‹ Prequel: Fairy Tale
Sequel: Aliens
Status: done :D

Futuristic

Day 8: Futuristic

I was sitting at home watching TV when I heard a odd noise. I turned around, startled and found a gray sphere inside my living room.

"What the hell?" I muttered as I crept closer. Suddenly the thing opened and a tall man stepped out. He looked at me and started to hug me.

I let it sink in. There's a weird man in my living room and he's hugging me.

"Jack. Oh god Jack." I pushed him back saying "How do you know my name? What are you doing in my house? Who are you?"

I stated at him again. He was wearing jeans and a Glamour Kills whatever that was t-shirt. He had brown hair cut in a messy fringe.

"I'm Alex. You don't recognize me?" He asked sounding hurt. "How old are you?"he asked looking confused.

"I'm 17. There's no way in hell you're Alex."

"Well I am. I'm from the future. I'm 23. "

"Look dude. I don't know who you are or what you're doing in my house but you're not my best friend."

"I missed you so much Jack." He said staring at me.

"What do you mean? You don't know me!"

"For the final time! I'm Alex! I know everything about you! We're best friends!"

I was about to retort back, or possibly run away from the weird guy in my living room who apparently was insane until I looked into his eyes. They were cinnamon golden brown. There was only one person I knew with those eyes.

"Alex? It is you. What the hell is going on? What are you wearing? Why are you here?"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" He asked looking offended. "I mean look at your hair." He said.

"My hair? Well someone's jealous." I loved my hair. I'd just bleached another streak. He was about to answer back but he suddenly hugged me again.

"I missed you. So so much. God jack you have no idea." I let him hug me this time but I couldn't help but ask "Ok what's with all the hugging? And why would you miss me? What did future me do?" I asked starting to panic. What if I fucked up everything?

"I'm not sure how to say this."

"Just say it! We never had problem talking before."

Alex took a deep breath and said "Jack you're supposed to die today. You're planing on going to Flyziks party today right? As you cross the road you get run over. You die instantly. I know this is against time rules and I'll get into a shit load of trouble for messing with the past but I can't let you die. I miss you so much. I never told you this but I love you."

I let it all sink in. I'm supposed to die today? The thought terrified me. I guess dying at 17 was never seriously a thought. I never imagined it. And Alex loves me.Thoughts were tumbling through my head. It was too much to process.

Alex looked concerned and said "Jack are you ok?" "I just wow." I muttered.

"But look Jack that's why I'm here. I'm going to make sure you don't die today! And then you'll live and possibly date past me and we'll all be happy!" He said excitedly.

"Wait does 17 year old you like me too?"

"Yep. Can't you see? I blush like insane whenever you touch me and I literally wrote a few songs about it. I mean even our fans know it."

"Our fans?" I asked curiously. We have fans?

"Oops. I'm not supposed to say stuff that happens in the future." Alex said.

"Please!" I said giving him puppy eyes.

"Stop! You know I'll say yes eventually." I continued until he said "Fine. If you first call Flyzik and say you're not going today."

"Ok." I called Flyzik and canceled with him, ignoring his shouts and curses.

"Now tell me!" We sat down on my couch. "What fans?"

Alex smiled and said "Well All Time Low worked out pretty good. I play your parts when we record and on tour we have to find a replacement but none of them are nearly as good as you. There a fund for your name and Taco Bell opened a taco on your name." That made md smile. Taco bell are literally the best thing ever invented.

"And the fans?" I prompted, smiling since apparently even older Alex was still as scatter brained as younger one.

"Oh right. So we actually have fans! It's so incredible and they're so amazing. I talk about you a lot and they've seen pictures of us together and some of them think we should be together. They call it Jalex."

Jalex. It made me smile. All Time Low worked? I mean it was just a hobby.

"That's really cute."

"Some of them actually write stories about us. Its hilarious but they're really sweet."

"Really? How dirty are they?" I joked.

Alex smiled and said "Jack I missed you so much. I think about you all the time. I can't believe you're here, in front of me alive. I'm going to make sure you'll stay alive. I can't let you die."

"How exactly are you going to do that?"

"I'm going to make sure you don't leave the house or do anything dangerous."

"Aw my future best friend is babysitting me." I joked.

"Well actually I wanted us to jam together. I really miss playing with you."

We went up stairs and played together. Alex showed me a few of All Time Lows songs. They were amazing. I loved Weightless. Alex seemed so happy to play with me. His voice had matured and it literally sounded like a angel. We played together for a few hours just like we did everyday. Alex didn't want to stop saying he missed it.

Finally we ate together pizza. I loved those times with Alex. Alex kept checking the time. He was so cautious. After eating, with Alex staring at me as if I'd choke at any second.

We played some video games together. As usual Alex beat me.

Present Alex texted me a few times asking about the party. I told him I wasn't going and he offered to come over. Imagining Present Alex with Future Alex made me smile but I told him my mom brought people over.

At 7:12 minutes we closed the game. According to the police I died at 7:13.

The seconds slowly passed, Alex tensing up. I was so anxious. What would happen? Would I die? Or suddenly disappear in thin air?

The minute passed. Alex relaxed.

Looking sad he said "My work is done. Hopefully I'll meet you in the present. Do me a favor and ask me out. You have no idea how much I want that. It was amazing to hang out with you again. I'll see you again." He walked up to his time machine.

Before leaving he pressed his lips to me, slowly kissing me. It was sweet and gentle. Alex tasted amazing.

"I've been wanting to do that for so long." He whispered. "I love you Jack."

He climbed into his time machine closed the door and after a few seconds disappeared. I was sad to see him go. I knew what to do.

I called present Alex and said "Wanna go out sometime?"

"You mean like a date?" He asked

. "Exactly."

He took a deep breath and said "I'd love to." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of rushed I know. And maybe time travel isnt exactly related to the future.

I'm updating early since a friend (YES I HAVE FRIENDS OMG) is sleeping over soon. Comments as usual are always welcome. Have a great day night afternoon etc!