The Play Book

Dahlia Brooks

The bell was ringing as I finally managed to get into the school. Between Darren being sick and my mother on a business trip, I barely had time to get dressed before I noticed the time. Dallas was in a horrible mood, no doubt coming down with that Darren had. I still had an essay to write and I felt like I’d pass out from exhaustion at any second.

I had the whole weekend to do what I needed to do. But as always, I was playing house. Saturday came and went and Sunday I found myself in church, as unwelcomed as always. Well, it wasn’t like the whole church knew my sins, only those who went to school with me and they didn’t want me there. They never hesitated to show it, either.

I rushed into English, nearly knocking over the cart with the projector on it. “Dahlia.” My teacher sighed as he watched me sit in the back row. “You can’t continue to be late. It’s the same thing almost every day.” I rolled my eyes and opened my notebook. “One more time and you get a detention.”

Most of the lesson I spent doodling in my notebook, glancing up every now and then to make sure I knew what was going on. When class let out, I walked quietly to my study hall. A strong hand gripped my arm before I entered the door, pulling me back and around the corner.

“Brooks, fancy seeing you here.” Louis gazed down at me with a grin.

Pushing his hand off my arm, I started back to the room, “Not now, Tomlinson.”

“Well, why not?” He pouted as I pausing in my spot. “You’ll shag my mates, but you won’t even talk to me?”

“Shag makes me think of a furry rug.”

Louis laughed and shook his head, “Come on, Babe. Give me a chance to show you a good time. I promise to blow the others out of the water.”

“You think that’s possible?” I walked towards him. “From the talk I hear, you pack less than satisfactory.”

Louis closed his eyes and dropped his head, “Ouch.” He looked at me, a cocky smile on his face, “You are a hard egg to crack.” His hand lightly wrapped around my waist and pulled me close. “I can guarantee you it’s not ‘less than satisfactory.’ I hear the library is a great place this time of year.”

I placed my hand at the top of his pants and smiled. “Louis, Louis, Louis. You don’t understand how I work.” I ran my hand down the front of his pants and against his inner thigh. He bit his lip and tightened his grip on me. “I don’t put out for anyone and I sure as hell don’t do it on school property.” I slapped my hand against his groin, causing him to pull back and groan unhappily.

“Fuck.” Lou grabbed his crotch and growled. “You are a real piece of work, Dahl.” Taking in a sharp, quick breath he added, “Fine, if that’s how it works. Meet me after school and we can go somewhere.”

“Okay, you’ve got 10 minutes in the locker room. Clothes stay on. Hands stay above the waist and below the chest.”

“I’ll take it, but no promises.” He winked before taking my hand and leading the way.

When we entered the locker room, a few guys were standing around. Louis gave a quick nod at them and they quickly left the room. Before I could say anything, his lips were on mine. I kissed him back and pushed him into the showers. At any moment, one of the coaches could walk in and spot us. The showers were the safest place during class time.

Louis was eager to move further. His hand traveled up my shirt and the other found its way to the top of my skirt. It wasn’t long before both hands were pulling my skirt up and playing with my panties. “Okay. Times up.”

“We’ve only just started.” He countered. I moved away from the wall and pushed him against it. He smiled, thinking I was going to continue. “You like to be in control?” I nodded, “I can deal with that.” He kissed me again, closing his eyes and moving his hands back to my panties.

I pressed my hands against the wall and searched. Within seconds, I found the knob and turned it to cold. I pushed myself away before the water found Louis.

“Shit.” He turned quickly shutting off the water. “What the hell?”

“I said time’s up.” Louis pulled his shirt off and I found myself staring. “I figured a cold shower might help you.” My eyes were glued to his abs.

The door to the locker room opened and I forced myself to look away, “Well, thanks.” Sarcasm. “Glad I brought another fucking shirt.” Pissed was an understatement. He wasn’t pissed, he was furious. “Just go.”

I followed him out to the lockers and stopped to grab the books I left on one of the benches. Louis grabbed his bag and pulled out a shirt. I wanted to say something to him, but he slipped the dry shirt on and was gone before I could.

There was a thud as he left, but he didn’t seem phased by the object that fell out of his backpack. I eyed the dark colored book on the ground. I never took him for a reader. He seemed more of the movie type. So out of curiosity, I picked it up and opened to the first page.

It was hard to explain what I was reading. The book was completely hand written and it definitely wasn’t a diary. I quietly read the first page aloud. "What happens in these pages determines what happens out on that soccer field. It's a matter of win or lose. By failing to do the one thing you're assigned to do, you're failing your entire team, as well as the Raven's legacy. You're going down in history regardless, but will it be for good or bad? That's your decision; make the right one. Now the rules are simple."

The Raven’s were superstitious, it was obvious. Rumors were always tossed around about a book, different tales of what was inside. I never found myself believing them, it seemed ridiculous. But here I was, reading a book that was real, a book that seemed to date as far back as the 80’s and a book that had the stupidest rules I’d ever seen in my life. I closed the book and left the room before someone found me.

The only other place I could get some time to read it would be the bathroom. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Tatum, asking her to meet me ASAP. I stood outside the door and waited for her. When she arrived, we went in and I handed her the book. “Guess what I found.”

“Don’t ask me to read for you again. You seriously need to start doing your own reports.” Tatum handed me the book back.

I opened it to the first page and read off the paragraph. She shrugged her shoulders. “Okay, listen to the rules.” Tatum crossed her arms and sighed. “Rule number one: Find the girl you've been given. Rule number two: Do whatever you have to and get her interested. Rule number three: Get her in bed.”

Tatum seemed shocked as I flipped the pages. “This isn’t real. Where did you get it?”

“Louis dropped it in the locker room.”

“What were you doing with him in the locker room?”

I waved my hand at her, “What do you think? Anyway, you’ll never believe the list.”

Placing the book in her sight, I pointed to Harry’s name. “What?” The corners of her mouth turned down into a frown and she pushed the book away. “Harry wouldn’t follow something that stupid.” Closing the book, I watched her eyes dart around the room as she thought.

“Well how did he act when you said you were going to sleep with him?” She didn’t look at me and I knew what it meant.

“We have to cut off all sex for them.” She grabbed the book and flipped open to the last page. “A few of these girls are already crossed off, but there are five names left. Let’s go tell them.”

“Tell them they are moving targets for horny soccer players? That’s going to go well. How are we going to convince three other girls not to have sex with the sexiest guys at our school?”

Tatum forced a small smile, “With the book as proof and hopefully the guys circling them like hawks, we have enough to get them to consider.” She placed the book in her bag before looking back at me, “Do you think you can last the rest of the season?”

Sticking my tongue out at her, I replied, “I’ve lasted four months of his fine ass already. I think I can go a little longer.” But honestly, I wasn’t completely sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhh! And The Play Book has been found.

Will the girls join the pact?

Marissa is up next, lets she what she has for us!

xxBambi