‹ Prequel: Let Me Perfect It

Right Back Where We Started

Aren't You Afraid The Kids Aren't Going To Catch You?

Image

Sophie's POV

"What are you doing here?" Molly mumbled, the door to the bus cracked open slightly.

We had only arrived at the venue a hour before and it was still early. "Who is it Molly?" I called, walking into the living room section of the bus.

"Beckett." she answered.

All of the girls had been filled in on the info of William being here and not knowing who I was. Josie had called him an ass for not recognizing me, but I could hardly blame the guy. It had been five years and it had taken me a bit to recognize him.

"Is your singer here?" came William's voice.

"She has a name and do you have any idea what time it is? You are brave waking up a bus of girls this early William."

"She never told me her name." came William's reply "Why don't you?"

Molly looked over at me, eyebrow raised.

I rolled my eyes, "Tell him I'll be out soon."

Molly repeated the message and shut the bus door in his face. Molly, like Josie didn't think I should be talking to William at all, let alone spend time with him. I had mixed feelings on the subject.

I walked back to the bunk area and grabbed a pair of purple skinny jeans and a plain white tank top.

"Wear that vest you never gave back to him." Angie mumbled from her bunk, pointing to the artical of clothing.

"Then he'll know it's me." I sighed.

"No it will confuse the crap pout of him." Angie answered with a smile, closing the curtain to get bunk once more.

I picked up the vest and looked at it. I hadn't worn it since we had broken up, I wasn't even sure why I had brought it on tour. I quickly changed, throwing the vest on over my tank top. I slipped on my bright pumpkin orange converse before walking into the bathroom. I quickly pulled my hair into a side braid and put on very simple make-up. When I reached the living area Molly was holding out a pair of sunglasses for me.

"I want theses why?" I asked, taking them from her.

"Because," Molly smiled "You have very pretty and unique eyes. If he hasn't noticed them yet, then he will soon."

"Hey." I frowned, looking at the glasses.

"What?"

"These are mine," I glared at her "I've been looking for them for a year. Did you have them the whole time?"

Molly shrugged and there was another knock on the bus door. "Better go." she told me, looking at her magazine "Don't want to keep lover boy waiting."

I ighnored her comment and placed the sunglasses on my face, before exiting the bus.

"Hey." William smiled, upon seeing me.

"Hi," I answered, as I reached him "Was there something you wanted?"

"Your name?" he asked, giving me that crooked smile.

I smirked "What do I get in return?"

I looked him over now that I knew who he was I didn't think he really looked all that different. Yeah, his hair was way shorter and styled different. But, he was still the same brown haired, brown eyed, bean pole I had once fallen in love with.

He shrugged. "I guess you'll have to tell me to find out."

"I don't think I trust you," I smiled "I heard stories about you from my band Mr. Beckett."

William pursed his lips for a moment, looking at me "You shouldn't believe everything you hear. Most of all from people who don't like me."

"They seem to have good reason. I was told it was why Sophie left the band." I lied easily.

William took off his sunglasses and looked at me "What do you mean?"

I shrugged "I thought you told me not to believe everything they say."

"Name?" William asked again, changing the subject.

"Sadie." I smiled. It was the nickname my parents had used before they ditched me.

"And the whole bands name still rhyme." he smiled "Is that a requirement to try out for the band?"

I smiled "Maybe."

-------------------------

I had been really worried about going out into the venue with William. I knew the second a fan saw me and said my name that William would know exactly who I was. Luckily none of the fans seemed to recognize me in sunglasses and a hat.

"So tell me about yourself." William smiled, as a fan walked away.

"Nah." I smile "Tell me about you."

William gave me a funny look "I asked first."

I shrugged "And that matters why?"

"I see why One Last Request picked you to replace Sophie." he sighed pushing his hair back from his face.

"What do you mean?"

"You're a lot like Sophie."

I tilted my head "You keep bringing her up."

William let out a long sigh "Yeah, I guess I do. I really miss her, I was sorta hopeful when I saw your band playing that she was here. Obviously she isn't though."

"What would you do if she was?" I asked curiously, my heart racing.

"Make her believe how sorry I am about the whole thing. Did you ever meet Sophie?"

"Nope." I answered quickly "she had left Vegas by the time I met the band."

"I think you would have liked her." he mumbled, kicking the dirt a little.

"Did you drag me out here just to ask me about a person I've never met?" I sighed.

"No, you just kinda remind me of her." he pursed his lips again, looking at me for a second before looking away again.

"Well I'm not going to turn into her." I sighed a little giving him a look.

"Yeah, I know." he brushed his hair out of his face.

"I gotta go."

"I didn't mean to make you feel awkward." William pouted "Let's talk about something else?"

"Like what?"

"Um....You?" he smiled.

"I don't wanna talk about me." I pouted.

"Wanna get some eats?" he suggested, giving me a crooked smile.

I looked at my watch, I had about two hours before I had to play. I looked at him a moment, it was funny how even after everything I couldn't help but want to spend time with him.

"Alright."

--------------------------

"Are you going to watch us play?" I asked, taking a drink of the monster I had gotten with my lunch.

William smiled at her "Do you want me to?"

I looked at him a moment, pursing my lips "Are you trying to flirt with me Mr. Beckett?" I asked.

"Not at all." William smirked, leaning back in his seat. "Just wondering if you can bare the separation from me."

I rolled her eyes and smiled "I think I would survive."

"Fine," he scoffed playfully, "I wont watch you play."

I shrugged and smiled at him "Do as you like."

----------------------------------

"And I'vvvvvvvvvve never seen,
the sun in your eyes,
So bright!
Please don't melt awwwway,"


I jumped around the stage, I had met up with the girls right before our set. They had all glared at William until he had wandered away. I was pretty sure he had left to find something else to occupy his time.

"Icarus!
Would you fly me to the moon?
We could make it back,
by morning light."


I looked over at the side of the stage and saw an extra man standing next to Brendon and Alex. William had come back, once he was safe from the wrath of my band. Seemed he was the one who couldn't bare the separation.

"We could spend the day,
Just stay with me,
We could watch the sunset,
Kiss the sky good-bye!

The wax it melt away,
I saw the feathers falling from the sky,
I watched you die,
Falling from so high."


I looked at William again and smiled. He gave me a little finger wave, smirking. I slowed my singing and sang softly for the last few lines.

"Icaaaaaaarus,
Why would you fly?
A moth caught in the light,
The suns so bright."


"We are One Last Request!" I smiled into the micro phone "I hope to see all you sexy things at the signing today!" I called, before doing a flip into the crowd. I don't remember much after that, I felt something hit the back of my head and blacked out.

------------------------------------

I swore that interviewer fucking jinxed me.

"Sadie!"

Who?

"Sadie, wake up!"

I opened my eyes to see William starring at me. Relief washed over his face as I looked up at him. It must have been the hard hit to the head, but I reached up and tugged one of the longer locks of his hair.

"Your hair was pretty long," I sighed "Why on earth would you cut it."

"She has a concussion."

Chloe.

"We need to get her to a medical tent now!"

Angie.

William reached down and picked me up bridal style, walking quickly away. That damn interviewer! It was his fault; the kids had never dropped me until he had said something! he had jinxed me!

I felt myself shift my body so I was leaning into William's chest as he carried me, my head wouldn't stop pounding. I closed my eyes and I felt William shake me a little.

"Stay awake Sadie," Came William's voice.

My name is Sophie. Why don't you know who I am after everything?

"What happened to her?"

I didn't know this voice.

"She jumped into the crowd and the kids dropped her." came Chloe's voice "she has a concussion."

I'm fine Chloe, I just want to sleep.

"She is bleeding, but she will be okay."

My eyes shot open again as Someone clapped their hands in front of my face. A man I'd never seen before was looking me over. The medic?

"We need to keep her awake for the next twenty-four hours." the medic told William "Hey!" he added as I tried to close my eyes again "Someone needs to stay with her, she has to be under constant watch."

"She won't leave my sight."

Why would you promise that William?

You don't even remember who I am