Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

THREE

"You're what?" I wince as my father's loud words fill the room.
"We are dating."
"Alice! I didn't give you the job to fall in love!"
"Dad! This doesn't change anything." I argue and he shakes his head, "Dad look at it this way… if anything I'm going to doing my job better." I say softly and he gives me a small smile and nods and pulls me into a hug.
"Just be extra careful alright? Oh and he is coming to dinner tonight, be there at six. First game of the season tomorrow, we don't want him out to late." He says and I nod and leave his office to go back down to practice. I hear a bunch of wolf whistles as I walk into the players bench. I give a small wave and earn an applause when Tyler skates over and gives me a light kiss.
"We have dinner at my parent's place tonight at 6." I tell him and he nods.
"Can't wait." I get one more kiss before he leaves going down the tunnel to the locker room to shower and change with the guys. I get quite a few high fives as the guys walk past me and then I look out on to the ice, I really need to go skating soon. I walk into the back through the tunnel and I see Jamie talking to Carie.
"Well look here! Alice, you look way to nice to be around all these stinky hockey players." Carie says and I blush at his words.
"Tyler and I have dinner at my parents house, plus I like to look to pretty." I say and stick out my tongue.
"Oh dinner at the rents house!" They tease as they head into the locker room.

"Tyler no!" I squeal as I run through the house in my high heels and he chases after me and Marshall chases Tyler. Our laughs and Marshall's barks fill the house and sense I obviously can't out run him in my five inch heals but I just laugh when I feel his arms go around my waist and he spins me around in circles, both of us still laughing. The laughing slowly fades as he turns me in his arms to face him and he kisses me. "What to do for three hours?" I ask him, slipping an arm around his neck.
"NHL 14?" He ask with the biggest grin on his face and I can't help but nod and laugh once more. He tugs on my hand gentle and leads me into the living room where the 70" TV is on the wall. He starts the Xbox and I sit on the couch, he comes over with the two controllers and I kick up my feet, waving them at him.
"Please take them off." I say with a small smile and he set the remotes down and takes my heels off for me and then leans in to give me a kiss we before we start playing the game.
"You would play yourself!" I tease and he nudges me.
"Better than freaking Malkin! Really Alice Malkin?" He says looking at me as I pick Geno to be my player.
"Tyler you would have over analyzed who ever I picked. Get over it!" I tell him with a laugh and then we take up two hours playing.

"Come on Ty, we got to go." I tell him ending the game and putting on my heels. "I'm gonna go fix my makeup." I tell him as I leave the room and he fallows me as I grab my purse.
"I'm gonna change." He says and gives me a quick kiss before going to his closet.
When I come out of the bathroom he is in dark jeans, shoes, and a black polo. "You look nice." I say and he smiles.
"Thanks. You're beautiful as always." He says and grabs my hand and leads me to the garage and we take his Range Rover. I give him the directions to my parents and in 15 minutes we are there. He rubs his hands together before taking mine as we walk up the front steps.
"Don't be nervous."
"I'm not nervous." He lies and gives me a small smile. I give him a quick kiss before opening the door.
"Mom! Dad!"
"In the kitchen deer!" My mother calls from the kitchen and I lead Tyler that way. I smile at my mom checking on the food and then comes over and gives me a hug and then hugs Tyler.
"Tyler, this is my mom Brittney. Mom.. Tyler."
"Oh honey! We are so glad you were able to make it tonight."
"Thank you for having me." He says politely and I smile at him.
"Mom, where is dad?" I ask and she shrugs.
"Probably in his office. Why don't you go get him. Tyler! You can help me!" She gushes and I just smirk before leaving the kitchen to dad's study.
"Dad.." He looks up from his computer.
"Hey Alice. I didn't hear you come in. I'm sorry." He stand up and gives me a hug.
"Come on dad, dinner is almost ready." I tell him and he fallows me into the kitchen and I laugh when I see mom trying to teach Tyler some cooking skills. "Mom.. it's useless. Trust me."
"Hey that's not true!" Tyler jokes back.
"Alice, why don't you and Tyler set the table." My mom shoots me a wink and I start to hand the plats to Tyler and I grab the silverware and he fallows me into the dining room.
"Your mom is nice." He says with a smile as we set the table.
"Yeah she likes you. Thinks you're the cutest one on the team to!" I joke and he smiles.
"She has good taste." He gives me a quick kiss before we walk back into the kitchen.
"Tyler do you want a beer?" My dad and Tyler shakes his head.
"No thank you sir. I'm driving." He said and my dad smiles at him and then me.
"Babe, you can drink, I'll drive." I tell him.
"You sure?" He ask and I nod.
"That settles it then." My dad says with a grin and hands Tyler a ShockTop. I help my mom carry the food into dining room and then we all take our seats.
"Dig in!" My mom says and all serve our plates and start eating.
"So Tyler, you ready for the game tomorrow?"
"Yes sir. I'm looking forward to my first game as a Star. Teams need to have chemistry sir and the only way to get chemistry is playing together." Tyler says and my dad nods with a smile and a full mouth.
the dinner conversation is light while the food is still full on our plates, but as the plates get cleaned up and mom brings out a cherry cheesecakes the conversation picks up again. I get a small bight on my fork and offer it to Tyler.
"You know you want to.." I tease and he smile and shakes his head with a small laugh.
"Alice I have a game tomorrow."
"Quick! One bite! They aren't looking." I whisper and he looks at my parents who are in the kitchen and he quickly takes the bite and we both laugh together and my parents walk in with smiles on their faces.
"What's so funny?" My dad ask.
"Oh nothing." I say and kiss Tyler cheek and he gives me a cheesy grin.
"Ok Tyler, I have to ask.. What are your intentions with my daughter?"
"Dad!" I groan
"It's ok Alice." Tyler says and sits up straighter, "Sir, Alice became my best friend, then I realized I couldn't just be her friend because I care deeply for her. This is serious to me and I plan on taking care of her."
"I'm putting my trust in you Tyler.. Don't ruin that." My dad says and shakes my father's hand.
"Thank you sir."
"Call me Tom."
"Thank you Tom."
I help my mother with dishes as the boys do something else in another room that I am not sure of.
"So this is pretty serious?" She ask me as she hands me a plate to dry.
"Well we just started dating, but yeah mom. I like him. A lot." I say and give her a smile and she smiles back at me.
"He is a good guy Alice. I can tell he cares about you. It's so nice too, to see you guys have an actually friendship."
"Thanks mom." I say and she gives me hug. "I really care about him."
"You ready to go Alice?"
"Yeah! Our new star player has a game tomorrow." My dad says and pats Tyler on the back.
"By dad. By mom." Thanks for dinner.
"It was nice seeing you both again." Tyler shakes my dad's hand and hugs my mom and then we leave. As I drive I glance at Tyler and he is already looking at me with a smile. He kisses my hand and I focus back on the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think! I'm getting a lot of comments and its making me want to write more! keep it up guys!:)

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/2612d73545efbf42bac6a6a1d8cfffa8_zps2528fe64.jpg