Status: Complete! :D

You Be the Anchor That Keeps My Feet on the Ground

She Doesn't Remember

“Stay with me! Olivia!” she heard his frantic words, but she couldn’t see him, couldn’t see anything. He was close; right above her. She could vaguely feel his quick breaths on her face, could feel his soft fingers on her cheek, but nothing else. She couldn’t move, was surprised that she could even breathe.

“Scott! Scott, help!” she heard him scream. Another pair of feet raced toward them and skidded to a stop. There were words exchanged, and then a second person’s breaths were right above her too.

“Olivia, please be alright, please. I need you to be alright,” he whimpered. “I need you,” he whispered again, and she felt tears flowing from his eyes down onto her cheek. She could feel herself slipping away; away from consciousness, away from him. Every muscle in her body tensed as she tried to fight it, but it was no use. The last thing she heard before slipping away completely were his painful sobs.

~~~~~


When Olivia’s eyes finally slowly slipped open, she felt… strange. She felt like she was waking from being dead or something. Her muscles felt heavy and foreign, and breathing was hard. She felt different, almost as though she wasn’t herself anymore.

Before she could think about anything, the door to the dark room she was in opened and light flooded in so fast that it made her wince and cover her eyes with her hand.

“Oh god, sorry! I had no idea you were awake,” a vaguely familiar male voice said, and she heard him closing the door again quickly. She moved her hand from her face and was very confused to realize that even though it was pitch black in the room, she could see him as though it was as bright as day. He was standing a few feet away, but she could completely make out his faded jeans and his soft-looking sweater, his lovely blue eyes, and his head of short curls. She had a distinct feeling she’d seen him before, but she couldn’t remember where, and it wasn’t important at the moment. What was important at the moment was that she had no idea where she was, what had happened to her, or even who she was, and that thought terrified her.

“Where… where am I? Y-y-y-you’re not going to hurt me, are you?” she stuttered, and cursed herself for not speaking evenly. He instantly threw his hands into the air and backed away slightly.

“I’m not going to hurt you, I swear. You don’t… you don’t remember anything, do you?” he asked quietly, in a ridiculously gentle tone of voice that had what seemed like worry laced through it. Not wanting to stutter again, Olivia just shook her head slightly, and she noted that he nodded right after she did so, which must have meant that he could see in the darkness too.

“I’m going to go get someone, okay? I’ll be right back,” he said, and Olivia nodded slightly. She watched him go, and once he was gone, she sat up in the bed she was in quickly. She got down onto the floor and backed into the farthest corner of the room, willing herself to meld into the darkness. She felt fearful tears rising and threatening to spill over her eyelids. She silently begged them to go away, but they started pouring down her cheeks anyway.

The door to the room opened again a moment later, and Olivia let out an involuntary wail as it did so. The boy who’d been in there before hurried in, followed closely by another boy that was vaguely familiar.

“Olivia, honey, are you okay?” the boy who had been in there before asked, and something about the way he said it made her cry even more, not out of fear, but out of frustration. She was pretty sure that she should know who he was, but she really had no idea. She glanced at the other boy who was still standing in the doorway, and she was pretty sure that she should recognize him, too, but she didn’t.

“I just… I just don’t remember. I-I-I-I don’t remember you… either of you, and I-I-I-I feel like I-I should. I should… shouldn’t I?” she stuttered out between sobs, and the first boy put his hands into the air and began inching closer to her, while the other one also put his hands up and sat down on the corner of the bed.

“It’s me. It’s Isaac. Your Isaac,” the first one said, getting down on his knees and inching closer to her as slowly as he could. When he was right in front of her, he raised his hand slowly and brushed her cheek with his fingertips. The contact sent shockwaves through her body, and she somehow knew that even though she didn’t remember it, she had some very passionate feelings for this… Isaac.

“Isaac,” she said quietly, and he smiled a small smile at her.

“Yeah… Isaac,” he repeated, and she smiled back at him.

“Not to interrupt or anything, but exactly how much do you not remember?” the boy sitting on the bed asked, startling Olivia. The smile fell quickly off of her face, and the tears that had dried up were threatening to fall again.

“Oh no, don’t get scared again. I didn’t mean to scare you,” the boy on the bed said, and a look of genuine worry crossed his features.

“Scott, maybe you should try to come closer. Try to touch her. That’s what reassured her that I was okay,” Isaac said quietly, glancing at Olivia for approval. Olivia nodded slightly, and so did Scott. He got up and crawled toward her, and once he was right in front of her, he took her hand gently in his and squeezed it. As soon as he touched her she could tell that she had very warm feelings for him as well, although definitely not as intense as the ones she had for Isaac. She looked at him and smiled slightly, and he smiled back.

“Scott,” she whispered, and Isaac and Scott both smiled at her.

“Scott,” he repeated, letting go of her hand and moving back onto the bed.

“To… to answer your q-q-question, I don’t remember anything at all. I-I-I’m assuming my name is O-O-Olivia because that’s what you keep calling me… me, but I d-don’t remember it,” she stuttered, and Scott and Isaac exchanged some sort of look that she couldn’t quite distinguish.
“W-w-what does that look mean?” she asked, and they both looked back at her.

“It means we’ve got a lot to explain to you,” Scott said, and Isaac nodded.

“It means you don’t remember that you’re a werewolf,” Isaac said very seriously, looking her straight in the eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gosh, I feel like I'm so rusty with all this. I haven't written anything in a long time and I can't decide if I really love this or really hate it. I'm posting it anyway, though, because I've been wanting to start writing again for a long while and I've been sort of obsessed with Isaac/Teen Wolf lately so I figured that would be a good place to try to get back into the swing of things.

As always, feedback would be really amazing and greatly, greatly appreciated. Also, I'm really rusty at making layouts, too, so if there's anything about the layout that needs tweaked or fixed, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy! :D <3