‹ Prequel: Spies
Sequel: Mythical Creature
Status: Done

He Remembered

Day 5: School

Alex gazed at Jack wearing his graduation gown as Jack came up on stage, accepted his diploma and shook hands with the principal.

12 years together. All gone so fast.

Alex could still remember the first time they'd met in first grade. He recalled Jacks stupid haircut and how hyper Jack was. Alex was worried and nervous, especially since he was moving to a new country.

Jack immediately smiled at him and invited him to play with him blocks. He complimented Alex on his accent. Alex remembered the way Jacks eyes lit up when he talked. He nagged Alex to say phrases for him so he'd hear them in his British accent. From that they that's it. Best friends.

Alex remembered third grade when his dog died. He'd never been so sad. His mom allowed him to miss school as he sat in bed and mourned his death.

Jack came over to his house with a huge tub of ice cream and a new puppy. He said he couldn't stand to see his best friend sad. They watched all the videos Alex had of his dog, smiling fondly at the memories. Then they played with the new dog. Alex accepted him into his family immediately. He was adorable. Every time Alex saw him, he was reminded of Jack.

Alex remembered fifth grade. His parents decided he'd have to go to a private school. Alex was miserable. He had no friends and missed all his old friends dearly. Keeping touch with Jack was hard but they still managed it.

In the middle of the year, Alexs parents finally realized he'd be better in the public school. He moved there. When he came to school, he found Jack being popular, having so many new friends and forgetting about him. Or so he thought. Jack and him exchanged some sentences occasionally but it was nothing like their former friendship. Alex still felt alone.

One day, one of Jacks friends taunting him about his haircut. Jack stood up for him, yelling and cursing at the boy. He broke off their friendship. Alex could remember the fire in Jacks eyes as he said "If you bully Alex you're no friend of mine. Fuck off."

Jack invited him over again. They slowly got closer and closer again, promising nothing would break them. They would always be together, like peanut butter and jelly, peas in a pod. Jack even joked once that they were like marshmallow fluff and his tongue. Whatever it was, Alex loved it.

They were spending so much time together, meeting after school, practically living in each others homes. Alex had never had such a best friend. He didn't know what would have happened if he hadn't met Jack. Jack was the only reason he survived middle school.

Alex remember their first kiss. They were in 9th grade out in their tree. Jack loved climbing on the tall tree in his back yard. He'd stay up their for hours, listening to music. Alex would come up there with him and they'd just talk for hours.

Alex was slowly falling for him. It happened so slowly he didn't even notice. Jack had transitioned from his best friend into his crush. Alex loved his laugh, his voice, everything. He started to dream about a relationship, feeling hopeless.

Jack was talking about his current girlfriend when Alex did it. Just leaned over and kissed him. The thing was Jack kissed him back.

When they broke it was the first time Alex had ever seen Jack speechless. Jack started to talk like nothing happened. Then he cut himself off, jumped off the tree leaving Alex alone.

He returned after a few minutes saying "Well now I'm single. Where were we?" Alex loved the adorable smirk in the end.

Jack climbed the tree quickly and sat on the branch next to Alex. This time he started their kiss. Alex couldn't be happier. Alex thought they finally had a relationship.

Instead they had stolen kisses, drunken kisses, a occasionally hand or blow job, and they were, if that was possible even closer than before. It took a full year of this until Jack admitted he loved him and asked him to be his boyfriend.

Alex couldn't remember ever being more happy. Jack arranged everything, saying he wanted it to be perfect. He called Alex one day on 10th grade, inviting him to the park for a surprise. Alex came and found a perfectly arranged picnic. They ate together, joking happily. Alex was having so much fun.

Eventually they lied side by side on the blanket and stared into the clear blue sky. Jack called Alex's name, making him look into jacks dark brown chocolate eyes.

Alex remembered the anxiousness, fear and excitement that radiated in Jacks eyes as he said "Alex I think I love you. Will you be my boyfriend?" Alex responded by tackling him into a hug giving him a kiss and saying "Yes! I love you too!"  

Their earlier relationship was nothing next to this. The kisses stopped being stolen and instead become proud.  Jack loved being the clinche couple, sending sweet notes, kisses on starry nights, long night chats, everything.

Alex remembered the first time they had sex together. Jack wasn't a virgin, although Alex was. Jack kept trying to be as gentle as possible, trying to make it as sweet as could be. Lying afterwards, together, panting, cuddling naked and falling to sleep together. It was perfect. They had sex again a lot even.

Everytime Alex found himself loving Jack more. They fit perfectly together. Just seeing his smile made Alex's day.

Alex remembered going to prom together, this year. They danced together to almost all the songs slow and fast. Alex enjoyed every second.

Seeing Jack get his diploma finishing those twelve years was amazing. They'd done it. Alex remembered millions of sleepovers, jokes, boring lessons, heart to hearts, smiles, kisses. Millions of amazing memories.

And he knew he'd have even more in the future, with Jack. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are really appreciated.