Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FOURTEEN

I didn't want to impose on anyone so when I landed in Pittsburgh I caught a cab to Evgeni's house. When Evgeni opened his door he first looked completely shocked but then a smile took over and he pulled me into the hug. Being 5'7" didn't help at all next to Ev. He is three inches taller than Tyler and it's a big difference.
"I thought you come in two days?" He ask me and I shrug.
"Change of plans, I needed to be here for my friend." I tell him, not exactly wanting to share the details of what really pushed me here two days early. We walk inside and out of the cold and he helps me out of my coat and I slip out of my boots, not wanting to make a mess and I hear him let out a laugh. "What's so funny Malkin?" I ask shooting him a smile and he shrugs.
"Small feet! So tiny!" He jokes and points to my feet and I give him a glare, we have gone over this before.
"Evgeni! My feet are not small! You're feet are just huge!" I say and he shuts up for a second to look at his feet and then mine and he shrugs.
"Your feet small. Want to eat?" He ask and I look at the clock on the stove as I follow him into his fancy kitchen.
"Evgeni, it's like eleven at night…"
"I no care. You hungry then we eat." He tells me and crosses his arms waiting for an answer while I pull myself up to sit on the black granite counter. "You no answer, I cook anyways." He starts to get something out of the fridge but I stop him when I push it shut with my foot.
"I'm not hungry Evgeni." I tell him and he nods and leans against the counter opposite of me. I take this opportunity to really look at my best friend. He 6'4" and all muscle but tonight his shoulders are slumped and he looks more than exhausted. "How are you Ev?" I ask gently and hold my hand out for him which he takes and I pull him over to me and hug him closely.
"I be fine soon." He says positively but I know that's not how he feels. He pulls away but still stands close and I give his hand a tight squeeze.
"Ok, the truth this time Evgeni."
"I tell you truth, you tell me truth why you come early." Dam my best friend knows me way to well!
"Deal." We shake hands.
"I feel crap! I give her everything! So much time and everything she always want. I waste two years of life for her. I not good enough? I not understand what I do wrong!" He goes off and throws his hands in the air and then runs a hand over his head.
"Do you wanna know what I think?" I ask him and he nods and leans against the counter again. "Well you know I have never liked her. But I told you that and then I left it alone because you loved her but… She was nowhere near good enough for you! She was a fucking gold digger and one day Evgeni you are going to find a girl who actually really cares about you! You are an amazing man, one of the best and you only deserve the best. And one day Evgeni, you are going to find her. And you are going to listen to my opinion of her because I am always right." I finish and my best friend has a smile on his handsome face again.
"From now, I always listen to you. You always right." He says with a nod and I get another hug.
"Come on Evgeni. Let's get to bed." I get another grin before he goes to his room and I head to the guest bedroom.

After getting dressed and ready for the day I head down to the kitchen to make breakfast for my favorite Russian. Evgeni walks in dressed with a huge smile on his face.
"You make best breakfast. If you not taken, I steal." He says and shoots me a wink as he digs into his pancakes and bacon.
"I don't know if I'm still taken.." I admit his fork drops from his hand as he looks at me in shock.
"No." He says shaking his head and I give a slight nod. "What happen?" He ask, now not touching his plate.
"I told him I was coming to see you the day we got back to Dallas and he didn't like the idea of me being here alone with you."
"He not trust you with me?" He ask a little agitated and I let off a nod.
"He.. He told me to chose." I say and he looks down and nods slightly.
"What you do?"
"Well, I told him that wasn't right. I told him how you supported us and wanted us to work out and he just stood there… I told him I was leaving and he didn't have anything to say. He didn't follow me or try to stop me and he hasn't called or texted or anything, so I don't know.." I say and then I feel the silent tears start to roll down my cheeks and Evgeni looks at me worried and upset as he pushes away from the counter and comes around it to hug me close.
"I so sorry Alice. I should not have called. But you are my best friend and I need you." He says and I shake my head.
"Evgeni it's not your fault. A person who loves you should never make you chose. They should trust you whole heartedly and I guess… I don't know Ev, maybe everything everyone has been saying about him is true. Maybe he fooled us both." I wipe a tear away but another falls and Evgeni wipes one away with his thumb.
"No Alice. I know Tyler loves you. Don't listen to anyone else. Tyler realize he wrong soon and he come running back." Evgeni tells me and I nod, Evgeni is write a lot of the time so, hopefully this time isn't any different. "Come on. I know what make you feel better!" He says and pulls me away from the kitchen. "Get your skates." He says with a smile and I grin, knowing exactly where this is going. I grab my skates and my purse and we head to the team's practice rink.

I smile when I see Sidney, Kris, and James. Evgeni and I get our skates on and grab a hockey stick as we get out onto the ice with the boys.
"Alice!" Kris yells in a happy way and skates over to give me a hug, followed by James and Sidney.
"I thought you weren't coming till tomorrow?" Sidney ask causing the guys to look at me.
"Change of plans." I say simply and they accept it easily.
"Wanna shoot some pucks Al?" James ask as he shoots a puck into the goal and that's when I notice Marc-Andre is here. I skate over and hug him before he can even pull his mask off.
"Oh both my favorite French men are here!" I say excited and Marc-Andre laughs.
"Yes! I am here! Glad to see you too!" Marc-Andre says and gives me another quick hug. "You shoot some puck, yeah?" He ask and I nod.
"I got to give you boys a run for your money." I joke and skate back to the middle of the rink I grab a puck with my stick and start skating quickly towards Marc-Andre in the net and shot into the top right corner of the net but Marc blocks it.
"Nice try! You'll never make it past me!" He jokes and then Sidney's shot gets blocked and Evgeni's makes it in the five whole and we all cheer except Marc-Andre. "Oh you bastards!" He yells and I can't help but laugh at the French man.
"So what's new Alice? You know if you ever get tired of Dallas, you're already loved in Pittsburgh." James tells me with a smile and I can't help but laugh.
"I don't know James, it might be a little too cold for me here."
"Are you kidding! You got to remember I was in Dallas, Al. You would love it here!" He shouts the last part and I can't help but laugh at him. James did come from Dallas and we were decently good friends. He is a funny guy and we have always gotten along very well.
I skate over to Evgeni who is standing by himself and I notice he looks a little upset, like he is thinking too much about something too sad.
"Evgeni?" I ask as I get close to him and he looks up and gives me a sad smile. "It's gonna be ok Ev. I promise." I tell him and he nods and gives me a hug.
"I know. I be good soon. I promise. You call Tyler?" He ask me and I shake my head.
"Do you think I should… I was kind of hoping he would call me but he hasn't." I say quietly and he nods.
"Call him." Evgeni says and I nod. "Now." He pushes and I gives him a smirk and nod again. I pull out my phone and go to favorites and click on Tyler's name. I listen to the ring and then I hear it. I slowly pull the phone from my ear and turn around as I hear Tyler's ringtone echo around the rink. His eyes are sad and he looks exhausted. I hit end on my phone and skate over to him but stop two feet away from the solid ground he is standing on, skateless.
"Hi." He says and I nod my head once.
"Hi." I say back and cross my arms. I strongly don't think I have anything to apologize for, so I don't think I need to be the first one to say something.
"How is Geno?" He ask looking over my shoulder. I glance behind me at Evgeni who is skating now with James and I shrug.
"He will be ok." I say, not wanting to talk about Evgeni at the moment.
"You're not gonna let me off that easy are you?" He ask me, putting his hands into his pockets and looks down at his feet for a second before meeting my eyes again.
"Tyler, I told you how I felt. You know how I feel so unless you have anything to say, then I don't know why you are here." I cut to the chase and he nods.
"I'm sorry Alice. I'm really sorry I tried to make you chose. I know now how stupid that was, hell I knew then how stupid it was." He starts but I just stare at him and wait for him to continue. "Alice I love you! I don't want to lose you! You are the first girl I have ever loved besides my family and I got blinded by jealousy. I'm so sorry Alice." He tells me and I nod.
"I forgive you Tyler. Of course I forgive you but I need to know that you trust me. Do you know what it feels like for the person you love to not trust you with your best friend?" I ask him and he shakes his head.
"I'll try harder Alice. I'm sorry! Please.. Please don't leave me." He pleads and I know I can't leave him. What we have is special, that much I know. Relationships take work and I was willing to work on this with him.
"I forgive you Tyler." I say and skate closer to him and off the ice to step into his waiting arms. "I'm not leaving you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I got a few comments on the last one! Thank you!!! Please let me know what you think!!!!!

Her outfit:
http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/14_zps7a00b488.jpg