Status: Complete! :D

You Be the Anchor That Keeps My Feet on the Ground

I Love You, Big Bad Wolf

A week later, everything was back to normal. Olivia was back, Isaac was ecstatic, and everyone was hard at work trying to figure out what sort of inject-able toxin Olivia had been shot up with, with not much success.

“I don’t get it. How do they have this magic toxin that is completely undetectable and completely unknown?” Olivia asked in frustration, throwing down the book she’d been scouring through after almost a week of constant looking. She grabbed her coat off of a chair and slammed the door to Derek’s loft on her way out.

She made her way outside and stood in the alley. She smiled to herself as she heard and smelled Isaac making his way down to her. He was there in a moment and his arms were around her.

“We’ll figure it out, Liv. We will,” he reassured her, and she shook her head.

“I don’t see how. There’s no leads at all,” she replied, and he pulled away and tilted her head up so that she could look at him with his thumb.

“Olivia, listen to me. We’ll figure it out. I don’t know how and I don’t know how long it will take, but we’ll figure it out,” he said, and she nodded slightly.

“Are you sure?” she asked, and he nodded.

“I’m sure,” he replied, bending down and kissing her firmly on the lips. They pulled apart and he looked at her with an expression that she couldn’t quite pinpoint.

“What?” she asked, and he smiled.

“I’m just glad you’re back, that’s all. I thought you might be gone forever and I was so ridiculously scared and I’m just really glad you’re back,” he whispered, and she smiled back up at him and kissed him again on the lips.

“I love you, big bad wolf. You know that, right?” Olivia asked, and Isaac smiled a smile that probably could have lit up the whole block.

“I love you too, little bad wolf. I love you more than anything in the universe,” he replied, kissing her again. “And we’ll figure this out. We’ll figure it out before anyone else gets hurt,” he said, sounding quite sure of himself.

Olivia didn’t know how sure of himself he actually was, but him at least pretending to be sure made her feel more sure too. They were going to figure it out. Everything was going to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End! Gosh, I always feel like I'm really terrible at final chapters. I never know where exactly to tie things up, and I always end up feeling that I definitely need to write a sequel. I am definitely going to write a sequel for this though! It's going to be less of a sequel and more of a prequel, though. I love these characters, and I feel like it would be interesting to go back and see how they met and how their bond got so strong, so that's what I'm going to do! I may also write an actual sequel to take place after the events of this story at some point, too, but I'm not sure yet. The prequel one is definitely coming though, I might even start writing it tonight because I'm excited about it.

Anyway, thank you all so much for reading, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed this as much as I did!! <3