Status: Complete!

Skyfall

One

"I'm sorry Gabby but the last two spots are being used for Lindsey's parents"
Those words stung. The fact that Johnny had changed so much he didn't seem to care that he hadn't made sure I was able to come to game 6 in Boston.

Crazy to think that 3 years ago things were so different, I was the one he came to when he had a bad game, or the one who wore his jersey during the cup final. And now I wouldn't even be there if he won his 2nd cup.

"Fine I see how it is", I answered back trying to not let my building tears leave my eyes. I got up from the couch in Johnny's condo and stormed out. As soon as I got out that door and down to my car the tears fell.

I didn't understand why Johnny was acting like this. We had been best friends since we were 5. He was the one that talked me into moving to Chicago to finish school after he stayed up with the team during his 1st year. I had been there game 6 in Philly when he won his 1st cup. We were inseparateable. Now, it was the complete opposite. Ever since he started dating Lindsey he's barely talked to me.

This by far was the worst thing that he had done. He had two extra spots for game 6. One was supposed to be mine and the other would be whoever needed another spot. But no, Lindsey's parents were now taking those two spots. I think the part that killed me was that I felt like he didn't even try to fight for me to be there, his best friend of 20 years.

That Sunday;
Right now I should be happy, I was sitting across from Andrèe and Bryan at lunch. They had wanted to catch up and with me teaching at the elementary school during the week this was the only available time.

"So Gabby, are you going to be meeting us at Johnny's place tomorrow to go to Boston?" Asked Andrée, as I snapped back into the conversation.
"Oh, um no actually", I answered. Obviously Johnny hadn't told his parents that I wasn't 'invited'.
"So you'll be meeting us at the airport I guess then?" Bryan stated

My eyes looked to the table, "No......" I trailed off.
"Honey...", Andrée said as she reached across the table and grabbed my hand. "What's wrong?"
A tear slide down my cheek as I looked up at the two people I consider my 2nd parents and began to speak. "I won't be meeting you at the airport because I'm not invited to come anymore. Johnny gave my spot to one of Lindsay's parents and said that there's not way he's able to get another ticket".

"Oh Gabby", Bryan said as he came over and gave me a hug. "I can't believe Jonathan would do such a thing"
"Especially after he started dating Lindsey while you were......."
"Andrée!" Bryan said cutting her off. "I doubt she needs to be reminded about that".

The rest of the lunch talk centred around me not going to Boston. But Bryan said that he had a plan in mind. As we finished lunch and I thanked them for taking me out, they promised they wouldn't tell anything to Jonathan abut any of this.