Status: I'm trying to update as often as possible! Let me know what you think?

New Kid

Chapter Eight

I couldn't see where this room could potentially be so I just pressed the button on the remote, suddenly a panel opened in the floor by the kitchen and it had a little staircase that lead onto a whole other room. I gaped as I went down, Adam had his gym clothes all hanging up in there along with a lot of sporting equipment up one end, the other had a huge TV with all his games round it.
"Fucking hell..." I stopped myself from nosing around and went to find him a pair of sweatpants, they were a top high end brand (of course) and I rolled my eyes before taking them back upstairs, closing the secret room and finding him a clean pair of boxers and a t-shirt to wear with them.
Although I was sort of wondering if I pretended to forget the t-shirt if he'd just go topless.
"Hey Chris?!"
"Yea."
"I forgot a towel can you get me one please? They're downstairs." I went back down there and sure enough, there were his towels...and bed linens and handkerchiefs and all sorts of other crap.
"Do you have all the things you see as unfashionable downstairs??"
"Well yeah. Don't want them on display."
"Wow you wouldn't last a day in my apartment." Adam walked out in his towel, making me cross one leg over the over tightly to prevent myself from getting a hard on and laughed.
"I'm sure your apartment is lovely."
"Oh fuck off go get dressed. Nice game collection by the way."
"Is it?" Adam shouted from his bedroom. It was ridiculous, in my apartment you can be in different rooms and you'll still hear each other if you whisper, it's that small.
"Well yeah!!!"
"I don't really know anything about gaming, I bought them thinking I'd get into it but I've never played them."
"Any of them?!!" Adam came out of his room, all dressed comfily and he looked so cute.
"No. Don't really see the point. Are you into gaming?"
"Well no but even I know that's an awesome collection! I don't have many video games but back home my best friend Harry and I used to play all the time." Adam nodded, he didn't look happy.
"You look really uncomfortable."
"No it's just...you look so nice and presentable then I'm dressed in...well this...I'm just not used to it."
"What so you've never had a day where you've just been like 'you know what? I'm gonna have a lazy day in and wear my sweatpants.'"
"First part, yes, second part, no."
"What about when you're sick?"
"Life goes on." I laughed at him and made him sit down.
"You're so weird. I like it."
"Of course you do." I rolled my eyes and sat with him, he kept fidgeting.
"Would it make you feel better if I went and got my sweats from home and came back here looking just as scummy as you?" Adam laughed and said no but I could tell me was lying for my benefit so I went home and changed.

When I came back Adam was sat on his couch, he looked so uncomfortable it was unreal.
"What is the matter with you?"
"What?"
"You're so uncomfortable!! It's like this isn't even your home!"
"Well...I just...I'm always working or doing something, I've never done this before."
"What relaxed?"
"Well...yeah." I shook my head and plopped down on the couch next to him, he looked at me nervously.
"Seriously what's the matter?"
"I don't know!!! I just...feel so stupid." He admitted helplessly, I laughed and looped one arm round his neck.
"Chill you're not stupid. Come play some video games with me." He sighed but let me take him down to the other room and played halo with me.
"No, no, no, no no NOOO!!!!" I screamed as he killed me.
"HOW can you be so good at this?! I thought you'd never played?"
"I haven't. It's quite fun actually." I shook my head.
"Right. Rematch, NOW!!!" He paused the game when I got it going again.
"What?"
"You're sexy when you get all bossy." I blushed and he started playing again, catching me off guard.
"No fair!! You used your powers for evil!!"
"That I did."
"Do you want something to eat?"
"Yeah ok, I'll do it th-"
"No."
"What? Come on I can at least make dinner."
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because...I said so."
"Since when were you in charge?"
"Since you told me it was sexy. Now come on, what do you want?" Adam shrugged, back to being awkward again.
"Ok well, I'm no chef but I'll do my best." I found my way around his kitchen and made us some weird pasta dish that Harry used to make that I always loved - it never did get given a name.

As me and Adam sat eating, I noticed he was staring at me.
"Do I have sauce on my face?" He laughed.
"No, sorry. I just....I've never done this...with anyone."
"What? Been beaten up and had a new colleague from work who you slept all night on a roof with once come take care of you and drag you completely out of your comfort zone? I'm not exactly surprised Adam." He smiled.
"True, but I mean...this, being so...normal with someone. Ever since....well...ever. I've had dates and hookups that never turned into anything else, and I know you haven't had any serious relationships...I just think we..."
"Make a good albeit slightly dysfunctional pair?" He smiled again but then it changed into this whole other look, I found my heart pounding away in my chest, and I had absolutely no clue why.
"Chris I.....I like you Chris. A lot." It hammered away and I suddenly felt breathless, my chest got really tight, I began to heat up. Adam looked at me, waiting for an answer, his expression was the most open it had ever been, he looked absolutely crushed.
"I'm sorry Chris, I shouldn't have just dropped that on you-" he stood up and began talking, it wasn't making any sense to me though, and I cursed myself when I figured out why.

I was having a panic attack.

"Adam...." I wheezed, he didn't hear me though and kept on talking.
"A..." I couldn't finish his name, I was trying my best to regulate my breathing but I needed my inhaler, it wasn't working.
Adam came to walk past me and I grabbed onto his sweats. He looked at me and realised something was wrong.
"Shit, Chris what's-" I tried to breathe in, I wheezed loudly, gesturing to my throat.
"Oh my god, Chris what's the matter??!! What do I do? Are you having an allergic reaction?" I shook my head slowly, starting to feel very dizzy.
"Are you having a panic attack?" I nodded and held onto him as he knelt in front of me.
"Do you have an inhaler Chris?" I nodded again.
"With you?" I shook my head, the dizziness beginning to take over my vision.
"Look I need to go and get you your inhaler, can you sit against the sofa and not pass out while I do that?" I nodded and let him pick me up and gently place me on the floor on some cushions to save me from falling out a chair or off the sofa.
"I will be back in two minutes ok?" I wanted to tell him to be careful, not not strain himself too much, I wanted to not be having a panic attack, but they weren't really options. So instead I just watched him run out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the delayed update, I'll try to keep on top of the chapters from now on!!

Thank you to all 13 of you who have subscribed, it's not many i know but it makes me happy to know people are reading it, but if you could tell me what you think I'd be even happier :D cx