Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

ELEVEN

Tyler's POV

"Alice don't worry so much! My family is going to love you." I tell her and lift our three bags off the luggage claim and walk out to the curb where I see my dad and his truck. He pulls me into a hug and then hugs Alice.
"Alice this is my dad Paul. Dad this is Alice." I tell them and Alice is blushing like mad.
"It's so nice to finally meet you Alice. We have only heard wonderful things." My dad tells her and I shake my head with a smile. We get in the truck and she is kind of quiet. "So how was the flight?"
"It was good." I say with a shrug.
"Just good?" Alice laughs with a small laugh and my dad raises an eyebrow.
"What happened?" He asked and I roll my eyes but I'm still smiling.
"Let's just say we weren't alone in first class."
"Oh we won't alone at all!" Alice says with a laugh and even my dad lets out a small laugh. "This girl saw Tyler and almost lost her clothes! It was great. She got enough pictures to last a while if you ask me." Now my dad really laughed with my girlfriend and I just rolled my eyes.
"So she went Seguin crazy?" Dad ask and Alice nods.
"Yeah, I offered to let her take my seat but Tyler wouldn't let me."
"Oh that would have been good!" My dad compliments her idea and I love that they get along so easily. Now just for mom and my sisters. We get to the house quickly and the door flies open and mom pulls us inside and out of the cold.
"Alice! So glad to finally meet you!" She gushes over her. "Oh you are just beautiful! Good job Tyler!" My mom says and Alice turns red.
I hear loud footsteps coming down the stairs and I'm tackled by Candace and Cassidy.
"I missed you guys too." I tell them and they pull away. They then look to Alice who gives them a smile and Candace my 18 year old sister pulls her into a hug.
"You are practically part of the family now! Tyler doesn't date so that means you guys are gonna get married!" Candace says and pulls away so Cassidy my 14 year old sister can hug her next.
"Oh uhm… Thanks." Alice says and she is still blushing madly. I slip off my shoes and so does dad so she follows my lead and then I help her out of her jacket.
"You are just in time for dinner! Tyler show Alice to your room and then meet us in the dining room." My mom, Jackie tells me and I nod and grab our bags and Alice follows me up the stairs to my room.
"Oh my gosh! Your room is a shrine!" Alice says and laughs as she looks around at all the memorabilia on the walls. I put my hands on her waist and turn her around to look at me and I lean in to give her a kiss.
"I'm glad you're here. My family loves you, I can already tell."
"Yeah it seems like it. I like them too." She says and kisses my cheek.
"Candace is already in love with the idea of you being the big sister she always wanted." I tell her with a wink.
"I'll try not to let her down." She says and gives me a quick kiss before I take her hand in mine and start to lead her out of the room. "Wait!" She says and tares her hand from mine and I look at her in surprise as she runs to the third bag that holds the already wrapped Christmas presents. "Help me carry these down to the tree." She says and I can't help but smile as we carry all the perfectly wrapped gifts to the tree. She went all out and I told her she didn't have to but she insisted. If my family didn't already love, which I'm sure they did, they would love her after they opened her presents.
"Alice and Tyler brought presents!" Cassidy calls when she sees us.
"I knew I liked her." Candace says and shoots me a wink. Alice follows me into the dining room and we sit on one side of the table with Candace and Cassidy across from us and my dad on one end and mom on the other. We start serving our plates and eat our dinner while going along with a simple conversation.
"So Alice, do you like working for the Stars?" My mom ask and I glance at Alice who offers a smile and nods.
"Yes, I do like it. It's been a good opportunity but I've started to think about going back to school for Sports Management. I only have a semester left." She announces and I give her an encouraging smile. She mentioned it before and who was I to hold her back? She wanted to be in sports management and she only stopped because she thought she needed a break and now here she was. I knew it would be different with her back at school, she would be much busier with school and I would be busy with hockey… but it's possible. I would never give up on her, I know that now. After two months I am madly in love with the girl sitting next to me.
"Oh that would be good. What do you want to do with Sports Management?" My dad ask her.
"Well I already have a minor is business management and after I get my bachelors then I would really love to start working for the Stars as a Player Manager. That would make me in charge of the players alongside Jim Nill. I have always had a talent when it came to scouting players…"
"So you want to stay in hockey?" Candace asked and Alice nods.
"I couldn't imagine leaving it." She says and gives me a quick smile.
"So are you feeling better? I notice your eating a lot." My head snaps up as I look at Candace shocked.
"Pardon?" Alice asked a little confused and I shake my head at Candace but she doesn't notice. I see my mom and dad look worried as well.
"Well I mean, the whole weight loss thing." Candace says and my parents look at her shocked.
"Candace!" My mom says and gives her a glare.
I feel Alice's eyes on me and I turn to look at her and my heart breaks when I see her hurt face. She looks betrayed and embarrassed and I can see she is trying to hold back tears as her eyes become glossy.
"I'm sorry, I was just curious how you were doing. Tyler only talked to me because he was worried…" I look at Candace with a look telling her to be quiet.
"May I please be excused?" Alice ask just above a whisper and my mother nods.
"Of course deer." My mom says sweetly and Alice places her napkin on the table before standing and walking away.
"Tyler I am so sorry." Candace says and gives me an apologetic look and I know she didn't mean to upset Alice. Candace likes Alice and I knew she only cared.
"It's ok Candace…"
"Ty, is it ok if I go talk to her?" She ask and I nod and watch my sister leave the table and my mom places a hand over mine.
"It will be ok honey." She says and I nod.

Candace's POV

I walk up the stairs into Tyler's room where I see Alice sitting on the edge of the bed with her slender legs pulled up with her knees to her chest. I lightly knock on the door and she looks up at me and gives me a small smile. She really is beautiful and her and Tyler complimented each other so well in every aspect. I could definitely see her being a part of our family. I walk over to the bed and sit next to her.
"Alice I'm so sorry. I'm a blonde and I really don't think before I speak. Tyler didn't tell me to embarrass you. He told me because he loves you and he was so worried about you and I'm his sister and his best friend. I didn't mean to hurt you out there. My family loves you already because we can see how much you and Tyler love each other. Please forgive me. I already know you're going to be the big sister I never had." I tell her and she gives me a small smile and nods.
"You're forgiven Candace. No worries." I hug her tightly. "And I'm glad I get to have two wonderful little sister's that I always wanted." She says and we both laugh together.
"Welcome to the family Alice. It's only a matter of time now." I give my future sister a grin. A blind man could see the love these two shared. I was determined to make sure my brother didn't screw it up.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know what you think. This is the second chapter i uploaded today and i didn't get any comments on the first one today. I already have the next one in progress but i'm going to wait untill i get some feedback before i post it.

Her outfit: http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/11_zps616d0c2e.jpg