The Play Book

Dahlia Brooks

Alarm clocks were annoying. The constant beeping and the snooze button that refused to work. Plus, they wake you up. Okay, so I was being a bit irrational with the last one, but I do enjoy sleeping. With the work load at school on top of everything I had to do here, sleep was the only place I could be carefree. Well, unless of course a guy is involved, which was usually the case lately.

I stopped fussing about being woken up not long after the room became silent again. I got up, snagged the bathroom and did the morning usual; teeth, hair and face. I found myself back in my bedroom while I pondered over what to wear. Deciding that I didn’t really care, I changed into a sky blue dress with a bow around the waist and a bit of white detailing. I slipped on a pair of white flats and a chain necklace with a little bird charm.

Following the stairs to the kitchen, I set up the tea kettle and pulled out a box of Lucky Charms. Darren was first to come down. His blond hair was a mess as he sat down at the table, grabbing the box and shoving his hand inside. “Excuse me, we own bowls!” I piped up, grabbed a mug from the cupboard and placing a little bag of green tea inside.

“Why dirty a bowl?” He shrugged and started drinking the milk from the jug. I walked over and slapped the back of his head, grabbing the jug as he hunched down. “Someone’s bitchy today.” He grumbled.

I rolled my eyes and placed the milk back in the fridge, “I know a 15 year old that’s not going to make it to his next birthday.”

“You sound like mom.” He sat back down at the table and poured a bowl for Dallas as he came down the stairs, his favorite teddy bear clenched between his little fingers. “Speaking of mom, she’s not working today, can I drive?” I laughed, which made Dallas laugh as well.

“With the way you play games, I’ll be surprised if you get your permit next year.” He stuck his tongue out at me. I smiled and took a sip of my tea, “Get D ready. We need to leave in a bit.”

The two boys raced up the stairs. I took a moment to sit down and finish my tea before I picked up. As I was finishing, the two came back down. Darren tossed his backpack over his shoulder before picking Dallas up and carrying him to the car. Mom had left the keys on the table with a note to have someone carpool Dallas home from Pre-School.

The boys were buckled when I managed to get out the door. With my tote bag full of homework and school books over one shoulder and my jean jacket lazily placed on one arm, I slid in the driver seat of the aging Honda Civic and pulled out.

Dallas still had two hours before he needed to be at school, so I dropped him off at his friend Peter’s house. His mother would take them to school and pick them up. She would either drop him off at home with our mom or keep him for a while until I was out of school.

Darren and I attended the same high school, so it was one less trip for me to make. I still needed to finish up my math homework and possibly hit up Scott.

Scott wasn’t anyone too special really; he was just a great kisser. So I found myself visiting his locker more than I would anyone else’s. He would be standing there alone, probably running through some checklist of things he’d need for an upcoming Cross Country meet. He’d argue at first about needing to get everything ready before class, and then follow me into the locker room 5 minutes later.

I already knew how to win him over. The first few times were harder. He wasn’t into cleavage, which sucked for me, because I had a full D cup worth of it. He didn’t care about the clothes. He liked the innocent hair twirling and shy lip biting. I wasn’t into playing a role for a guy, but it was a little change to my usual.

My mornings any other day would consist of meeting my best friend, Tatum and her boyfriend, Harry, before class. Of course, I would flirt with Harry’s best friend, Louis while they did their thing. I was fine by that, flirting with Louis was different. I didn’t want to do anything with him. Okay, I did. I’d be lying to myself if I said I didn’t want to jump his bones every now and then, but I was being respectful to Tatum. She was really the only person worth caring for in this entire school. She was my rock.

“I’m hanging out with Anthony and Jess after school, so don’t wait for me.” I had parked the car in the furthest parking spot I could and before I could say a thing to my brother, he was off.

Turning off the car, I started digging through my bag. My math homework sat in the book; I took it out and quickly finished the last few problems. When that was done, I got out, locked the car and headed straight to Scott’s locker.

He managed to bribe his way to a cozy spot by the locker rooms, which were near the front of the building, so it wasn’t hard to find at all. When I confronted him, he was leaning against the locker talking to Niall Horan. I slid in between the two and smiled at Scott. He raised an eyebrow at me before looking back at Niall. I bit my lip and shrugged my shoulders. “Dahl, looking cute today.” Niall spoke. I turned my attention to him and giggled.

“I could easily take you today instead. You up for it?” Niall shook his head.

“Naw, things to do.” I pouted, but he smiled at Scott, “I’ll talk to you later.” And left.

Scott turned back to his locker. “Come on, 5 minutes and you can go back to organizing your water bottles. Promise.” I reached for his hand as he sighed. I knew I won.

He led me in the locker room, looking around to make sure it was empty. He seemed to have missed me, because he didn’t hesitate to crash his lips into mine while pushing me against one of the back lockers. His hands found my jacket and pushed it off.

I didn’t have to tease my tongue into his mouth this time. Scott seemed very eager, it was rare. Big meet was probably coming up. My jacket fell to the floor and Scott’s hand found my zipper. I pulled back pretty quickly, “Not here.” Scott didn’t stop, his lips met my neck and his hand was in my dress. “Scott!” I pushed my hands against his chest and glared at him. He rolled his eyes and turned from me, walking out without a word.

I zipped my dress and picked my things up. It wasn’t the first time a guy tried to get more than I wanted from me. Sure, I was breaking rules being in the locker room, but I wasn’t going to have sex on school property. That would lead to a lot more trouble if I was caught and I worked hard to keep my grades up enough to get the hell out of this town.

The door to the locker room opened, I assumed Scott was back to apologize, but a bubbly Brit found his way to me instead. “Dahlia, did you eat another one alive?”

“Scott had to go, Tomlinson. Shouldn’t you be sticking pins in a teachers chair or something?” I started to walk away, but he laughed.

I looked at him and licked my lips, “That’s child’s play. Besides, I’m being good this morning. Unless you want to ditch and be bad with me.”

“Hm.” Louis stood there, a look of seriousness on his face. “You and me, ditching and having some fun?” For a moment, I seriously thought about taking him up on his offer, but I shook my head, thinking of Tatum and Harry. “Not today.”

Louis scratched his head, making his brown hair even messier than it was before. “Come on, Dahl. You know you want to take me for a test run.” I shook my head as Louis pouted. “I’ll beg if I have to. I’ll get down on my knees, but if I hurt them before the big game, it’s your fault.”

“I’ll see you later, Lou.” The door to the locker room opened again, I slipped out before Louis could weasel in another word. With the nice ass he had, plus a face of near perfection, I would probably take him up on the offer if he asked one more time. But at the moment, without running it by Tatum (she was my conscience) I knew it was probably a bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG OMG OMG! It's starting! :D Who's ready for an adventure with roller coasters and sexy guys?

:) Keep your eyes peeled for Marissa, she's next!

xxBambi