Status: At the beginning

Surrender, My Love

Chapter Two

It was finally the night of Lola's going away party. There were very high profile people attending tonight, but by the way most of them were going to be acting you'd never know.

I had by hair in soft waves cascading down with a classy red bandage dress with cap sleeves paired with black pumps. I kept my makeup at a minimum, as my mother always said classy not trashy.

I lived in a luxury condo that was fairly close to the AVA lounge, so I decided against taking one of my cars to the venue. I wrapped a fur coat to wear on my way to the lounge.

A short ten minutes later I arrived and handed my coat to a nearby worker but held onto my black Dolce and Gabbana clutch, and went in search of my best friend. "Maxie isn't this so much fun!" My bubbly friend bounded over to me. "There are so many hotties hear," she lowered her voice while scanning the room admiring all the handsome men.

"Lola don't get ahead of yourself. You have the whole night and they're all here for you," I winked at my friend.

"True, very true!" She grinned wiggling her perfectly waxed eyebrows. I playfully pushed her away so she could mingle with her other guests. I headed to the bar and ordered a apple martini, as I waited I felt the presence of a man nearby.

I turned around to see who it was and realized that it was Damian Lodge. He came over to stand next to me and I quickly became annoyed. Like I said low tolerance.

"Can I help you Mr. Lodge?" I turned my head to look at the dapper man obviously trying to flirt with me.

"There's no need for formalities, Miss. Barrett." He leaned on the bar and gazed at me with a smirk. This certainly wasn't the polite gentleman who I met in my office last week.

"Well Damian, is there something you needed?" I sipped the beverage the bartender had sat before me.

"Yes actually, you."

"Excuse me! What the hell are you talking about," I quirked an eyebrow as I took notice that his eyes were roaming up and down my body.

"I'm talking about getting you in my bed tonight," he whispered in my ear. "You are the sexiest thing in this place."

"Correction I am not a thing I am a human being, and there is no way in hell that you and I would ever end up in the same bed."

"That's cold," he said as he took a sip of the straight vodka in his hand.

"Does it look like I care?" I looked around for someone worth talking to. But with my luck basically everyone was plastered. "Look I'm not in the mood to deal with you." With that I left my drink and headed towards the restroom just to check my makeup.

Once I was certain that I looked perfect I opened the door and accidentally hit a redhead and a man with the door. "I'm very sorry," I apologized once they pulled away. Then did I realize that it was Damian and one of Lola's college friends.

"Wow, you're classy." I rolled my eyes and continued down the dark hall in hope of finding Lola. When I did finally find her, she was dancing on top of a table with a topless guy. 'Oh geez, Lo!' I thought to myself.

I was the only rational one in the entire club and the only one who thought that Lola could easily slip and break her neck. "Lo! Lo, come over here!" I shouted trying to get her attention. She finally stumbled over to me after nearly falling face first off the table.

"Lo do you think you should do home now? You know call it a night?" I asked while basically holding her up. "Why? I'm having fun!" She pouted and stomped her heel clad foot like a toddler.

I sighed, a drunk Lola is the most annoying person you'll ever encounter in a club. "Lauren Elizabeth Roberts, I am taking you home right now!" I said in a stern voice. "No! I'm an adult!" She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Need some help?" The now infamous voice of Damian asked with a slight smirk over his handsome features.

"No I can get her myself," I rejected trying terribly to lead Lola to the door. When she nearly passed out and became dead weight Damian decided to step in, easily picking Lola up bridal style.

"Where's her car?" He asked turning his head toward me. "She lives in an apartment nearby," I stated.

"I'm not carrying her all the way to her apartment, she'll just have to spend the night at my place." He said heading towards his black Lamborghini.

"She is not going to your place! That is not happening!" I said following them. "I don't know you, for all I know you could rape her!"

"Fine then come with us!" He sighed annoyed. I thought over my two options; either let Damian take Lola to his house and let her get raped or go with them and make sure nothing happens but spend the night at some guy's house whom I just met a week ago.

"Argh, fine I'll go too!" I rubbed the bridge of my nose in aggravation. "Alright, but you'll have ride with her on top of you, there isn't a back seat." He opened the passenger seat and gestured for me to get in.

I sat down and he placed my sleeping best friend on top of me. I'm positive we looked like idiots but desperate times call for desperate measures.

"That actually looks pretty hot. Maybe if your friend here wakes up we can have a threesome," he winked at me as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"You are the most disgusting person I have ever met," I retorted. "Just shut up and drive!"

"Your a feisty one aren't you Miss Maxie!" He smirked over at me.

"Did I mention annoying and arrogant!" I hissed. I shifted a little in the seat causing my dress to ride up my thigh, giving Damian an eye full.

He whistled as he eyed up the toned portion of my leg. "Eyes on the road pervert!"

'This is going to be on hell of a night.' I sighed to myself looking out of the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
I changed the name of Maxie's friend to Lola!