A Rose for the Dead

Bless The Child

When I got home I quickly ran upstairs and threw my bag on the floor in my room. I opened my school bag on the floor. I zipped open my school bag and removed the dusty diary from it. As I held the diary in my hands I felt a strong urge to read to open it and read it but instead I stopped myself. I placed the diary down on my bed and just thought for a moment. 'Was this wrong? Should I really read someone else's diary?' I had never read anyone's diary before, it was wrong to invade someone's privacy, but then again I did not even know if Abigail Ross was a real person. This could have been a fiction book in the form of a journal.

I picked up the diary once again but this time I turned back the old worn out cover of the book, the first page read "Abby's Diary, keep out!" I ignored the message and turned the page to where the account began.

6th of September 1932

Dear Diary,

It was my first day in Rose Park today. My Child minder dropped me off at the reception and the receptionist led me to the grounds keep, Jim. Jim is a freaky dead looking man in his forties. He talks to himself and he even laughs to himself. I don't think he likes me much. My room is cold and damp and there is only one small window in the corner of the room.
My first class was scary. When I first walked into the classroom all the children stared at me, especially Dana. Dana is a girl here. She glares at me and some times she gives a little evil grin when she sees me. She really frightens me. I just want to go home. Well I have to go now, lights out!

Abby!


Rose Park? Where was this place? I now knew that she wasn't from our school but then again, why was it in our attic in school? My head began to hurt, I was so confused. The diary had a hold on me. It was as though it wanted me to read it. Every time I looked at it I would read a page more. I was so curious about this girl, who was Abigail Ross? Later that day I read it again.

7th of September 1932

Dear Diary,

Today was strange, very strange. For breakfast I had toast and butter with a glass of water. Then I cleaned my room. We started class at eight 0'clock in the mourning, we had English first. I used to love English class but now I'm beginning to hate all my classes. Some of the girls are older than me and they keep glaring at me. I'm really frightened. They're making me paranoid and crazy, I hate this place!
The weirdest thing happened after maths class today. Dana invited me to her sleepover tonight. I can't help but think this is a bad idea but then again if I don't go then Dana will hate me even more than she already does and my life continue to be hell. Well I better go and get ready for the sleepover.

Abby!


Something was strange about this diary. I grew very curious about this diary and I soon grew very addicted to it and I began to read it more and more everyday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys please comment like I said before it helps!:)