Status: i love you

The Only One

Chapter 2

KELLIN’S POV

I was standing side stage do my pre show exercises and waiting for Vic to welcome me to stage. It was our first time performing King For A Day live together and I was a bit nervous. I had always gotten nervous before shows though. I never really had a reason because I had been on stage and performed a thousand times, but I did.

“Can you guys give a nice warm welcome to my buddy Kellin from Sleeping With Sirens?!” I heard Vic yell into the mic. The crowd erupted into yells and applause. I jumped up and down and punched the air a few times, getting myself pumped for the show, before running out on stage. I got in front the crowd said into the mic, “Wow! You guys look fucking awesome tonight! Have you been enjoying my guys from Pierce The Veil?” The crowd burst out again. “Well this is a song me and Vic got together and wrote about not putting up with people’s bullshit anymore! You guys ready?!” Once again, more screams from the audience.

We finished our set with ptv and started with our own, just sws. We played a lot of songs and got only positive reactions from the crowd, except one guy who yelled out “faggot” when it got quiet. I gave him a pretty cocky speech about how I was on stage looking down at him in the crowd, and then threw him out of the venue. Stuff like that didn’t usually affect me, but for some reason the whole show it lingered in my mind.

After our set, I threw some water bottles into the crowd and some guitar picks and stuff like that I thought the fans would enjoy, and then ran off stage. All the ptv guys had left for their bus except Vic, who had stayed behind to see us play. “Hey man, that was an awesome show. I’m sorry that stupid ass wipe had to go and ruin it for you…” Vic said. He gave me a sad look and put his arm around my shoulder. I guess the look on my face told him that it had bothered me, because he pulled me into a hug and said, “Dude, don’t worry about kids like that. Their just jealous of your awesome band and good looks.” My stomach did some weird kind of flip flop when he said the part about good looks. He pulled away and took a step back. I instantly felt colder without his arms around me. What the hell, Quinn, get it together. This is Vic we’re talking about here. He’s a….he. I shook the thoughts out of my head.

“You wanna go get some drinks or something?” asked Vic. I shook my head no said, “There’s a nice warm shower and a comfy couch calling my name. If you want to, you can come chill in our bus and watch a movie or something.” Vic thought for a second and said, “Well tonight seems like a good night to not get wasted, so yeah. I’ll go shower in my bus and head on over.” We both headed out of the venue and to our busses.

--

Right as I stepped out of the shower, I heard someone knock on the bus door. Damn, he showered fast. I would have gotten Jesse or Justin or someone to get it, but they had all gone to a bar down the street. I opened the door and Vic was standing there in sweat pants and a red tank, his hair still wet from his shower. “Hey man, go get some clothes on. Sorry to tell you, but we’re not gonna have sex tonight,” Vic said, smiling. I remembered that I was still in my towel and blushed. “Darn, that’s the only reason I kicked all the guys out and asked you over here,” I said, poking out my bottom lip and trying not to laugh. He just pushed my shoulder and said, “Seriously , man. Clothes. now.” I turned around and went to put my clothes on and he plopped down on the couch waiting for me.

I pulled on my red plaid pj pants and a plain black t shirt and walked back into the living area. Vic was sitting on the couch. He had helped himself to a monster and he was sipping from it. “Oh, so you come in here, tell me we can’t have sex, then steal my monsters. I see how it is,” I said plopping down beside him on the couch and turning on the tv. He just laughed and said, “Sorry man.”

--

We had already watched one movie and were half way through another. The first movie was some comedy. This one was an action, and even though I loved action, I found myself growing sleepy. It was almost two in the morning and the guys still hadn’t come back from the bar. We were gonna be stuck here tomorrow doing a signing that wasn’t until late in the afternoon, so they didn’t really need to be back any time soon.

I stood up off the couch to grab a blanket from the little closet. I went back to the couch and pulled it over me. Vic pulled it off of me completely and wrapped himself up in it. “Dude, no way give that back. I had it first! C’mon.” I said he laughed and scooched closer to me and put the blanket over us. With us both under the blanket, it made it much warmer and much cozier, making me sleepier. I slumped down to make myself more comfortable and realized I had nowhere to put my head, so without even thinking twice about it, I rested my head between Vic’s neck and shoulder. It didn’t seem to bother him, because he rested his head on top of mine, and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

__________________________________________________________________________

VIC’S POV

Kellin rested his head on my shoulder. It felt really nice to have someone curled up against me. Even if it was another guy and my best friend. It was warm and cozy. I laid my head on top of his. A few moments later, his breathing became heavier and I figured he had gone to sleep on me. I smiled and wrapped my arm around his waist. It was the only comfortable way for me other than waking him and making him move, which I didn’t have the heart to do. Plus, like I said, he felt cozy. So I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him closer, using my other hand to push the hair out of his face.

Then, I thought about what I was doing, a quickly stopped, turning my attention back to the movie. But suddenly, I couldn’t focus. My heart was beating fast and I was blushing. There was a guy wrapped up in my arms and I was enjoying it. It felt really…right. Like he belonged there. I looked back down at him and couldn’t help but notice how attractive he was when he was sleeping. Or awake for that matter. But he also looked really vulnerable, like a child. And the thought of that made me want to pull him in closer and keep him safe. Why was I having thoughts like this about Kellin? I mean, we had a bromance going on that we kept up pretty good, but that never meant anything. I had never even thought of a guy like that before. I was really okay with anything and I told myself that I liked whoever I liked and gender didn’t really matter, but I had never actually had feelings for another male.

I turned back to the movie and shook my head. I was probably just tired and cold and as usual, lonely. It would be back to normal tomorrow. We would pick up our usual bromance and everything would be alright.

I sighed and looked at him again. I thought about how that kid had called him a faggot and how much it had bothered him. He tried to play it off like it hadn’t, but I could tell by the look in his eyes it had. I remember getting shit like that all the time in high school. It really sucked. I just hoped he knew I was here for him and would beat someone’s ass if I had to. Kellin was my main dude. I’m sure he’d stick up for me if he had to.

The movie had ended. It was at the end of the credits. I hadn’t realized how long I’d been sitting there thinking about this boy. I also hadn’t realized how extremely tired I was. I wrapped my arms tighter around Kellin and rest my head back on his, my eyes slowly closing to take me off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I don't know. I really like this because awe, Vic and Kellin cuddling.