Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

TWENTYSEVEN

I take my seat in the first class cabin next to Tyler and soon we are in the air.
"Hey Al?" He ask and looks at me with those gorgeous eyes of his.
"Yes Ty?" I smile back and give his hand a light squeeze.
"How do you know the Penguins so well? I mean, you and Geno are best friends… how did all that come to be?" He ask with a curious look on his face. When did Tyler become so thirsty for knowledge.
"Well it's been almost three years now…" I say as I start to think about it. "I met the guys at an NHL charity banquet and they truly live up to the rumors. The banquet was held in Las Vegas that year so the people who came from each team were put up in hotels. Of course I wasn't old enough to drink, or gamble, so I hung around the pool a lot that week. The Penguins were constantly pulling pranks and before I knew what happened, I was guilty by association. One guy, not a hockey player, wouldn't leave me alone, I guess he was drunk but that really isn't an excuse, he came after me and well, tried to attack me but Evgeni showed up and pretty much saved me. Evgeni and I, we just clicked. He is like the brother I never had and vise versa for him. We understand each other and I think he looks at me like someone he needs to take care of. We stayed in touch after that banquet and I actually started to see him whenever I could through college and two summers in a row I actually went to Russia with him for a little while. It was wonderful."
"Did you love it?" He ask with a genuine smile on his face and I nod.
"I really did. I would love to go again some time."
"Are you going to go this summer?" He ask and I shrug.
"I didn't think you would want me to.."
"Alice, Geno is like your brother. I would hate to kill a tradition." He tells me with a grin on his face.
"Really?" I ask surprised yet super excited.
"Yes. Really. Geno actually asked about it and we both talked to your dad and Jim, so if you want, Jim will give you the week off when the Penguins are done in playoffs." I can't contain myself. I throw my arms around Tyler and give him a kiss.
"Tyler you are seriously the best. I don't think you realize how much this means to me." He kisses me again and we both smile as we pull away.
"I just want you happy Al, whatever it takes."

Lucky for us, we were going to be in Brampton when Candace graduates at the end of the week and since I got Jackie's permission I took her car and drove down to the high school to bust Candace and Cassidy out earlier and they had no idea I was coming. I park the car and walk into the school and into the office.
"Hi, my name is Alice Gaglardi. I called earlier."
"Of course! Ms. Gaglardi. Just sign in and take this visitors pass. Candace is in room 117 and Cassidy is in room 204." The older lady tells me and after signing in I take the pass and head towards Candace's first. I find the class room and open the door quietly but it doesn't matter because as soon as Candace sees me she Squeals and jumps out of her seat and runs over to the door to hug me.
"I thought me, you and Cass could go have a girls day." I whisper and she laughs. I hear a few cat calls and I raise an eyebrow as I look at the senior boys.
"So glad you're here." We give a quick wave goodbye to the teacher after she grabs her bag and then we start heading towards Cassidy's classroom. "When did you guys get in?"
"This morning. I slept most the way. How have you been?"
"Great! Just ready to be out of here! Oh let me see the ring in the person!" She grabs my hand and I blush as she inspects how perfect it is. "My brother did good." She says with a nod and I agree. We both walk into Cassidy's class.
"Alice!" She says excitedly and also runs into my arms to give me a hug. Candace and Cassidy were like the sisters that god forgot to give me, so he gave them to Tyler and I found an amazing husband and family all in one. I truly am such a blessed girl.
"Grab your stuff girly." I tell her and she does as she is told. I sign them out of class and then we get in the car. "Ok I was thinking lunch and then a mani and Pedi. How does that sound?" I ask
"It sounds like perfection!" Cassidy says with a giant smile on her face. We make small talk as I drive to the restaurant and the girls fill me in on how school has been and what they have planned for their summer.

"So how has Tyler been?" Candace ask as we sit down to get our pedicures.
"Good. I think he is kind of bummed out about the playoffs but the Stars did amazing this year and I think after we make a few more changes to the lineup, we will be golden for next season." Tyler was bummed out. You don't just go from being on a championship team to be on the Stars and just be ok with it. But the Stars are building the team around him and I think he appreciates that he is finally getting some credit.
"Yeah but I think the fact that the love of his life is there, helps out quite a bit." Candace comments and sends me a wink. "So are you excited to get married? have you set a date yet?"
"Eh, maybe next summer… or the summer after that." I tell them and they look at me shocked.
"Alice! What are you talking about?" Candace shoots me a confused look.
"Well we can't get married during the season."
"Yeah but waiting two seasons to get married?" Cassidy ask, even she seemed confused.
"Yeah. Look you guys, we are going to have a long engagement. We love each other more than anything but there is still a lot of growing for us to do as a couple before we tie the knot." I let out a small laugh but they don’t seem to like my answer.
"Alice you can't wait two years to get married! We want you to be our sister now." I smile at Cassidy's sweet words.
"Yeah! I think you should do the wedding next summer! That gives you one whole year!"
"Yeah but not really because that means we have to start planning the wedding in like… September."
"It's perfect! You can have a late June wedding this next summer!" Candace says and Cassidy nods in agreement but I shake my head.
"Both of you stop!" I say with a laugh and shake my head. "Tyler and I both agreed to a long engagement… but… I will talk to him about it and see what he thinks. Maybe next summer wouldn't be that bad. Candace you and my two best friends will be on hard core planning duty because Tyler is going to be really busy."
"Yes!" Both sister cheer and I couldn't help but laugh. I know I said I wanted to wait two years but the more I start talking weddings… the more I want one. Is that such a bad thing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to those of you who commented or messaged me:) i appreciate it very much! Please let me know what you think.

Her outfit: http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/27_zps0f4bca6f.jpg