because we couldn't lock it out like you did. Now you think since you've let the world in you have to do everything to make everyone else happy. When are you just going realize that all anyone wants is to see you happy?"

I just stared at her a moment. How do you answer something like that?

"I-I am happy." I managed to stutter out.

"Sophie." she sighed "I know you put on a brave face to make sure we don't worry about you. But the girls and I have always been able to see past it. We know you haven't been happy since you left William."

Without waiting to hear my reply Josie disappeared onto the bus. I stood there for a moment speechless. She thought I was still hung up on William?

"Sophie!"

"Angie!" I mimicked as she hugged me, closing the bus door behind me.

"We were afraid you were going to be left behind."

"Psh." I scoffed "Like you could leave all this behind."

"What were you doing anyway?" Molly asked, as I sat down on the couch next to her.

"She was jumping a guy and trying to rip his clothes off." Josie smirked.

"Stop with your lies." I laughed "I was trying to outrun a guy who wanted to interview me and I accidentally knocked over a fan."

"And fell on top of him."

"On accident." I added tossing a glare over at Josie. "Any of you know why he would think One Last Request had a lead singer before me?"

Everyone in my band gave me funny looks except Chloe. She and Brendon exchanged glaces are I glared at the two.

"Alright. Spill it."

"What?" Brendon smiled.

"You two know something." I accused.

"Not us." Chloe smiled "We are just as confused as you are."

"I know you know something." I glared. "When I find out what it is, your ass is mine, Urie."

"No it isn't." Chole laughed.

"Fine." I answered in mock sigh "But you are just lucky you make Chloe happy."

-------------------------

"When I met you from the voices in my head,
It felt like a reaction from all the meds.
Now I don’t feel that depressed."


I froze in the middle of signing a CD and looked up. It was that voice again. I handed the girl back her CD and without a word, jumpped over our merch table and took off.

"Sophie!"

"Well now they got me strapped down in the chair,
But as long as you’re beside me, babe, I don’t care.
Well I guess it’s been a really fucked-up year."


I ran as fast as I could, dodging fans and other bands I went. At least this time I knew it was coming from the acoustic tent.

"No, No, we know what they don’t know, o-o-o-o-o-oh,
We see what they can’t see, o-o-o-o-o-oh.
They say we’re crazy
Okay, well maybe that’s true,"


I stopped outside the tent and caught my breath for a second, he was still here this time. I walked into the tent and got as close as I could get.

"But we know who we are now, in spite of all the flaws,
In spite of all the poison, chemicals and all."


He was tall and thin, with short brown hair and deep brown eyes. He had a short sleeve blue shirt and a brown vest thrown over it. Black skinny jeans and a scarf tied around his knee.

The guy I ran into last night?

He caught my eye and smiled, giving me a small wave.

Who the hell was this guy?

----------------------------

"Hi."

"Hi." I smiled back as he stepped off stage and handed me his guitar.

"Mind helping me pack up?" he asked with a smile "Then we can hang out and talk."

I looked at him for a moment before letting out a sigh with a smile. "Alright."

"So you aren't just a fan?" I smiled, setting his guitar in it's case.

"Nope." he smiled "I'm booked on warped tour all summer. I don't even know if you could consider me a fan, I haven't heard your band in five years."

"But we are so sexy." I smirked picking up his guitars as he grabbed his laptop case and other bag.

The man smiled "And you aren't covered in lipstick prints today."

"I haven't played out set yet." I shrugged "Wait til you see me in a few hours."

"Aren't you worried about what people will think seeing you covered in lip prints?" he asked as we reached a bus.

I smiled at him. "I don't care just what you think as long as it's about me."

The man smiled and tilted his head to the side "She use to quote lyrics at me too."

"Who?" I asked when he climbed back off his bus a few minutes later.

"The singer before you. She pretty much told me to go fuck myself using lyrics." he chuckled. "Do you mind if we stop by my merch tent? I need to talk to my merch guy."

"Sure." I smiled, still really confused. Was he getting his bands mixed up? I couldn't figure out why he thought I was the second lead singer of One Last Request.

"This is your merch tent?" I asked as the man stopped in front of a bright yellow tent.

"Yeah." he smiled and leaned over on the table to talk to the bearded man behind it.

I looked up at the name on the tent and then back at the man. There was no fucking way.

Of all the things I could have said to him after five years "You fucking cut your hair." came pouring out of my mouth instead.

William Beckett turned and smiled at me. "Yeah." he laughed "Years ago."

This could not be happening.