The Play Book

Tatum Parker

Sex is hardly a thing these days. Most kids my age have already lost their virginity years ago and have sex within a week of knowing somebody, whether they’re dating or not. Sure, there are still people out there who are virgins and want to wait for their special someone but they’re few and far between. I agree with the latter. I think you should wait until you at least know you care for the person you’re with and vice versa so you don’t end up dumped within a week after you give it up. That’s exactly why I’ve waited so long to have sex with my boyfriend – almost four months, to be exact.

Harry definitely wasn’t a virgin and everybody knew that. He was a soccer player and I don’t think there is one guy on the team who isn’t known for how many girls he’s slept with. But although he’s been with most of the girls on the cheerleading team, and I wouldn’t doubt there’s even more than that – he’s been patient since I told him I wanted to wait. Well, as patient as a horny teenage boy could be, but as long as he wasn’t pushy about it, I was fine. But I’d decided last night that, since it’s been four months and our relationship has been good, that I would finally put him out of his misery. I was going to have sex with him.

“You’re going to what?” My best friend, Dahlia, asked after I’d told her.

“Oh, I know you heard me,” I replied. “And why do you sound so shocked by the idea?” Dahlia definitely wasn’t a virgin but she preferred hooking up over relationships. She wasn’t incredibly easy or anything – she did have standards – but she liked to fool around too much for a relationship.

“That’s because I am surprised! You haven’t had sex in how long? A year? I was beginning to think you’d become a nun,” she joked, causing me to roll my eyes. ”Harry will be excited though. When are you gonna do it?”

I shrugged, slowing my steps as we neared Harry and his best friend, Louis. “I’m not sure because my parents are home all weekend. I was thinking inviting him over sometime next week when he doesn’t have soccer practice. My parents will be at work and we’ll have the house to ourselves,” I answered.

She nodded but didn’t say anything as we reached Harry and Louis. “I don’t know why she won’t!” Louis whispered loudly to Harry, sounding frustrated. He looked at me and Dahlia, immediately putting a smile on his face. “Hello, ladies.”

Harry turned around, grinning once he saw me. “Hi, love,” he greeted, giving me a quick kiss. He nodded at Dahlia as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “Hey Dahlia.”

“Hi,” she greeted. Her eyes slid over to Louis with a glint in her eyes. “Louis.” She directed her gaze back to me. “I have a huge next period so I think I’m just going to spend lunch studying. I’ll just see you later.”

I thought I heard Louis scoff under his breath but I just brushed it off. “Alright, but there’s soccer practice today so I need you to give me a ride home,” I reminded her. She nodded before walking off.

“I gotta go too. I don’t really feel like being a third wheel today so I’ll see you at practice,” Louis told Harry. “Don’t rough him up too bad, Tatum!” With a wink, he was walking off in the opposite direction Dahlia went.

I raised an eyebrow, looking up at Harry. “What was that about?” I asked him, curious as to why Louis was acting weird.

“Oh, nothing,” he brushed off, removing his arm from my shoulders as he grabbed his bag and closed his locker. “You ready to go eat?”

“I have to talk to you about something first,” I told him. I looked around, seeing students still lingering in the hallway. “Alone.” He raised an eyebrow and I just smiled, glancing around for a secluded before grabbing his hand and dragging him into a nearby girls bathroom. I checked to make sure it was empty before locking the door.

“I don’t think I belong here…” he trailed, looking down at his pants.

I laughed. “Let’s hope not,” I joked. “And I know, but I wanted privacy and you know how people around here get – especially when you’re involved.”

He chuckled. “So you dragged me into the girls bathroom? We couldn’t just find an abandoned hall?” he questioned, leaning against the walls as he crossed his arms.

I narrowed my eyes at him playfully. “Fine then,” I said, turning away from him. “I won’t tell you how you’ll finally be getting laid.”

I began to walk toward the door but Harry grabbed my wrist, pulling me back to him. I laughed as I bumped into his chest. “I’ll be getting what?” he asked, the beginning of a smirk on his lips as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I giggled. “Getting laid. Do you need me to explain to you what that means?” I asked, speaking as if I was talking to a small child.

He laughed. “No, you don’t,” he answered. “But what are you on about?”

“Well, I was thinking,” I started, playing with his necklace to avoid looking at him. “You’ve been good and only silently suffered about us not going all the way. And my parents work late on Monday’s, and you don’t have practice, so…” I trailed, knowing he’d catch on.

He lifted my chin, forcing me to look at him. “Are you sure?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. I could tell he was genuinely wondering, making sure I was sure, but the hopefulness and excitement dancing in my eyes told me that he was praying that I would actually go through with it.

“As long as you can drag yourself away from your teammates long enough and supply the protection,” I answered, grinning.

He let out a small laugh, his smile fully growing. “Yeah, I can do that,” he promised.

“It’s a date then,” I said, tugging on his necklace slightly to meet his lips. He returned the kiss, slowly moving his lips against mine as his hand reached up to my neck. I knew what he was trying to do – he enjoyed teasing me far too much – but before it could go anywhere, I heard somebody try to open the door, reminding me that we were in a school’s dirty bathroom. I quickly pulled away. “Right, we’re still in school,” I mumbled, my face heating up.

Harry laughed, pushing himself off of the wall. “Come on, let’s go eat,” he instructed, lacing his fingers with mine and leading us out of the bathroom. I was still embarrassed that Harry pulled us into the hallways, not caring if anybody had seen us. But when we passed Heather, Harry’s play thing before he started dating me, I couldn’t help but feel slightly smug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellllo! I'm Kayla and I'll be writing for Tatum. Let me know what you think :)

Keep your eyes peeled for Corie, she's next!