Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FIFTEEN

"Alice?" I hear Tyler ask so I look away from the mirror and over to Tyler who is sitting on the bed, still in his boxers.
"Ty, don't you need to get ready for practice?" I ask and he nods but shrugs at the same time.
"Yeah, I have to leave in an hour."
"Well I have to leave in five minutes." I tell him and look back to the mirror to finish my makeup.
"Babe why do you wear that stuff? It's not like you need it." He says and I just roll my eyes. "Do you have to go?" He whines and I can't help but smile at him.
"Tyler, it's my first day of class. I need to go." I stand up and grab my purse.
"But I'm going to miss you!" He says and I smile at him. "Just stay with me…"
"Tyler, babe I have to go. I will come by practice when I'm done."
"What's your schedule like?"
"I have two classes back to back on Mondays and Wednesday in the morning and one class Tuesday and Thursday in the mornings."
"That’s all you have to do to get your degree?"
"Yup, by the grace of god I got registered right before the dead line so as long as I pass these classes then I'll be able to work next season and this off season."
"Well that will be good then. Just four months and you will be a working woman!" He says happily and grabs me around the waist and pulls me onto the bed with him and he starts tickling me making me laugh and then his lips meet mine.
I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer as I moan into the kiss and he smirks and then it hits me.
"Tyler! I have to get to class!" I yell and push him off of me and he just laughs and I shake my head. "Behave and get to practice on time. I love you." I kiss him quickly and walk out of the bed room.
"I love you Alice!" I hear him yell down the hall and I just smile at my loving boyfriend.

Oh my gosh, ok maybe coming back to school for this semester wasn't a good idea. Two classes down and I'm already over it.
"Excuse me! Miss!" I turn around and see a tall blonde haired guy, maybe my age. "Uhm, you left this on the desk." He tells me and I look at my phone in his hand shocked.
"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much." I tell him and take it from his large hand and I take him in. He is probably about 6'1", with blonde hair and blue eyes and has an athletic build. "I'm Alice." I tell him and shake his hand.
"I'm Jeffrey. Are you new here?" He ask but I shake my head.
"No, This is my last semester but I took last semester off to work." I tell him and we start walking together. "What about you?"
"Nah, I'm from New York and I came here to play on the University hockey team. This is my last year and then I'll go play Juniors until something else pops up." He says with a shrug and I nod. "What did you do before coming back?"
"I work for the Dallas Stars. Once I finish my degree I'll be working as a player manager with Jim Nill and I'll take over his spot of the scouting and recruiting."
"No way!" He says shocked and I nod. "How did you get that opportunity?"
"Uhm my family owns Northland Properties Corporation, which is a company in Canada that operates hotels and restaurants and my dad is the owner of the Dallas Stars and half owner of the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League."
"Wow! A hockey girl! You should come to one of our games!"
"I'd love to! As long as there isn't a home game the same night. I go to all the Stars games." I inform him and he nods.
"Of course, Well we have a game this Friday night…"
"Perfect! The guys leave Thursday morning for a road trip and come back Sunday."
"Perfect then! Here, get my number. I'm sure we will have homework we could work on together, and I have some friends you can sit with if you don't know anyone else here…"
"I have two girlfriends that will probably come but yeah, I have a feeling this class is going to have some major homework." We exchange numbers. "Well I will see you Wednesday Jeffrey."
"By Alice." He says and we go our own way.

I pull up to the practice arena knowing the guys are still there because Tyler hasn't texted me back yet. I walk into the rink and see the guys on the ice and coach Lindy making them do drills. I walk up to the open door and step on the ice and walk over to coach.
"Hey Alice. I'm about to send the boys back to the locker room." He tells me, giving me a nod. I start to walk to the box to sit on the wall but apparently Brenden wasn't paying attention as he flies down the ice at top speed and he looks over his shoulder for the puck to be passed to him and he rams into me, sending me flying to the ice. I hit the ice hard and Richard knocked the air out of my lungs and my head slams against the ice and I can't even scream out in pain because I'm grasping for air. Someone lifts my head up and pulls my upper body off the ice and into the lap. Finally I can get some air into my lungs it helps take the pain away.
"Alice! Alice! Are you ok?" It's Tyler who is holding me off the ice and I nod but it causes intense pain.
"My head." I say and the team doctor runs over and moves Tyler away from me.
"Let's get her off the ice." He says and Tyler and Brenden help me up and carry me over to the benches off the ice. "Alice how are you feeling?" The Doctor ask me.
"My head, it hurts and I'm seeing spots." I tell him and he looks worried.
"Ok. Coach I'm taking her to the hospital."
"The hospital?" Tyler ask worried and the Doctor nods.
"Go get changed boys. Practice is over." Lindy tells them and they head off.
"Babe, I'll meet you at the hospital." He kisses my head quickly and heads to the locker room.

"Is she ok?" I hear my dad ask as he runs into my room in the ER with my mom right on his heal.
"She is fine. We thought she might have a concussion but it turns out she is ok. Thankfully." The doctor tells him and both my parents let out a sigh of relief.
Tyler and Brenden and Cody run into the room and look frantic.
"Brenden! Maybe you should watch where you're skating and be aware of your…"
"Dad! It's not Brenden's fault!" I stick up for him.
"What did the doc say?" Tyler ask, taking the attention away from Brenden.
"I'm fine. I'll be fine, just sore." I admit and he pulls me into a hug.
"Oh thank god Alice. I was so scared when I saw you hit the ice." He pulls away to look me in the eyes. "I love you Alice."
"I love you Tyler."
"When can she leave?" Tyler ask the doctor.
"She should be fine to go now." He tells us with a nod and leaves the room.
"Alice I am so sorry.." Brenden starts.
"You bet your ass you are!" My dad buts in again.
"Dad! Stop." I look at Brenden and pull him into a hug. "It's ok Bren, it was accident. Now can someone please take me home. I have homework to start." Tyler lets out a small laugh at me and leads me to the car. This was a long day, and I am ready for it to be over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think!:)

Her outfit:
http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/15_zpse1193e6a.jpg