Status: Fin.

We'll Never Forget

We'll Never Forget

“Stop right there!” Robin of the Titans ordered, his voice echoing in the deserted streets of Jump City.

The six criminals stopped their heist and turned to see who was disturbing them. Their eyes seemed to widen a bit when they noticed that the regular heroes of the city weren't alone, though they didn't back off and run away from the scene.

“Oh great, it's the crud-munchers!” Exclaimed a short boy in a green suit, the backpack he wore growing legs and lifting him up into the air, making him resemble that of a spider.

A boy in a red unitard laughed humorlessly, beginning to talk in a thick southern accent. “And they don't appear to be alone, eh, Billy?”

Joining him was a carbon copy of him who nodded its head. “That's right, Billy!”

“Uh-oh, now what?” The largest of the six asked, his face screwed up in confusion.

“What do you expect, Mammoth?” One retorted, turning a small knob on the side of his green helmet, the one eye in the visor changing to another color.

“H.I.V.E. Five; eat 'em alive!” The only girl of the group shouted, pointing her finger at the group of teen heroes, a pink stream of light shooting out from her hand towards them.

The group dodged the attack with ease, the hex instead hitting a line of cars, cracking the windows and also leaving a few dents upon their bodies. As they regrouped on the ground, Wally turned to face the younger of the two Robins.

“This shouldn't take too long, right? There's only seven of them and sixteen of us.”

“Might wanna check those numbers, city boy!” Billy Numerous shouted after hearing the ginger's assumption, his body splitting into two and his clones doing the same.

“You just had to say something,” Artemis murmured, shooting off an arrow at Jinx, the pink-haired girl performing a back-flip to safety.

Gizmo's mechanical backpack transformed into a glider, allowing him to fly over the others and shoot missiles randomly at the fighting teens below. “Take that, slug-faces!” He laughed out.

Cyborg growled and jumped up upon the top of a random car to get a better aim, his arm changing into his sonic canon. “I think it's time for some target practice, Pint Size!” He announced, shooting off a few blasts in his direction. The boy shouted in surprise and narrowly avoided the impacts, shaking his fist at him angrily as he tried to regain his flight stability.

Bumblebee shrunk down to her smaller form and was able to fly through the fight without being noticed. Pulling back her fist, she launched it when she floated before Mammoth's face, sending him a few feet back. Continuing her onslaught, his bulky form continued to back up with every punch and kick she delivered.

“That's it!” He yelled, finally blocking a kick and flicking her back with his large finger. As she came to, Mammoth brought his hands together, sandwiching her between them. When he pulled his hands apart, she fell to the ground in a stupefied state, returning to her normal size.

Smirking, Mammoth picked up the closest car with ease, holding it over his head and getting ready to drop it upon her body. As he let it go, it was caught right before it made contact, Superboy grabbing it by the rear and using it as a bat to send Mammoth flying a few blocks back.

“Thanks,” the dark beauty smiled gratefully.

“Sure,” he replied with a nod.

Both Robins charged together at See-More, the teen criminal changing his eye's setting and shooting off lasers at them. Both of them dodged each attack successfully, and when See-More knew that wouldn't work, he changed the setting again, soon numerous eyeballs being shot out his helmet. The older Robin proceeded to take his bo-staff out from his utility belt and spun the piece of metal rapidly, deflecting the eyeballs while his counterpart ran behind him.

When they were close to See-More, the younger Robin jumped up from behind, throwing flash grenades down at him as a distraction while the older Robin swept his feet from under him. Before the Titans' Robin could deliver another blow, Kyd Wykyyd teleported in and out with his friend before it could happen.

Starfire soared in from above and shot her starbolts at Jinx while she was busy sparing with Raven, both girls using their magic against the other. As Jinx evaded both girls' attacks, Beast Boy shifted into a ram and charged, hitting her right in the side and knocking her off her feet.

Billy kept creating his clones one right after the other. Soon there were more than one hundred copies of himself running amok through the fight. M'gann and Superboy had been fighting them with hand-to-hand combat while Speedy and Artemis were stationed atop the roof of a bus, shooting off their projectiles at the scene below.

Kaldur'ahm was using his Water-Bearers to create whips from the liquid they leaked, throwing Billys towards Superboy who would swing at them like a toy. The other Atlantean, Garth, raised his arms above his head, water shooting out from fire hydrants on the streets, using his hydrokinesis to collect all the clones and original Billy. Superboy picked up M'gann and jumped up into the air, landing atop the bus's roof beside Artemis and Speedy and avoiding being swept up by the current.

Kaldur put away his Water-Bearers and rushed towards the water that Garth was controlling, putting his hands atop the wet street and channeling electrical currents from the eel tattoos on his arms, shocking all the Billys who let out a shouts of pain. They all seemed to be dragged back into the original Billy, the force of each of his copies colliding into his body sending him every which way until they were all gone. Billy Numerous then collapsed onto the ground, steam rising off his unconscious body.

Jinx could tell that it would be best to retreat for now, and so she yelled at her teammates who were pathetically picking themselves up. “Let's go!”

Gizmo's backpack grew spider legs once more and he barked another order alongside the pink-haired girl. “Just grab what you can and scram!”

Mammoth picked up the unconscious body of Billy and scrambled to pick up an item from the ground, and Wally wasted no time calling out what he took.

“The orb!” He shouted.

¡Más y Menos, sí podemos!” A blur of white dashed by and took the orb from the giant's grasp, leaving him dumbfounded.

“Just forget it!” Jinx yelled at the oaf. “We're getting out of here!”

Smirking, both Kid Flashes looked to one another and dashed off, encircling the group of teen villains and creating a small tornado, picking them up off the ground and bringing them back, letting them drop to the ground when the authorities arrived on the scene.

Artemis looked to Wally and sighed. “Okay, maybe you were right this one time.” She said, referring back to when he said it may not take long.

* * *


The teenagers stood upon the roof of Titans Tower, the white orb glowing dimly in Kaldur's grasp. “Kid Flash, what happened when you touched the orb?”

“I didn't do anything, I just approached it and touched it.” He recalled.

“We'll never get back to Mount Justice at this rate.” Conner muttered.

“We just have to stay positive. I'm sure we'll figure it out, Conner.” M'gann replied optimistically.

Slowly, the orb began to brighten up and Raven, who had been inside the tower, came out onto the roof to join them, a large, weathered book in her grasp. “It'll work in a few minutes.”

“How do you know, Raven?” Beast Boy questioned.

Staring down the green changeling, she opened up the book that was in her grasp, pointing at one picture in particular before shutting it in his face. “It's called the Orb of Tralatio. It's a magical artifact that appears randomly throughout space and time.”

“And it'll work in a few minutes?” Kaldur asked.

Nodding her head, Raven began to explain. “The orb operates at midnight and disappears wherever it wants. If it should transport anyone or anything with it, it gives the chance to go back to wherever they came from, but if you miss midnight, you're stuck wherever you're at no matter what.”

Robin looked at his friend to see Wally doubting Raven's words. “Don't believe her, Kid?”

“I can't help it if I don't really believe in magic.” Kid shrugged, explaining to everyone else who sent him a curious look. “I'm more about hard science and facts.”

Within minutes the orb began to glow and inside it everyone could make out the large mountain that was Mount Justice, the scene changing to the inside of the base where both teams could see people of the League conversing, most likely about the whereabouts of the team.

“Before you leave, we'd like to give you these,” Robin began, extending out some communicators. “We're not sure if they'd work over different dimensions, but we'd like you to have them nonetheless as something to remember us by. And as far as we're concerned, you've all earned the right to call yourselves honorary Titans.”

Kaldur'ahm smiled and pocketed the momento, giving a nod. “Thank you. We appreciate the gesture. I only wish we had something to give you in return.”

“If you're ever in our dimension, feel free to stop by.” Kid joked.

“Count on it,” Speedy spoke up. “I still have to meet my other self.”

Robin walked up to his other self and smiled. “We'll never forget.”

“Neither will we.” The leader of the Titans smiled back, ruffling his counterpart's hair with a laugh.

The orb began to let out a stream of light, and Robin walked back towards his own team. The light soon grew to be too bright, and everyone covered their eyes for a split second. Once the light had gone, so had the other team the Titans had grown attached to.

“We'll never forget.” Robin repeated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since I started the story with Young Justice, I thought I'd end it on the Titans' end. Not only that, but it just felt right to me.

In the story, where Kid Flash from YJ says, “This shouldn't take too long, right? There's only seven of them and sixteen of us.” He says seven instead of six because of Billy's one clone. Just thought I'd clear that up. I know there's only six people in the H.I.V.E. Five.

Also, Tralatio means "Transportation" in Latin... or at least that's what I got from online dictionaries. It's totally made up by the way, so it's not an actual artifact in the DC Universe.

Other than that, I sincerely hope that you've enjoyed this small crossover story! Thanks so much for taking the time to read it, and thanks to those who have recommended it and even commented. It made my day! :)