Status: This story is active. My cousin, Haleigh, is helping me write this.

They Say Absence Makes the Heart Lonely...

One

"Dilly, wake up!" Dahlia was jumping up and down on Delilah's bed, and Delilah groaned while throwing a pillow at her fraternal twin sister. This only made Dahlia giggle and curl up next to her, staring right into her eyes, giggles escaping from her lips. Dahlia was always the morning person, mainly because that was wake and bake time. Delilah enjoyed sleeping in. "Why are you here? I thought you and Andrew were having sexy time at his dorm."

Delilah tried not to look bothered when her sister mentioned her boyfriend's name, but she couldn't hide anything from her. They had the twin telepathy bond. Dahlia, still in her bandeau bathing suit top and high-waisted shorts, lit up a joint and passed it to her sister. Delilah rubbed her eyes and took the joint, and inhaling deeply. "Andrew slept the whole time because he had a hangover, so I left. He was furious, so we fought on the phone last night before I turned it off. He's been so strange lately, ever since he moved into his dorm.He talks about all the people he's met and it makes me think, I thought you hated people. You never talked to anyone, not even when we were kids." The joint went from Delilah's fingers to Dahlia's.

"He's probably just excited. I mean, he's finally getting the chance to go to university, and he always thought he was too poor to go. He's worked his ass off, working two jobs to pay off his tuition when he thought his financial aid wouldn't come through. However, he shouldn't be so rude. That's some ho ass shit right there." Dahlia made some smoke rings. Delilah never saw the point of trying to do smoke tricks. Dahlia was an expert at them, though.

"I understand that, believe me. And I've been very lenient with him. But he's been so distant towards me. I can feel him changing, and truth be told, it's beginning to scare me." Delilah inhaled once more, feeling herself grow hazier and hazier. "Dally, what if he's cheating on me, or he's looking for someone else?"

"Stop right there, dude. Andrew has had a thing for you since we were kids in his backyard painting his trampoline red, and you with him. Aurora and I always knew y'all would end up together. I highly doubt it, dude. Y'all were made for each other." Dahlia's expression looked a little spacey, which meant the marijuana was doing its job very nicely.

"I guess you're right." Delilah thought long and hard, and genuinely hoped that what her sister said was true.

She turned on her laptop and checked her Tumblr while Dahlia played celtic music on her iphone 5. Despite their differences, they both valued silence, and found it comforting, to let the background speak for itself. Most people hated the silence, but neither of them understood why. Silence was comforting to them, like a blanket and hot cocoa on a snowy evening. To others, the silence revealed what they hated most about themselves, eating them alive and caving their world in.

Dahlia had a character all her own. Her skin was a medium pale color, like a beige, her bangs were blunt and her hair was an ebony color. Her hair was to her waist, and her layers were long as well. She was definitely the social butterfly of the two. Her eyes were a dark brown, mirroring a dark chocolate candy bar. Most people hated dark chocolate, but some absolutely adored it, and that's how Dahlia is perceived by others. Delilah had soft black hair, like a black hole but more fascinating. Her eyes were a milk chocolate color and her bangs were swept to the side. She was always the quiet type, but everyone seemed to like her for some odd reason.

There was another message from greekmeout, and this one read:

"Good morning, beautiful. I don't know if anyone has told that to you, but I feel you should know that you are utterly breathtaking. If only you lived here..."

Delilah wanted to turn red, but didn't because Dahlia was rambling about the Doctor and how he was going to come out of the crack in Delilah's floor, and how she'll keep a close eye in case he does. Then she ran off to get water, for the Doctor. Delilah thought about the times when her, her sister, and their parents would all watch Doctor Who together as a family. Her parents were both doctors, and were both on a tour in Africa to give shots to the poor for free. They were rarely home, but gave their daughters credit cards when they grew too old for nannies. As long as they weren't in trouble with the law, they could practically do what they pleased, which caused them to be very sneaky girls. Delilah shook her head, now was not the time to depress herself. She turned her phone, and saw Andrew didn't even apologize for his actions.

Delilah typed her message carefully, feeling overwhelmed with greekmeout's forwardness:

"Thank you so much for that. I am truly overwhelmed by the warming feeling in my heart at the moment. I'm Delilah, but you probably already knew that. And your name is Kostas! Pleasure to speak to you, really. I've been having a rough night, but luckily I have my sister to keep me company!"

She wanted to kick herself. That was way too much information for someone on the internet to know. She refreshed the page and scrolled through her dashboard, reblogging text posts and gifs to her heart's content until her best friend, Monica, entered her room. She was sure Dahlia already told her about Andrew, which gave her more ammunition to talk bad about him.

"That asshole. I told you he would do this!" Monica fumed, hugging Delilah. She smelt of stale curly fries and liquor. Monica was a year older than Delilah, a Psychology major at UCLA, a part time model, and a bartender at the Saddle ranch, the most crowded, coveted place in California. Her eyes were as blue as the sea, her skin was ivory, like milk and honey, and her hair was jet black like mascara. She was always envied by girls at school, but she never let it get to her head. Even with her work bun and bare face, Monica was a stunner.

"You cannot go to USC. Come to UCLA and live with me!" Monica urged, shaking her best friend. Monica was always the greatest best friend when Monica was single. Every time Monica got a boyfriend, she grew a tad distant, but her boyfriends never lasted more than a month until she got bored of them. Delilah wondered how Monica could dispose of boys like that, and still have more piling up at her feet.

"Monny, it was just a fight. No big deal." Delilah assured her, offering her a pink lemonade Smirnoff from her mini fridge.

"Still, I'm just saying. Andrew promised he wouldn't let any of this get to his head. That party he went to? I was there. He ended up jacking off on the floor, yelling about how he couldn't get hard. Then puked all over himself. He kept slurring about how he was ready to ditch the past and move on with his life, and had girls all over him." Monica chugged the Smirnoff and layed on her best friend's lap.

"Don't lie to me and say you're happy, Deli." Murmured Monica. "I know you're not."

Delilah couldn't even reply. Thankfully, before she could, Dahlia entered the room, bringing her best guy friends, Elijah and Connor along. Connor and Elijah were major stoners who usually had the best weed. They were also the ones who brought the best conversation. Elijah had met the twins in middle school, while Connor just moved to LA from Seattle. Connor was the taciturn one, who only spoke when spoken to. Elijah's voice could be heard from a mile away.

Delilah was too engulfed in her Tumblr to hear the conversation going on not even a foot away from her. She loved Andrew with all her heart, but couldn't help but think of what it would be like if she was newly single. Andrew has always been there, even when they weren't together. Regardless of what happens between them, she knew she couldn't let him go, because before they fell in love, he was her best guy friend, the guy who taught her how to fight, how to fix her car with the various issues surrounding it, and how to build her own birdhouses. How could she let that go?

Kostas messaged her again, being charming like usual.

"So sorry to hear that. :/ Well, my username on Skype is the same as my Tumblr name. Feel free to add me if you wish."

Dahlia threw an empty bag of hot cheetos, rolled into a ball, at her sister and convinced her to go with them to the corner store. She closed her laptop and simply complied. Kostas would have to wait for now.