Status: I'm trying to update as often as possible! Let me know what you think?

New Kid

Chapter Nine

Adam's POV

I ran out of the building towards Chris' home. I knew I had to hurry, my injuries were more severe than I let on and with each step pain ripped through me, but I wouldn't let anything happen to Chris, not now, not after everything that had happened.

When I finally got to his building and began to climb up the stairs - the lift was of course broken - I felt the pain begin to cloud my thoughts, my leg started to buckle underneath me. I pushed myself up on the hand rail, forcing myself up the steps.
Upon entering Chris' apartment, I realised that I hadn't asked him where it was, not that he could have possibly told me. I searched everywhere for it and found one in the bathroom cabinet.

I struggled back to Chris as quickly as I could, if anything happened to him it would be all my fault. Although, in the back of my mind, I couldn't help but think that he didn't feel the same way I did. How could he?

Chris' POV

I was lying down when I eventually heard Adam burst back into the apartment.
It was harder to breathe down here, it was better sitting or standing, but I'd somehow slid off the back of the couch.
"Chris..!?" Adam's voice echoed strangely, his face came into view.
He dropped to the floor, leant against the back of the couch, knees up, and leant me back against him. He was warm, he felt nice.
"Chris come on...help me..." I didn't think I could summon the strength to move, but Adam sounded so desperate I fought to breathe and fumbled for the inhaler.
"That's it...come on breathe." Once I'd had a few puffs from my inhaler I started to feel much better.
"Thank...you..." I wheezed, Adam exhaled shakily and kissed my head.
"Are you okay?" I nodded, still rasping nastily.
"Jesus Chris....if I'd've known I'd get that reaction I never would've-"No...I...it wasn't bad...I'm..I'm happy...." I broke off in a coughing fit and he waited until I was breathing steadily again before pushing me upwards onto the couch. He tried to push himself up but his leg collapsed beneath him and he fell, grimacing and holding his leg.
"My god...Adam....are you..ok? That's my fault...let me take you...to the hospital..."
"No it'll be fine, just no more work outs like today and I'll be fine." He pushed himself up on his other leg and sat next to me.
"I...Adam I really..." He shushed me gently.
"Save it for a time when we're not both beat up and when you can actually talk." I smiled and leant against him, he lifted up an arm and pulled me closer.
"You smell...so good..." He laughed.
"Well thank you. Now, shall we relax and watch a movie?" I nodded, slowly getting up to put on a film and sat back down.
"What did you choose?" He asked quietly.
"Eat pray love." He looked horrified and I laughed, wheezing slightly.
"Jokes. James Bond." He nodded approvingly and we watched the film.

At some stage I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up, it was dark outside and Adam was asleep too.
I slowly sat up, making sure not to wake him, and padded out to the bathroom. It was seven o'clock and I sighed, we'd been asleep for most of the day. I was hungry but I didn't want to wake Adam so I went back to the couch and lied in the opposite side, facing him.
He slept for another hour so peacefully, he was adorable when he was asleep. When he woke up he looked straight at me.
"Hello."
"Hi."
"What time is it..?"
"It's eight o'clock now."
"At night?!?"
"Yeah."
"Oh dear, well never mind, you hungry?"
"So much. But listen you stay there cause your leg is obviously painful."
"Just order takeout."
"At this time of night?"
"Best thing about living in New York City..." I laughed and collected the take out menus.
After we ate, I wasn't wheezy anymore and Adam was starting to feel better too.
"Thanks Adam, for saving my life..." I said awkwardly, he laughed.
"Same to you. So.."
"I guess I'd better go but, this has been nice, ailments and pain aside." He smiled at me gently, I felt a warmth spread through me as I looked at him, I just liked him so much...
"Adam."
"Yeah?" His smile faded slightly, waiting for what I had to say.
"I...really like you too...." I blushed furiously, fiddling with the hem of my shirt. Adam sat up and leant over towards me. I felt his hands scoop round either side of my face, one going round to the back of my head, the other dropping to my waist as he leant in and planted a gentle kiss on my lips. He was about to pull back when I kissed him back, both his hands felt from my waist, to my hips as I pushed him back against the couch and got up on my knees.
He slowly ran his tongue across my lip and I opened my mouth, blushing when I accidentally moaned. We pulled apart and he rubbed the tops of my burning cheeks.
"You're so freakin cute..." I giggled and kissed him once more before getting up to leave.
"Are you ok getting about by yourself?"
"Yeah I'll be fine."
"Ok, well bye then, I'll see you tomorrow I guess."
"Yeah, bye Chris." We looked at each other for a moment before I left, missing him already.

I had a really buzzed feeling as I left his apartment block and headed towards mine, every inch of my body where he'd touched tingling. As I neared my apartment block though, I began to feel apprehensive, like there was someone watching me. The nearer I got, the more scared I felt. For some reason, I didn't think it a good idea to go home, in case someone were actually watching me. Instead I went to one of those 24-hour cafes and got a coffee, playing on my phone until the battery died, then reading the newspaper. The feeling of being watched never passed, and I got more and more scared, so when the next customer walked in to the cafe, I jumped out of my skin, however it was only an old woman.

I walked around for a while, still afraid to go back home. I couldn't go to anyone else, I just knew that this was serious, and I'd hate to put anyone else in danger.
It got to midnight and I went to a bar, sitting alone and buying a few drinks. As I was leaving I saw a car pull away, but it was a young couple in it. I went back home, giving up with staying out, and lied awake all night for fear of someone breaking in.

The next morning I called in sick to look after Adam and as I was going round to his place I felt like I was being watched again.
By the time I got up to his apartment I was scared again, so when he opened the door and I threw my arms around him, he instantly knew something was wrong.
"Chris what happened?"
"I...nothing...I just missed you..."
"Chris." He raised his eyebrows.
"It's nothing I think I'm going insane..." He laughed and leant against the door frame.
"Oh great, nothing for me to worry about then."
"You don't get it!! I...ever since I left last night I feel like I'm being watched." Aidan's faced dropped and he pulled me inside.
"What?"
"Remember those guys from yesterday?"
"How could I forget.."
"Yeah, they're keeping tabs on you. Now that they've seen you leave my apartment, they know something's going on with us."
"Who are those guys? Why do they want to get to you-" Adam cut me off when he started talking to someone on the phone.
"Adam-" I tried again after he'd finished and he left the room.
"Adam!!!" I made him stop and he turned to me sadly.
"What the hell is going on?!"
"It's nothing, but please stay here for a few more nights? Just so I know you're safe."
"It's not nothing." He sighed and smacked the wall angrily.
"Fine. It's...a long time ago back before I got high up in Regent, I got into some bad things, drugs, and I got those guys put away, they got out a few weeks back." I closed my eyes wearily.
"They'd do anything to get their revenge, but the second they try anything I'll have them put away again, ok?"
"No, not ok!!! Adam what the hell are you gonna do against those guys? Do you not remember last time?!"
"They caught me by surprise."
"And trust me when I say that while I helped you out last time I am usually more than useless when it comes to anything that requires even a little physical strength." He yanked me into a hug.
"I called Tom, my driver, he's got our backs too."
"Your driver?!"
"He's like a bodyguard too, he's trained in some sort of weird martial arts crap, he's good. And he knows a lot of people so if things get bad he can call in a few favours. I promise Chris, nothing is gonna happen to us." I nodded and he kissed me, making me forget my anger and fear.
"Don't try and kiss your way out of this, it may be working but it's not the answer." He laughed at me.
"Hey!!" He rolled his eyes when I gestured to what he was wearing.
"I hope you don't think you're going to work today."
"I am."
"No you're not!! Come on." He protested and left the apartment, luckily for me though, I got his driver Tom to agree with he and we bullied him into going back upstairs and changing clothes.
"Thanks for that." I said to him as Adam stomped off like an angry child.
"No problem, he's difficult, so has he told you?"
"Yeah I know everything." He nodded and patted my shoulder before leaving.
"I got your back. Don't worry just make him relax will you?" I nodded and went back into the apartment, waiting for Adam. He came out of his room and sat next to me on the couch, kissing me again.

"If you'd've told me that this is what I'd be staying home for, I would've gone gladly."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry again you guys for the slow updates, what do you think? Let me know in the comments section and please subscribe!! It's only the click of a button and it makes me so happy!!!! :D
<3 to everyone who's reading this and enjoying it :)