Status: I'm trying to update as often as possible! Let me know what you think?

New Kid

Chapter Ten

In the morning I woke up next to Adam, he was writing on a stack of paper.
"I hope you're not working."
"It's not much there was just a few bits of paperwork." I took it away from him and he sighed.
"No working. We both go back to work tomorrow." He pulled me up against him and kissed me gently.
"I love you waking up next to me.." He whispered gently.
"Me too...you're so sweet to me."
"You deserve it."
"No I mean, well thanks but, you're not like this to anyone."
"Because I don't want to be."
"Not even to the guys?"
"What kisses and dry humping? No...I thought that a little inappropriate with colleagues."
"I'm one of your colleagues."
"Yes but you're you...I never could've resisted you." He spoke softly, tracing my jaw with a finger before kissing me. I pushed myself up onto his lap and looped my arms around his neck as I kissed him back, I wanted him so badly but in the back of my mind there was this constant niggling thought that I wasn't ready.
"I've gotta go home and shower and change, I'll-"
"No Chris, what if they're out there waiting for you??"
"Adam we are not gonna let whoever this is, cause let's face it there's a chance it could just be a stalker or something, but we are not gonna let them ruin our lives, if it makes you feel that scared, I'll take Tom with me?" Adam sighed and got up, much to my annoyance and came out with me to ask Tom if he'd mind going with me.
"But Adam-"
"No I'll be fine. Whoever this is, they've been following Chris not me." Tom didnt want to leave him but he also wasn't about to let me go on my own so he gave in and walked with me.
"I know what you mean Chris I think there is someone watching us.." It began to freak both of us out a bit but we carried on and suddenly this young girl came running up to us, making us both jump.
"Oh my god!!! Christopher Drew I can't believe it's actually- I love you so much I can't believe it!!!" We both exhaled sharply as she babbled on for a few minutes.
"I am such a huge fan of yours!!"
"Of...my music? Or my articles?.."
"Both!! Both!! I follow absolutely everything you do, I listen to your songs all the time and read everything you've ever done I love you!! Can I hug you?!?" I couldn't help but laugh and give her a quick hug which she squealed at and danced around a bit.
"What's your name hon?"
"Sandy!!"
"Okay..." I signed something for her and she suddenly went calm.
"Thank you so much for this!! I came all the way from Nebraska just to meet you!!" Me and Tom both gaped at her.
"Wow...Sandy...that's...wow..."
"Now I can go home and live in peace again!! Thanks again!!"
"You're welcome...hey Sandy? Can I ask you two things?"
"Of course!!"
"Have you been following me the last few days? It's fine if you have we won't get you into trouble." She went red and looked down at her little pink shoes.
"Umm...yeah...sorry..."
"No it's fine don't worry." I looked at Tom who breathed a sigh of relief and walked away from the two talking so he could call Adam.

"And number two..can I have your email address or Facebook or something? Because I feel awful that you came all this way and that's all I did for you so..I guess we could chat from time to time if you want?" She looked absolutely gobsmacked.
"Really?? Wow thank you!! Okay this is my email address...and my full name on Facebook so you can find me..."
"Great, thanks Sandy, have a safe trip home ok?" She beamed and nodded happily before skipping off.

"Well that's a relief." Tom said, coming back over to me.
"Yeah it is!! Wow...that was so weird...but kinda sweet at the same time? Anyway, I guess you can do whatever you want now. Thanks for coming with me." Tom smiled and went back to Adam.

I did everything I had to and went back to the apartment, only to find Tom had left and Adam was on the floor, sweating and gritting his teeth against the pain in his leg.
"Adam!! Oh my god what's wrong?"
"Shit!! My leg...I think I have an infection. Don't look!!" I sighed at him.
"For god's sake Adam I can handle the sight of an infection, pull your trousers down." He pulled the waistband of his sweats down to his knees and sure enough, the healed-looking cut on his leg was an angry red with a slimy hint of yellow.
"Right, has anything come out of it?" I asked him, calling Tom.
"No...then again I haven't tried to make anything come out...hurts too much."
"Right, Tom's just round the corner we're gonna take you to the hospital-"
"No hospitals!!"
"Tough luck buttercup." He rolled his eyes and I helped him up, getting him out the front door where Tom came bounding up them and helped us the rest of the way down.
"When did this start Adam? It couldn't have just suddenly started hurting when Tom left."
"Hurt this morning...and yesterday..."
"Oh god it was running for my inhaler!!"
"Didn't have a choice...wasn't gonna let you suffocate cause I was worried about my freaking leg..." I shook my head slightly and he kissed it.
"Don't feel guilty, it was my decision."

We got to the hospital and it turned out the stab wound was as deep as muscle tissue, and running had ripped it even further, on top of that, it had got an infection.
"In about two weeks you should be walking normally again, luckily the muscle tissue damage isn't severe."
"Thanks doc!!" Adam was high on pain medication and me and Tom found it hilarious.
"Chris you're so...I love you my little baby....and Tom!! You're just...I love you like a friend-"
"Thank god." He mumbled.
"...you're so great!! Always have been....." The atmosphere changed slightly when Adam said that drowsily, because they knew it was true, Adam never said things like that and Tom was quite moved.
"My job."
"No...no!! You've always...done more than I asked you've always been more than great and you know...y'know what Tommy?" He asked, kneeling up slightly, being pushed back down by the other men.
"What, Adam?"
"You're not...you're not just someone I employ y'know you're..you're my brother and I love you man....you're always there for me, always got my back when I do stupid shit and I have yours too...even though I know you'd never ask me, you can you know?!! I mean, I'm your bro too so just...ring me up and I'm there!! Preferably in the next three weeks depending on how this stupid thing is..." He smacked his leg gently and Tom smiled tearfully, clearing his throat.
"Thanks Adam that means a lot."
"Don't mention it...and Chris my baby....I don't like you I love you...just too scared to say it...I've never loved anyone...besides Dan..you, you remember Dan? I told you about him in the little Italian place?"
"Yeah I remember..." I felt a bit emotional as Adam spoke, me and Tim both knew every word was true.
"Well I loved him and then all this time and now you!! Cause you...you never gave up on me...you stuck through my stupid cruel shit that I do to people and you wormed your way in and I ain't never letting you go again, voluntarily."
"You too. I...I'm pretty sure I love you too." Adam smiled and soon after drifted off to sleep for a while.

Me and Tom sat and spoke for a few hours while Adam slept, when he woke up he was in pain again and the doctor gave him more meds then sent us home.

"Thanks Tommy!!" Adam slurred and Tom laughed, bidding us goodbye and leaving.
"Chris...?"
"Yeah?"
"I...I wish I wasn't high right now."
"Why's that?"
"Cause then you'd think I was sexy and we could fuck..."
"If you weren't on meds then you'd be in pain, that ain't sexy."
"Ugh I know!! This sucks ass man..." I laughed at him and clambered up on the bed next to him.
"Now, I'm gonna give you a kiss, then make you something to eat, then you're sleeping." Adam smiled and I pecked his lips gently before going to cook.

By the time I got back to him, he was already asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think!! So sorry you guys for the slow update - next time I'll try and be quicker!!