Status: done whoo

Deserted Island

Day 12: Deserted Island

Jack Barakat regretted for the millionth time leaving. He hated himself for it. If only he knew that one tiny choice would change his life. If only he had thought about the consequences of his actions. He wouldn't be where he was right now. He wouldn't have done that. It was stupid and immature.

Now Jack had plenty of time to run through his mistakes over and over again. There wasn't much to do apart from that.

If only he hadn't gotten so angry at Alex for ruining his signed Blink CD. If only he hadn't decided to go on a boat ride to relax. Jack loved the sea. Until that was all he could see. His dad loved water and boats. He taught him how to sail. Whenever Jack felt sad or angry he'd take go on his boat on a ride.

If only he hadn't fallen asleep on his boat.  He was tired. The rocking of the small boat relaxed him and before he knew it he was sleeping.

Waking up on the boat was terrifying. He found himself in the middle of the sea, completely lost, with no humans around. His phone didn't work, he had no idea how he got there and he was lost.

He did the only thing he could think of and started row, assuming he'd meet humanity eventually. He'd sit on the boat, rowing for hours and hours. He had a small water bottle and crackers that were on the boat for emergencies.

On the third day of this, when Jack was started to lose hope of ever finding humanity, he saw a small island in the distance. He rowed towards it, so hopeful.

He was so excited, he didn't dock the boat properly. Jack wanted to punch his younger self for that. Jack ran to the island, hoping whoever was there could speak English and possible lend him a phone call. Jack remembered laughing at the thought of his moms expression as he'd tell her he was on a island.

Jack was more disappointed than he'd ever been. The island was completely abandoned. Jack walked through the small island looking for one human being. He found many trees, sand, and caves but not one human being.

By that time, Jack walked back to his boat only to discover it was gone. He was on a abandoned island without any means to come back home. He had no idea where he was.

His first instinct was to simple lie down on the sand, curse his stupid self, and cry until the water would take him. But then he remembered Alex.

His last words to Alex were "I can't believe you ruined it! I hate you so much sometimes." Jack wanted to punch himself more for that. Alex was his boyfriend for the past two years. At that moment, standing there alone on the beach, Jack promised himself those hateful words wouldn't be his last words to Alex. He would see Alex again.

Everyone always made fun of Jack for this, but Jack loved learning survival. He read as many wilderness, zombie apocalypse, and survival books as possibly. In those days he thought he was doing it to prepare for the zombie apocalypse. It was stupid, he knew. But it gave him something to do and it was interesting.

That knowledge exactly saved Jacks life. He knew how to create shelter,hunt, find water, create a fire, anything.

The days went by. Jack spent most of his time staring into the ocean and thinking about Alex. He wondered how Alex looked, if someone was looking for him, what Alex thought. He wondered about what new music records came out while he was there and who was disqualified on the bachelorette.

But most of all he wondered if Alex forgave him. Alex became his driving life force. So many times he just wanted to give up. The awful cold nights, the scorching warm days, the cuts he'd get from wandering in the woods, the never ending boredom.

Jack had a piece of coal that he'd mark days on. He had been on the island for 589 days. For Jack it was 589 days without Alex, the love of his life.

Of course his mind tortured him by whispering that Alex probably found a new boyfriend, probably given up on him. Jack just had to keep reminding himself that his last words to Alex would not be hateful or angry.

Today was another day like every other. Jack slept in a small cave next to the sea. He could hear the calming waves. He ate a quick meal of black berries from the bush and some water from the stream. Then as usual he climbed his favorite tree and stared at the sea.

That was when he saw it. At first he thought he was imagining, that he was becoming delusional. There was a small ship coming towards the island. Jack knew there was no way it could be coming to the island but maybe this was his chance for salvation.

He looked desperately for his phone. While it had run out of battery long ago, and the water had destroyed it, it could still signal the ship. He aimed it at the sun and this ship, desperately hoping it worked.

Jack couldn't believe it. The ship seemed to be coming closer to the island. Jack had no idea why it was coming to a abandoned island, but he was so happy. Maybe he'd finally leave the island.

The ship was still coming closer. Jack wasn't imagining. Who knew? Maybe he'd be home in a few hours. The ship was a swimming distance now. Jack couldn't wait. He had to see who was it and why they came there.

He jumped into the sea and started swimming. About half way to the ship he heard someone yell than jump off the ship. Feeling confused he continued to swim towards the ship. The person who jumped off started to swim towards him.

Jack looked at whoever it was again and a sob rose in his throat. Not only was this the first human being he saw in the past almost two years, but it looked exactly like Alex. It couldn't be. Jack knew Alex wouldn't be on that ship. But god it looked exactly like him from the messy hair to the jeans and black green day t-shirt.

"Alex?" Jack called out hesitantly.

"Oh my god. Jack!" It was Alex.

Jack started to swim as fast as possible. They finally met.

"Alex. Alex. I'm so sorry. I love you." Jack said tears stinging in his eyes.

"Jack you're alive. I knew you were. I love you so much. You have no idea how much I missed you. I was so worried." Alex said.

Before he could stop himself,in the water he gave Jack a hug. Jack missed Alex so much. He was crying, holding Alex's body against him, never wanting to let go.

They climbed up to the ship. Jack was reunited with his family. Tears were all around. Alex kept hugging and hold Jack as if to make sure he was really there.

All the authorities had given up on finding Jack, saying he was dead and there was no way anyone could survive alone. But Alex and Jacks family didn't give up on finding Jack. They knew he could survive.

Jack was finally with his family and Alex. He knew he'd never be apart of them again.

He loved Alex more than anything else in the entire world. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I like writing survival Jack XD not too much Jalex I know. You guys still haven't answered my what do you want to see more question so I'd love if you could. Thanks for reading! See you all tomorrow