Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

TWENTY

Tyler's pov

Alice thought that I should spend the day with my family and she would meet up with us for dinner, so here I am in the living room with my parents and sisters just hanging out.
"So I wanted to tell you guys something." I tell my family and they all look at me confused.
"Oh my god! Did you propose?" My mom ask with a huge smile on her face.
"What? Mom no!" I run a hand over my face and laugh. "God mom I know you like Alice but it's a little soon for marriage, isn't it?" I joke and my parents shrug.
"Tyler as long as you love her, it's never too soon." My dad puts his thought into it and I can't help but laugh.
"Guys! I'm not proposing!" I tell them and they drop that thought. "I asked Alice to move in.. and she said yes." I tell them happily and my parents both smile at me and the girls look thrilled, they were always thrilled when it was something positive with Alice.
"Tyler that's great! I'm happy that you found someone like her." My dad says and my mom agrees.
"So when do you think you two will start talking about marriage?"
"Mom! I just turned 22. It will probably be awhile." I tell her shaking my head but smiling none the less. I love Alice more than anything and I know I want to spend the rest of my life with her but we have never talked about marriage. I mean I pretty much had to beg her to move in with me. I know she says she loves me, but I don't really know if she wants to spend the rest of her life with me… she loves me but what if she just loves me for right now? What if she doesn't have forever in mind?
"Tyler? Earth to Tyler!" My head snaps towards Candace's voice and I see her trying to get my attention.
"What's up?" I ask, causing my sister and best friend to laugh.
"What is running through that head of yours?" She ask and I glance over to my parents and see they are in a focused conversation. I look back to Candace and nod to the kitchen. I get up and head towards the kitchen, I hear Candace following me. We go through the kitchen and up the stairs and I sit on the middle stair and she sits next to me. "What's up Ty?" She ask, giving me a worried look.
"Well, ok this might sound stupid but hear me out ok?" I ask and she nods. I sigh and run a hand through my hair before continuing, "Ok look, I know Alice loves me, she tells me all the time and I know she does but, we have never talked about marriage. I mean aren't girls normally all weddings and rings when they are in love? Alice has never once mentioned a ring or anything wedding or baby related." I look to Candace for an answer as she seems to think it over.
"Well, You have been together four months now and I know Alice has a lot on her plate at the moment with school and her new career. Maybe she is just different than most girls? I know she wants to spend forever with you Tyler, everyone and anyone can see how in love you both are. If its on your mind then maybe you should drop some hints."
"Hints?" I ask confused and she nods with a shrug.
"Yeah Tyler, hints. Bring up something wedding related. Make a joke about how big her engagement ring will be or make a comment about how cute your kids will be or ask her how many she wants. And Tyler, pay attention to how she reacts to those things and what her answers are and that should reassure you enough." I sling an arm over her shoulder and pull her into a hug.
"Thanks Can, I'll try that." I give her a grin and she frowns. "What's wrong Candace?"
"Well, I might have said something last night to Alice and I think it upset her.. I didn't realize it would…"
"Candace what did you say?" I cut her off as I stand up.
"Well I told her about this blog that I saw online," As she says this I run a hand over my face knowing exactly where this is going, "and I think she took it wrong."
"Candace… What did you tell her the blog said?" I ask, really just wanting her to get to the point.
"It said that she was pregnant."
"You asked her if she was pregnant!" I yell and start walking down the stairs because at this point I can't stay still.
"I was just curious! I got over excited at the thought of being an aunt and I…"
"What did they base this off of?"
"A baby bump."
"Did you tell her that?" I ask and she nods, looking down at her hands. "Candace! You do realize that you told a girl, who is in remission from an eating disorder, that people think she has a baby bump, right?" I ask, getting completely pissed off now.
"Woah! What is going on in here?" My dad ask as him and mom and Cassidy walk into the entry way where me and Candace are standing.
"Mom! Candace told Alice about this blog where people think she has a god damn baby bump! That they think she is pregnant!" I tell him and my mom's eyes go wide.
"Oh Candace…" Mom sighs and shakes her head.
"Mom what do I do?" I ask her, needing her honesty at this point. "She just started getting better, I don't want this to set her off again."
"Tyler, all you can do is reassure her how beautiful she is. But whatever you do, don't tell her you think that she is backtracking. Just support her." My mom gives me a nod a reassuring hug.
"We should get going to the restaurant soon. Alice is suppose to meet us there in thirty minutes." My dad tells us.
"I'm gonna go change." I tell them before heading up the stairs and straight into the big walk in closet that was only half full. Soon I would be sharing everything with Alice and this closet will be more than half full of her stuff. When we decide to get married I want to build a house, but until then I think this house is perfect for us and Marshall. I can picture me and Alice in the future. Me coming home from a road trip and her being at our house with our baby or babies. I'm going to marry her. No matter what I have to do, I'm going to keep her safe and I'm going to make sure she knows how much I love her. Once I change into my dark jeans a black polo shirt, I head down to join my family and head to the restaurant where we were meeting Alice.

We get to the restaurant and get a table and not even three minutes later my amazingly beautiful girlfriend walks through the door. I stand up and walk over to her.
"You look beautiful." I tell her and give her a deep kiss.
"Thank you. How was your day with the family?" She ask as I start walking over to the table with her.
"It was good." I tell her and she nods, accepting my answer. We get to the table and I pull out her chair for her as she sits down.
"Alice! So glad to see you! What did you do today?" My mom ask her with a smile and Alice grins back.
"I went to Yoga with the girls, I did two hours of homework, had lunch with my parents and started packing." She tells us and my parents nod in approval. "Did you guys have a good family day?" She ask with a smile and we all nod.
"Yeah it was great." Cassidy says with a sense of sarcasm. "Or it was." She says and my mom shoots her a warning glare.
"Hi, I'm Sara and I'll be your waitress. Can I get you something to drink?" She ask and we go around the table ordering our drinks. The waitress shoots me a smile and a wink before walking away.
"Did she just wink at you?" Cassidy ask and once again my mom shoots her a glare and I roll my eyes.
"That's not really professional. How do you deal with that Alice?" Candace ask and looks to her side where Alice is sitting.
"You get use to it. You would hope that more women have class but that doesn’t seem to be the case." Alice comments and the waitress comes back with our drinks.
"Are you ready to order?" She ask looking at me again for a little too long. We go around the table and order and then it's Alice turn.
"I'll take the cob salad." She says and gives the waitress a nod. She smiles at me again and I look away as she leaves.
"Ok that's enough." Candace says. "Next time she comes back, If she pulls that shit again I'm saying something."
"Candace! No you are not." Mom says shaking her head.
"Candace, it's fine… Honestly. You have to learn to ignore it." Alice tells my sister.
"How? I mean he's my brother not my boyfriend and it makes me feel awful! How do you handle it?" She ask and I look at her confused… Did Alice really feel awful every time a girl flirted with me? I made her feel bad that often?
"Candace, I'm his girlfriend. There isn't really anything I can do about it, it's not like we are engaged or married. You know how you feel like you're on the outside looking in when she flirts with him?" Alice ask and Candace nods. "You eventually learn to just… close your eyes or look away. It's easier than looking in." Alice explains and Candace's eyes are sad as she feels bad for what Alice has to go through.
"Alice, I had no idea that's how you felt. You know I don't do…"
"Tyler. It's not your fault. You are the most handsome man I have ever seen. Those women can't control themselves around you." Alice says with a smile and kisses my cheek, the other three women at the table 'Awe' at Alice's words.
"Babe, thank you. But the thought of you feeling so awful… That's not ok with me. You deserve to feel like a million bucks. You're the only girl for me. You know that right?" I ask her and she nods with a small smile.
"And you're the only guy for me Tyler." She says and I blush and give her a quick kiss. I hear a fake cough and turn around as the waitress brings us our food. I grab Alice's hand and hold it tightly on top of the table. I smile at Alice the entire time and refuse to look away from her beautiful eyes, causing her to giggle. I was never going to let my girlfriend feel like she was on the outside looking in ever again. She is number one in my life and she deserves to feel like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think! I thought it was time for Tyler's POV. I really need some more feedback!