Status: work in progress, suddenly on a batman kick

Night Is Gotham

Chapter 4

It was all happening so fast, the sirens, the rain, and the laughter. The laughter. Why would someone be laughing right now? I felt sticky, my body felt sticky and wet. I tried to get up but I still wasn’t sure where I was. Everything was sticky. The rain made it hard to see. I could see the red and blue lights. I heard the sirens. I heard people yelling, crying, screaming for help. I heard hushed voices and I heard thumps from heavy boots. But there was laughter, at first I remember it loud and shrill making my skin crawl. Now it was fading, but it was still there.
“Mom?” I asked looking over to the driver’s side. My hair was in my eyes, and pushing it back didn’t do anything. It just hung there in my eyes. I was upside down. I looked around and my vision started to clear, I could see shapes forming and silhouettes of people running.
“Mom?” I asked again turning once more in her direction. It was dark but I could make out her shape, her long hair hanging down brushing the roof of the car. I reached out to touch her.

Cold. Like ice.

“Mom?” I asked again my voice straining as I felt the tears choked my voice. There was something dripping from her ear, and she wasn’t opening her eyes.
“MOM!” I shrieked desperately clawing at my seat belt trying to get free so I could help her. I grabbed for her arm and shook it hoping to wake her up.
“Mommy!” I cried the tears making my vision blurry. They were dripping off my face and my nose started running, running down into my eyes. I was panicking, grabbing at my hair, grabbing at my mother, grabbing at anything. I needed to wake up; I needed to get out of this car.
“Evelyn? Sarah!” I heard a deep voice call. I felt glass break around me and arms pull me out. Someone cut my seat belt and I don’t remember much after that.
I remember crying and kicking to get away from the arms that pulled me away from my mother. Trying to get back to her, to help her, to save her.
I remember being put into my father’s arms, but they didn’t want me. He put me down on the ground and ran to the car. Kneeling next to the driver’s window helping the other men pull my mother out. Out of the tiny car that was crushed and on its top, upside down and smashed.

I remember the laughter, the shrill insane laughter that rang in my ears. I remember turning towards the laughter and seeing big red lips, a wide scary mouth. Then everything disappeared. My world was gone.

I was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment:subscribe

I have a lot of free time today and have some chapters waiting to go up, I thought about spacing the uploads out instead of doing it all in one day but I thought since it's mostly filler I'll throw it up after I go through and edit it all.

Let me know what you guys think.