Status: Complete!

Skyfall

Five

*A year later
I sat in my lawn chair on the roof of my condo in Tampa. The school year was over and I was finally getting to relax. It had been a year of adjusting since I transferred from Chicago.

I thought I would have been okay, but once I saw pictures and videos from that night I just knew I couldn't live in Chicago anymore. Jonathan had called me and send me texts at least a dozen times after I ran. But I knew if I was going to try and get over I had to have a clean break so I never answered him.

Just then my phone rang..
"Gabby!"
"Amanda (Grahovec)!"
"How are you?! I haven't talked to you in like a month or two"
"I'm alright, just laying out"
"That sounds awesome, now there's another reason I called. You know the wedding is this weekend right."
"Yeah I know Amanda. Why", I said with a sigh.
"Your stopping it!!!" Yelled Patrick from the background.
"Not yet Patrick!", she said as you could hear her push him away. "What I mean is, you obviously are still in love with him"
"Do I really have to go over this right now.."
"Yes! Because you know you want to be with him. You do right"
Tears began to form, as I began to deal with something I had tried to push to the back of my thoughts for the past year. "Yes I do still want to be with him." I choked out."But I don't think I had gotten to that love stage Amanada."
"Don't get upset Gabby, I just want you to realize that you have one more chance and that it isn't over yet."
"I'll come, Jonathan isn't getting married to Lindsay, if I have anything to do with it"
Cheers erupted from the background as I heard all my friends high fiving.

That Saturday I found myself infront of the church with our group.
Sharp and Kane had given me a pep talk and assured me that I was doing the right thing. We sat near the back of the church with me slightly hiding beside Bryan so that no one would notice me. I saw Jonathan walk to the front of the church, smiling but his eyes read those of sadness. Soon enough the procession started and Lindsay walked down the aisle.
"That dress looks like its made out of plastic bags", I whispered to Amanda who tried to keep her laughter in. The way Lindsey looked at Jonathan made me want to vomit, I used to look at him like that.
As the wedding progressed, I was moved down the pew so that I was right beside the aisle. And then my moment came.

"Should anyone here present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace." The priest stated.

I sat frozen, but when Sharp elbowed me I stood up, "I do". Now or never. There were gasps and Lindsey shot me a dirty look. But the only person who's face I was looking at right now was Jonathan's.

"Jonathan", I started out. "You can't marry Lindsey."
I said before tears started to fall. "I've said a million times if I could go back to deciding if I would go to Australia or not I would have stayed here with you. If I knew that me going away would have broken us apart I never would have. I want to spend the rest of my life with you because Im in love with you Johnny. I've fallen deeply and madly in love with you, my best friend. And If you don't feel the same I'll walk out those doors and never come back to Chicago."

I stood there, as I saw Jonathan mule this over. This was it, either way at least I finally told him. He looked at me and then to Lindsey, then at his parents. After what felt like a million years, he finally opened his mouth to speak.

He turned to Lindsey,"I'm sorry but I can't marry you. I finally realized the mistake I made".
He walked down the steps toward me and I walked to met him halfway. When we met he looked into my eyes and said "Gabby I'm so sorry for not realizing what we have is perfect when I saw you on the ice after we won and how upset you were I knew how you felt and....", He said as he brushed a tear off my cheek, "I feel the same way, Gabriella. I'm in love with you".

Cheers erupted from his teammates, my fiends and his family. He leant down and kissed me. Then we walked out the church hand in hand ready for our life together and whatever came with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all enjoyed this story!