Status: Complete!

Skyfall

Four

I made my way down to the ice, after all the families were already out on the ice congratulating all the guys. Flashbacks of 2010 began to creep into my head. I was the one who was the first one down on the ice and now this felt so weird just coming down way after everyone.

I made my way on the ice, trying to find Jonathan. On my way I congratulated and gave hugs to most of the guys. I saw Patrick and Abby, they waved and pointed in the direction where I would find Jonathan.

As I approached and made my way around the crowd of people in front of me, I stopped just a few feet short of where Jonathan was. There were his brother, one of his friends, his parents who first spotted me but they both looked at me with sadness.
And there with there CBC camera crew tapping, was Jonathan on one knee proposing to Lindsey. She shrieked and yelled "Yes!" Before jumping into his arms. I stood there frozen, tears forming and running down my cheeks. Then everything just came rushing back.

Back to when to 2010 when they won I was the one beside Jonathan, wearing his jersey. We had been hooking up with each other for a number of months. We kept it a secret since it was our private life. Everyone had finally found out about us when I jumped into his arms when I first got onto the ice and we kissed. He had never let go of my hand even when other people came up to congratulate him. And in that very moment, I thought of myself as his girl. That I could truly see myself be with him forever, and that our friendship had blossomed into something more. Even if we weren't official or anything, we hadn't been seeing anyone else. But that all changed in October when I went to Australia for 3 months for student teaching experience. We had gotten into a a huge fight about me going. He said that if I left we were done. And about a couple weeks in, Abby called me to tell me Jon had started seeing Lindsey.

I was devastated but this, this killed me. At that moment I snapped back to the present and Jon was now looking at me, Lindsay was smiling and hugging her parents. That should be me, I should be where Lindsey is right now. Before Jon could even get any closer to me, I turn and ran off the ice.

The rest of the night was a blur, I had gotten a taxi to the airport and flew back to Chicago. Once back in my apartment, I spent the rest of the night on my couch crying. Still to this day, if I could go back in time I would never have gone away. Or I wish I had told Jonathan how this all made me feel but I never did.