Status: when I can :)

Bloodshot Eyes

Adelaide Skylark

Daniel

“Mr. Desario,” Mr. Fleck pulls me out of my thoughts.

I look up quickly. “Yeah?” My voice comes out hoarse.

He raises his eyebrows at me then looks at my feet. “Take your feet off the chair and let Ms. Skylark sit.”

I clear my throat and nod. “Right,”

I stand up as she approaches me, pushing the chair I recently sat on towards her. She mumbles a ‘thank you’ before sitting down. I take the chair I had my feet on and drag it beside her, exhaling as I sit down.

“So, what do you do in this club?” She asks me.

“They’re playing Dungeons and Dragons.” I look at the group a few meters away from us, all huddled up by a table.

“You’re not playing?” She tilts her head in question.

“Nah,” I shake my head. “I won the last time, I don’t want them to lose again.”

She raises her eyebrows. “You play Dungeons and Dragons?”

“Hey, it’s a fun game.” I raise my arms. She chuckles. “So what’s the captain of the cheerleading squad doing here?”

She shrugs. “I don’t want to do cheerleading anymore.”

“And from all the clubs, you decide to join AV?”

“Yeah, well, I’m just really tired from all the attention.”

I nod and we sit in silence for a while. I study her face––her eyes looked brown from the sun shinning down on her.

I lean closer to her, whispering, "want to get out of here?"

"We're allowed to leave?" She asked innocently, her eyes looking up, connecting with mine.

I chuckle. "Yeah," I stand up, offering a hand to her, "come on,"

She takes my hand and stands up quickly, although there was a sense of reluctance in her expression. We go out of the classroom, Mr. Fleck nodding at us as we reach the door.

"Does he even care if we leave?" Adelaide asks when I closed the door behind me.

I shrug. "Doesn't matter; we're out already."

She laughs. It sounds so pleasing to the ear. It's one of those moments where something is so amazing, you want to pause everything for a while and just live in that moment. She's like that. That's Adelaide Skylark.