Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

TWENTYFOUR

"Are you glad the semester is almost over?" I hear Tyler ask as he shuts the fridge behind him and joins me on the couch as I finish up a paper I need to turn in.
"Yep. I have finals next week and then I'll have an actual career."
"Do you realize how much power is going to be in your hands?" He ask and I nod and shrug.
"Yup. But I'll do a good job. I know I will."
"I know you will to babe." He kisses my forehead and turns on the NHL Channel. It's been two months since I moved out and it took me a month to move back in. We have now been together for six and a half months and things were finally back to normal. Tyler was trying really hard to keep me happy. When on road trips he calls me constantly to let me know what is going on and I have finally gotten to the point where I can trust him again. I glance at the TV and they are going over what they think the playoffs will look like and the Stars are not in the lineup. We had a way better season but we won't be having a post season.
"Are you still doing dinner tonight?" I ask as I finish my homework and he grins at me.
"I sure hope so."
"Ok well I'm going to go get ready. Where are we going?" I ask as I get off the couch. I wanted to make sure I wasn't underdressed.
"The French Room." He says nonchalantly as if it's no big deal.
"The French Room? Tyler… what's the special occasion?"
"I just want to take you somewhere nice Alice." He gives me an innocent smile and I shrug.
"Ok well, I'll go get ready." I kiss him quickly over the back of the couch. Heading into the shower I can only imagine why we are going to such a nice restaurant. After my shower I curl my hair, do my makeup and get changed. Tyler walks out of the closet in dress shoes, black dress slacks and a black shirt with a red tie. I must say we look amazing together. He eyes me over and smiles in satisfaction.
"God Alice, you are beautiful." He tells me and gives me a quick kiss before leading me out the door and we head to the restaurant.

"Mr. Seguin this way." The hostess says and leads us through the fancy restaurant. I give Tyler a flirty smile as we take our seats at a table set for two.
"Can I advise you to try our Chardonnay?" The host ask and Tyler nods.
"Yes please." The host pours us two glasses.
"Your waiter will be right with you." He says and walks away and Tyler taste the whine and I follow suit.
"Oh it's good." I say and he nods in agreement. "Tyler, thank you for this… this place is amazing." I tell him and look around quickly before connecting my eyes with his.
"Only the best for you Alice." He kisses my hand and I blush as the waiter walks up to us and we order our overly expensive food.
"Are you ready for the summer?" I ask and he nods, "It's gonna be weird not seeing you every day."
"I will only be in Brampton for a month and I was still hoping that you would come and spend some time up there. The family really wants to see you again." He tells me and I act as though I'm thinking about it, even though I have already thought about it.
"Well I'm gonna be starting work right away but maybe I can have Jim postpone my start date by a week." He smiles widely at my idea and nods.
"I would love that." He says before we get out food. "I think you are going to do great babe. Everyone knows how much talent you have when it comes to scouting and player relations. I think you will do amazing." We make small talk until dinner is finished and they bring out a small desert that we eat. "Alice.. there is something I want to ask you." He says and I look at him confused because he looks nervous.
"What is it Tyler?" I ask but my breath gets caught in my chest as he gets out of his seat and kneels on the floor in front me and the entire dining room gets silent.
"Alice, You are the love of my life. I am so lucky to have you and I know that I will never be good enough but all I can do is try my best to make you happy. We have spent an amazing six months together and I don't want to go a day without you. Alice will you do me the honor and marry me?" A silent tear slips down my cheek as he opens the ring box and I gasp.
"Oh my god..." I whisper and he gives me a smile. "Yes! Yes Tyler! Oh my god yes!" He slips the ring on my finger and the dining room erupts is applause as he pulls me into his arm and hugs me close. I kiss him and glance down at the ring as we take our seats. "I love you Tyler. So much."
"I love you Alice. I can't wait to be your husband."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but i wanted to get this out there. The next one will be better, I promise! :)

I would love feedback!!!!
Also please read my new story 'I Am What I Am"

Her outfit:
http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/24_zpse77cffa8.jpg