Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

TWENTYFIVE

"You ready?" I ask as Tyler grabs his keys off the counter.
"I sure am. Just so you know, your parents already know. I asked your dad." He says and I can't help but smile and wrap my arms around his neck.
"You know how much I love you?" I ask and he nods.
"I love you too. Alice." I give him a kiss and grab my purse. "I don't think you're going to have to tell anyone, they are going to see that ring and know." He says with a confident smile. I think he loves the idea of me being his fiancé and everyone knowing that I am his, as if they didn't already.

"You ready?" He ask with a major smile as we walk to enter to the arena.
"Tyler wait!" I stop him and he looks at me panicked.
"Is everything ok? You're not backing out are you?" He ask and I shake my head with a small smile.
"We agreed on a long engagement right? I want to be clear on that before people start asking."
"Yes Alice. A nice long engagement." He gives me a quick kiss before the giant smile comes back to his face and he leads me into the arena and I walk with him into the locker room. The guys give me their normal hellos and go about their normal pregame routines. Tyler takes off his suit jacket and I sit in his stall as takes off his tie and shirt.
"You know Alice, Tyler is a really good looking guy! You better put a ring on it if you like it!" Erik jokes and I look at Tyler with a raised eye brow and he nods. I just hold my left hand up and I's not more than 3 seconds before I start hearing the gasp.
"Holy shit! It's huge!" Brenden yells in awe as he comes closer to look at it.
"Oh my god! Tyler proposed!" Cody yells shocked and I couldn't help but laugh as we are congratulated.
"You guys already set a date?" Jamie ask and we both shake our heads.
"We are going to have a long engagement." I announce and they seem to accept my answer. "Babe, I'm gonna head up to the box. Kick ass." I tell Tyler and give him a kiss before I leave the locker room.
"By Mrs. Seguin!" I hear them yell and I can't help but smile and send a wave over my shoulder. I head up to the box and I see Caroline and Rachel as well as my parents and a few of my father's friends.
"Congratulations!" Caroline yells as soon as she sees me and everyone then looks to me as I turn red from embarrassment. Caroline and Rachelle pull me into hugs and then my parents come over and my father hugs me tightly.
"Congratulations baby girl. I'm so happy for you." My father kisses my head and pulls away. "Let me see the ring." He says and I hold out my left hand as they all gather around and look at the overly large rock on my left finger.
"Oh! Tyler did good!" My mom approves as she steps back from analyzing it and looks me over. "You look good Alice. You look so happy and so healthy. I'm so happy for you." She pulls me into a hug and when she pulls away I see a tear slide down her cheek.
"Mom… Why are you crying?" I ask her worried and she shakes her head as she wipes the tear away.
"Oh honey! I'm just so happy for you! I'm so proud of you. You are about to graduate and start your career! And now you are engaged and you're going to be getting married!"
"Oh mom! It's going to be a very long engagement. Me and Tyler are madly in love but it's still going to be awhile before tying the knot. I promise." I reassure her and she nods understanding.
"Of course dear. That's what me and your father said but… we got married three months later." She winks at me and walks away. I shake my head at my overly happy mother and go to sit down with the girls. My life was moving fast. That much was obvious. Eight months ago I didn't even like Tyler Seguin. I thought he was an ignorant hockey player and now, well now he is the love of my life and we are engaged. I couldn't be happier but yet it doesn't stop the fact that my world is moving at a x2 pace. That is part of the reason I told Tyler I wanted a long engagement, I'm glad he decided it was good idea also. My ring is beautiful. I know he must have went to Caroline because it's the exact one I had picked out. Oh my god! I have to call Candace!
"Hey I'll be right back." I tell Caroline and Rachelle.
"Ok well, hurry up. The game is starting soon." Rachelle says as I walk out of the room. As soon as I'm at the hall I pull out my phone and call my future sister in law.
"Hey Alice." I hear Candace on the other line and she sounds like she is holding something back. My guess is that Tyler told her he was going to ask and we were a little too 'preoccupied' last night to call and let them know I said yes.
"I said yes." I say simply and I hear her squeal.
"O MY GOD! Mom! She said YES!" She yells and then I hear Jackie and Cassidy yell and I can't help my laugh! "Oh my god! Alice you are going to be my sister! I'm so excited!"
"As am I! I'm so happy I can't believe it. Oh I'm going to postpone my start date for work for a week later so I can come spend a week up there."
"Oh thank god! Tyler mentioned you weren't sure if you could come or not. I decided I when Tyler heads back to Dallas, I'll move down. He offered me a room at your place for a month until the dorms open up for move in." She explains and I couldn't be happier.
"I think that will be great Candace! I'm excited for you to be in Dallas! You are going to love being a college student."
"Yeah, that's what everyone keeps saying… Oh hold on mom wants to talk to you." Candace says before I hear shuffling over the phone and then Jackie's voice.
"Oh my gosh Alice! I can't tell you how happy we are than you are going to be joining the family. We love you like our own daughter. I hope you know that." She is probably the sweetest woman, besides my mom, ever. I hit the 'In Law' jackpot.
"Thank you Jackie! I'm so excited and blessed to be a part of your family."
"Oh Alice! Just call me mom! Send Candace a picture of the ring and please tell my son to call me. We love you honey."
"I love you all too. By Jackie." I hang up and snap a quick picture of my ring before sending it to Candace and going back into the box.
"Where did you go?" Rachelle ask looking me over as I sit down.
"Called Candace." I say simply and we stand for the national anthem and the puck drops and the game gets underway.
"Oh my word! Alice check your Twitter!" Caroline says looking at me shocked but amused.
"What happened?" I ask, now a little worried.
"Just look." She urges and I pull out my phone and get on my Twitter app.
"OH MY GOD!" I yell and cover my mouth as everyone in the box looks at me.
"Is everything ok Alice?" My mom ask and I just nod before looking back to my phone. Candace posted the picture of my ring and with it tagged Tyler and myself and a caption that read, "So happy for my brother @TylerSeguin and my future sister in law @AliceGaglardi." I can't believe this! I love her but really Candace! As the end of the period buzzard rings out my head falls into my hands.
"Fuck!" I say a little pissed off.
"Alice!" My dad warns and I look at him apologetically.
"Caroline what do I do?" I ask her and she shrugs.
"I don't think it's that big of a deal Alice. I mean it was bound to get out sooner or later. I think it's cuter that she posted it." She tells me and I start to calm down. She had a point. It didn't look that bad I guess. Now if the Stars can just win this game.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think! I seriously need some feedback!!!! i mean that. I won't be updating until i get a few comments.

Her outfit and the ring! : http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/25_zpsaec01517.jpg