Status: I know Tyler Seguin got traded to the Dallas Stars, but I started this fanfic before it was announced. In my story, he will still play as a Bruin.

Becoming Mrs. Seguin

Chapter 12- Running Into Trouble

Tyler's POV

Brad and the rest of the guys piled out onto the ice after I had scored the last minute goal. Words couldn't possibly describe how I was feeling at the moment. Never in my whole career had I made an earth-shattering goal like that before, especially one during the remaining ten seconds. It was all just so surreal.

People began to leave and we eventually all headed back into the locker room, hooting and hollering like a bunch of little boys. I suddenly thought of Christine, imagining the looks she and her friend, Sierra, must've had on their faces after we had won.

"Great game tonight, Seguin," Coach Julien complimented, patting my shoulder.

Once we got inside the locker room, I wiped the sweat from my face with a towel and changed out of my hockey gear. I put a clean sweatshirt on with a pair of jeans. Zdeno was going around congratulating everyone on the team. Once he approached me, Milan also walked over and was about to say something when Zdeno spoke.

"Wow Segs, that goal you made was pretty impressive. When did you learn to play like that?"

"He was probably thinking about that girl we met today, the one he hung out with at the airport," Milan chimed in, winking at me. I shot him a death glare.

"No, I wasn't," I retorted.

But the truth was, Milan couldn't have been any righter. Ever since I met Christine, I just couldn't get her out of my mind. There was something about her that was different than the other girls I've met. Talking to her was the easiest thing to do. I felt as if I could open up to her about everything.

"Is that true, Tyler?", Zdeno asked with a hint of amusement.

"It doesn't matter, I'm never going to see her again anyways," I replied with a sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

"That's too bad. She was pretty cute too," Milan said casually.

We all had to leave in an hour to get on the bus back to our hotel. The guys planned on drinking it up to celebrate our victory over the Wild. Tomorrow, we would head to Chicago for our next game. I gathered all of my stuff and left it on the bench. At the same time, Brad came over to sit down next to me and he gave me a weird look.

"Is everything ok, man? You seem kind of down," he said.

"I'm fine, just tired," I lied.

"It's the girl, isn't it? Come on, you'll find someone else. There's a ton just like her back in Boston," Brad consoled, elbowing me in the ribs.

I guess he was right...but whenever Christine and I looked at each other, I felt something spark inside of me. When we first met, it was her stunning brown eyes that had captivated me. They sparkled whenever she smiled. Man, she was quite the girl. Brad and I were both quiet for a moment until I spoke up.

"I'm gonna go outside for a minute to get some air. Tell Coach I'll be back in a bit."

I put my jacket on then got off the bench. There was a door on the side of the building that I could walk out of, where no one would be able to see me. Besides, most of the people were probably gone by now.

When I finally got outside, a shiver ran throughout my entire body. Minnesota's winters were definitely colder than ours. The sky was pitch dark and there was nobody in sight. They were probably all at the main entrance. I pulled out my phone to see what time it was when I heard the sound of a girl yelling somewhere nearby...

Christine's POV

After the game ended, people started to leave. My parents told us to wait in the suite until it got less crowded, then they'd drive us over to Minneapolis for a late dinner. Nothing like a good old burger and fries to celebrate the Bruins' win.

Just as we were about to leave, I had to use the bathroom. The three bottles of root beer had probably gotten to me. My parents said they'd get the car and then meet me out at the front. Sierra and Hayley went with them and I rushed to the nearest bathroom.

Nothing could spoil my mood right now. I was having such a wonderful night, especially after the Bruins had won. When I got downstairs, people were gathering in large groups around the main entrance, discussing the game. I didn't want to have to weave through all of them, so I decided to go out one of the side doors.

Once I stepped outside, I was greeted by a group of guys from my school, all drunk as heck. It was too dark to make out any of their faces, though. They were just standing there, each one with a bottle of beer, acting like a bunch of idiots. I rolled my eyes at the sight of them and walked the other way, ignoring their stares.

"Hey, Christine! What are you doing out here all alone?", one guy called out.

I stopped dead in my tracks. The voice belonged to Karl. What did he want? I turned around to see him stumbling towards me. His friends just stayed where they were and watched, snickering. I was about to keep walking when I felt my arm being grabbed.

"Karl, let go of me!", I demanded, trying to shake my arm free from his grasp.

"I need to talk to you," he said, dragging me towards the back alley of the building.

Karl pushed me up against the cold, brick wall, his hands gripping both of my shoulders firmly. He leaned in and tried to kiss me but I turned my head to the side, wincing at the smell of his beer breath. What had I gotten myself into?

"Babe, what's wrong? You don't want to kiss me?", he slurred.

"Karl, stop it!", I yelled, attempting to push him away from me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you have any idea how much I miss you?", he shouted in my face. I grimaced at his sudden outburst.

Tears started to form in my eyes. I had had enough of this nonsense. Karl had hurt me before, and I was not putting up with him a second time. Anger and rage fueled up inside of me as I looked into his face.

"You think I didn't miss you? Karl, you were the first guy I had ever loved. I grieved over our break-up for months!", I cried, letting the tears fall down my face.

"Just give me a second chance then," he pleaded softly.

"No, Karl. I could never forgive you for what you did to me," I said coldly.

"Is there someone else?", he asked roughly.

"There isn't."

Karl let go of my shoulders and sighed before heading back to his friends. I couldn't believe him. Who did he think he was, asking for a second chance? I'd rather go to hell than date a douche like him. It's crazy how one person can just ruin a whole night for you. I began to make my way to the front of the building when I ran right smack into someone.

"Ouch," I exclaimed, rubbing my head.

"I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?", a familiar voice asked.

I looked up to see Tyler standing there with a worried expression on his face. On the other hand, he seemed quite surprised to see me. I mean, I wasn't expecting to bump into him either. What was he doing here at a time like this? Had he witnessed the whole fight between me and Karl?

"I'm fine. I didn't know you were out here," I replied, wiping away my tears.

"I was just getting some fresh air and I heard someone yelling. Was that you?", he inquired. I nodded my head and started to cry again. "Hey, what happened, Christine? You can tell me," he said gently.

"I was just having an argument with my ex-boyfriend. It wasn't anything serious," I assured him.

Tyler didn't seem convinced with my answer. I suddenly remembered that my parents were waiting for me at the front entrance. They were probably worried sick right now. How long had I even been out here?

"Tyler, I'm really sorry but I have to go. My parents are waiting at the front," I told him.

I turned around and ran off before Tyler could even have a chance to say something, never once looking back. I felt awfully bad about leaving him hanging like that. Hopefully, he wouldn't take it too seriously. I would've loved to talk to him, but for right now, I just wanted to get out of here.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N- I switched POVS for a bit so you guys could see what was going on in Tyler's mind. It looks like he does have a thing for Christine. Unfortunately, she didn't have a chance to really talk to him because she had to go. Will the two of them ever meet again? Keep on reading to find out. And also remember to recommend and comment.