A Fool's Dance

I just want us back to the way we were before..

The thunder roared outside as rain pelted against the window. It was the perfect cuddle weather but instead I watched Tyler get ready to go out.

"Can you please stay?"

"It's his birthday and I told him I'd have a drink or two with him," Tyler said buttoning his jeans up. It was his friends birthday, I'm not sure who he was and for all I know Tyler could have been lying.

"That's what you always say," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

He stopped and looked at me, with a hint of irritation on his face and in his voice, "What's that suppose to me?"

"You keep blowing me off and you're never home," I stopped. I didn't want to make him more mad but I think it was to late.

"Just because you're my girlfriend doesn't mean I have to spend every waking second with you. I have friends, I have a life outside of you."

I could feel the lump in my throat beginning to form, I wanted to say something but I didn't know what. "You aren't getting it."

"What am I not getting Avery?" He said a little louder than needed.

"Don't yell at me," I tried to control my shaking voice, "I'm tired of being put last. I'm tired of you ditching me all the time."

"Whatever, I have to go," He stood up from the edge of the bed.

"Can we talk about this please?" I nearly begged. "Please?"

"We'll talk about it later."

I felt defeated. I sighed, "I love you."

He didn't say it back, I could tell he seemed a little upset about the conversation but I thought he would say it back or atleast a 'you too'. He shut the door quietly behind him as the flood gates were opened.

I couldn't stop the sobbing or the tears from coming. I didn't want this to be the end of our relationship. I pulled the blankets up to my chin as the sobs became uncontrollable. What had I done?

"Put me down!" I yelled, giggling as Tyler carried me into our now shared bedroom.

"Welcome to your new home," Tyler dropped me on the unmade bed. He climbed onto the bed, supporting the weight of his body on his hands and knees as he placed kisses all over my face.

I couldn't stop giggling as he continued to kiss my face, "Stop," I tried to push his face away but he wasn't having it and started to tickle me as well, "Ty, I can't breath."

He stopped, collapsing on top of me, now we were both laughing uncontrollably as I squirmed underneath him. "You're going to squish me."

He wrapped his arms around me as he rolled over, I was on top now, "Just how I like it," he winked at me.

I rolled my eyes, shoving one of the many pillows on his bed into his face, "What was that I can't hear you."

He sat up now, his legs under mine as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love you Avery." The look in his eyes, the way he said it just above a whisper had my cheeks flushed and my heart pounding.

"I love you too, Tyler." I said it back without a single thought. I knew it was true and I meant every single word of it. He placed a kiss on my forehead, and then the tip of my nose before meeting my lips. The most passionate kiss I have ever shared with anyone.

"Always," he said, resting his forehead against mine.

"Always," I breathed back, interlocking our hands together.


The tears had slowed down even though the rain hadn't. I slipped on a pair of sweatpants as I headed out into the living room. Freddy was sitting on the couch with Marshall while the Celtics game was playing on the TV.

"Oh your home," Freddy said, giving me a smile.

"What are you doing home?" I asked, starting a pot of coffee.

"Have you seen the weather?" He chuckled. "I didn't feel like being out in it."

"Understandable," I grabbed a cup out of the cabinet, "Want some?"

"Sure," he said, heading towards the kitchen. "No Tyler?"

I shook my head, "Friends birthday."

Freddy scoffed, "Figures."

Freddy was feeling a bit neglected as well, he saw Tyler more than I did but Tyler never really asked Freddy if he wanted to go out mainly because Freddy always said no.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. At least he snap chats you through out the day."

Freddy laughed, "True but still."

"And at least you don't fight with him."

"We don't talk about feelings that's why," Freddy pointed out, pouring coffee into his cup. "I'm sorry you guys got into a fight."

I shrugged, "Wasn't the first but it might be the last."

"What do you mean?" He looked concerned.

"I don't know if I can do this anymore."

"Avery, don't say that. Do you need me to talk to him?"

"Only if you can talk him into loving me again. I can't keep being ignored and my feelings being pushed aside."

Freddy's eyebrow rose at my comment, "What do you mean?"

I took a deep breath, trying to keep my voice in check and keep the tears in my eyes, "I said I love you and he didn't say it back."

Freddy threw his arms around me as I buried my face into his chest, "That doesn't mean he doesn't love you."

"It doesn't matter. He isn't treating me like a girlfriend."

"Please don't leave. Where are you going to go?"

I shrugged, "I'm not leaving just yet but if I do I'll figure it out. I'll still be in Boston, Tyler and I just need a break."

Freddy nodded as we plopped down on the couch to finish the game. Freddy and I had become like brother and sister quicker than you could say brother and sister. Especially lately with Tyler practically ignoring me.

~

The rain had slowed down quite a bit as I laid in bed. It was almost one and Tyler still wasn't home and might not even come home.

I sighed trying to get comfortable without kicking Marshall who was curled up at the foot of the bed. I could face where Tyler would lay down eventually or I could face the white, blank wall.

I drew circles with finger in what should be the occupied spot beside me.

I watched as his chest rose and fell with each breath he took. I could feel the weight of his leg on top of mine, only inches between our bodies. His tattooed arm laying limp across my hip.

I drew a small heart on his bare chest, running my finger down to his Stanley Cup champion tattoo, tracing each letter and number.

"What are you doing babe?" Tyler said sleepily.

I smiled, placing a kiss on his jawline, "Just admiring you."

"Well go back to sleep," He pulled me close to him, closing the space between us and resting his head on top of mine.


I shut my eyes quickly, trying to keep the imagine in my mind and prevent Tyler from seeing me still awake.

"Av?" I heard his ask as the floor boards slightly creaked. "Are you awake?"

He crawled into bed, his body facing mine as he laid his hand on top of mine. It was small gesture and more than likely didn't mean much but to mean it meant more than it should have.
♠ ♠ ♠
The italicization means a flashback but I'm sure you figured that out lol. I really hope you guys are liking this and I promise it will get more intense and more things will happen.

Thank y'all so much for reading and subscribing and recommending this, it really does mean a lot :) and if you think it sucks don't hesitate to let me know lol.