Status: i love you

The Only One

Chapter 5

KELLIN’S POV
We pulled apart and he let out a huge breath. Why did I have to do that? Oh my God, he probably hates me. I was way too passionate about that kiss. I looked at him and his eyes were wide. The two girls were having a serious moment. They were squealing and shaking. But I barely even noticed them. I realized what I had just done, and the color rushed to my face. I stood up and ran off to my bus, leaving Vic and the crazy girls and the rest of the two bands behind me.

I opened the bus door and went straight to the kitchen for a glass of water. How was I ever going to look at Vic again. This was insane. I really just wanted to curl up and go to sleep. I went to my bunk and crawled in. I don’t even know why I was freaking out about it so bad. Maybe it was the fact he didn’t kiss me back or the look on his face when I moved away. He didn’t exactly look happy. Ugh I am such a screw up. I pulled the curtain closed a curled up into a ball.

I was about to go to drift off sleep when the curtain slid back. I rolled over and saw Jesse standing over me. “Dude, you want to tell me what’s going on maybe?” he asked me. I sat up and he crawled in the bunk, sitting beside me. “Where’s the rest of the guys?” I asked him. “I told them to go get some lunch or something,” he told me. I just nodded my head. “So you wanna explain a little?” he asked again. I figured I’d better tell him, because he was the type to pester me until he got it out of me. None of the guys knew about me thinking I liked Vic or that I even may be interested in guys at all. I sighed and looked down at my hand, picking at my fingernails. “So, like, I think that maybe…. I might.. I don’t know, like, kind of like Vic…a little.. I don’t… know,” I said. I was pretty sure I sounded pretty pathetic, but I didn’t even care. I’d already made a fool of myself that day, what other harm could I do?

Jesse didn’t say anything. I looked up and he was sitting there smirking. I gave him a confused look and he said, “I knew it! I knew it when I saw you and him on the couch sleeping and then I noticed how you two always smile at each other when no one is looking and how you blush when he touches you! I knew it!” he exclaimed. “Wait, what? You saw us on the couch?” I asked him. “Yeah man. I came to grab a new shirt and saw you guys,” he told me. Great. I barely even wanted him to know about this, what if the other’s had seen too? Almost as if he was reading my mind he said, “Don’t worry, nobody else saw. It’s cool.” I let out a breath. He put his hand on my shoulder and said, “Kellin, you know Vic likes you too, right?” I snapped my head towards him. “What makes you think that? That’s dumb.” He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. “You’ll see sooner or later,” he said, then crawled out of the bunk and headed towards the door of the bus. “Wait! What is that supposed to mean? Jesse!” I yelled after him. But he was already gone.

I rolled over and slammed my face in the pillow. What did he mean?
_______________________________________________________

VIC’S POV

After Kellin ran off we finished signing the things for the girls, and then Jesse went off after Kellin while the rest of us went to get lunch. I wasn’t going to eat though. I was too preoccupied at what had just happened. Kellin kissed me. Kellin kissed me. I wasn’t even sure what to think about it. I didn’t know if he had actually wanted to and ran off because he liked it and was scared, or if he did it because the fans wanted him to and ran off because he was disgusted. In all honesty, I really believed it was the second reason. He probably was grossed out by me and hated me. But I really just wanted to kiss him again. On our own terms. Because we wanted to, not for fans. But he hated me.

We were sitting in a McDonalds a few minutes away from the busses. “Hey Vic, you okay?” Tony asked me. Everyone was talking and didn’t notice me and Tony having our own conversation. “Yeah man, I think I’m gonna go back to the bus though,” I told him. He nodded and said, “Okay well call if you need anything.”
I stood up and left the restaurant. I decided to walk back to the bus, not like I had any other choice. We had all rode together in the same car. It didn’t really matter to me. It was warm and sunny, plus the walk would give me time to think. I felt like I needed to talk to Kellin, but I didn’t know what to say and I was still scared he hated me, so for then, I would just walk.

I didn’t get far when I heard footsteps behind me and a hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw Mike. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows, “So you wanna tell me why you’re acting all out of it since that kiss? If I didn’t know you better, I’d say you enjoyed it.” His eyebrows were still raised, waiting for an answer. There wasn’t even a point in trying to hide. He was my brother, he could basically read my mind. I sighed and said all in one breath, “Okay so I’ve been having these feelings for Kellin that are obviously a lot more than friendship and then today he kissed me and yeah I fucking liked it but then he ran off, and I don’t even fucking know.” He looked at me, then reached in his pocket and grabbed his pack of cigarettes. He pulled one out, lit it, took a drag, and said, “Well man, it’s obvious he likes you too. Just go talk to him. You have to. He’s probably just as scared about this as you are.”

And then I realized Mike was right. He wouldn’t have kissed me if he hadn’t wanted to. And he was probably shocked that it had happened and ran off. He probably thought I was the one who hated him. I didn’t even say bye to Mike, I just took off running. I had to tell him Kellin how I felt. I ran all the way back to his bus and busted through the door. I looked around but didn’t see him anywhere. Where was he? I looked all around the bus. I didn’t see him anywhere. Wait, I hadn’t checked the bunks. I pulled open the only curtain that was closed and saw Kellin lying face down in the pillow. He looked up at me and his face broke my heart. He looked like he was about to bust out in tears. He stood up to face me, and before either of us had a chance to say anything, I grabbed his face in my hands and crashed our lips together. And God, it was the best kiss I’d ever had in my life. It left me breathless.

We pulled apart and he looked at me. I smiled and said, “Man, I have wanted to do that for so long now.” He looked a little confused. “I thought that maybe you hated me..” he said softly. I pulled him into a hug and said, “I could never hate you Kellin. You’re my best friend. Your kiss caught me off guard, then I came to my senses and ran here.” He looked at me and grinned. “Well it took you damn long enough to get here, you little fuck. I thought you hated the kiss and never wanted to see me again.” I looked at him and smirked. “I definitely did not hate that kiss,” I told him, before I spun him around, pushed him against a wall, and pushed our lips together again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I. LOVE. YOU. OKAY? OKAY. AND I'M SORRY ABOUT YOUR FEELS. OKAY?