A Rose for the Dead

Racing To Class

As we walked into the building, peoples heads turned in my direction. I hated this because I was quite shy and fairly paranoid. I caught up with Alana, who was almost at the receptionist desk. Alana rolled her eyes and pointed to the receptionist who was stuffing down her chicken, lettuce and tomatoe sandwich that had now put me off my lunch. I controlled my little giggles as we waited for her to finish. "I'm going to be late for class!" Alana whispered although her whisper could be heard from the other side of the building.

The receptionist glared at Alana until her piercing blue eyes locked on me. The recptionist was slightly over weight and her jet black hair was tied up in a tight pony tail that tightened her skin which I think made her more bitchy. "What do you want?" she asked Alana in a bitter tone. As Alana and the receptionist talked I began to glance around the room. The students stared at me from each side of the corridor and I just knew today was going to be awkward.

When we had finished with the receptioinst, Alana handed me my timetable. I glanced at the page unable to analyse it, beacuse as soon as I took my eyes off the page and turned my attention back to Alana, she quickly grabbed my hand causing me to quickly stumble my way to where she was bringing me. We arrived at a room near the end of the third floor in which Alana pulled me into. We walked over to a group of girls who sat on the windowsill in the classroom.

The girls were all taller than me, I mean Alana was taller than me but these were even taller than her. Two of the girls had bown hair and one girl had dyed blonde hair. Alana hugged them all before linking my arm and bringing me closer. "Hey girls, this is my cousin Sofia, she's new here!" Alana announced as a smile spread across her face. When Alana had finished introducing all of us, I ran downstairs to find my first class.

I ran down the stairs, not lifting an eye off my timetable. 'First class ehh, English, okay that's okay. What room? Room twenty-two!' I thought to myself as I continued to run down the corridor. Just then I slipped a bit causing me too skid down the corridor and bump into someone. With my foolishness I closed my eyes. When I opened them I saw a teacher lying on the ground. 'Oh crap' I thought as I tried picking up some of his books. "I'm so sorry!" I cried with a slight shiver in my voice.

The man shook his head and gathered the rest of his books before pulling himself up and helping me up too. "It's fine, at least you were ready for class, my students are never ready for class. I can bet you some are only getting up from bed now!" he laughed. I giggled to as I handed the rest of his books to him. "Thank you, I havn't seen you around before, are you a new student?" he asked.

"Yeah, I just moved here yesterday to live with my cousin!" I replied. He looked at me for a moment.

"Who's your cousin?" he asked me. I began to think that if I said Alana people would think I was a trouble maker aswell.

"Alana Sawyer!" I answered. He chuckled as he nodded. We walked into the class and I sat at the back of the room.I looked at my timetable to see what the teachers name was. Mr.Burton it read. "Sofia Abano !" he called.

"Here!" I replied. All threw the class I heard laughing behind me. I looked behind to see a bunch of girls laughing at me. I turned around and hoped by the end of the class they would have stopped. This did not happen!
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment if you like it! PLEASE!