Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

THIRTY

It's been three days since I landed back in Dallas and I was already hard at work.
"Have you already watched the players videos?" Jim ask as he walks into my office.
"Yeah I caught up on them last night. I went over the ones for the prospect training camp and I also started looking over our draft choices."
"Great. We have a meeting this afternoon to talk about the prospects, so I'm glad you caught up on that. But before that we need to head to the practice rink. You need to see them in person and there is one player that I think has amazing potential and I would actually really like to see him on our roster."
"Well I can't wait to see him." I give him a smile and stand up from behind my desk. "Should we get going then?" I ask and he leads the way.

"Ok so who is it that you wanted me to look at?" I ask Jim as we walk out to the edge of the ice where there is a prospect training camp going on. He had a player in mind that he wanted to sign but now that I have the title, Head of Player Manager and Scouting, he can't make the decision without me. He could over ride me by going through a few other people, but Jim trust my knowledge and talent enough to respect my decision.
"Well there are a few but there is one that I really see potential in. He actually played for U of D." He explains and I raise an eyebrow. "Number 9. Jeffrey Kingly." I freeze. He has got to be kidding me right now! I though Jeffrey said he was going to Canada. I knew better than this though. He had talent. Actually he had major talent. The same talent that we needed to make this a top team.
"Yes. I know him."
"Oh great then. What do you think of him?"
"I think he has a lot of talent." I tell him honestly.
"Ok but Alice, what kind of talent?" He ask, wanting to get into the details.
"He has an amazing shot. He has the speed and the power behind him. I think he is good enough to be on the Texas Stars for sure, but I think he still has a lot to prove if he wants to make Dallas."
"Kingly!" Jim calls and Jeffrey skates over. He takes off his right glove and shakes Jim's hand before turning to me and he hesitates a second before shaking my hand. "Jeffrey this is our new Head of Player Management and Scouting, Alice Gaglardi." Jeffrey nods to me. "We think you have a lot of skill but we would like to see you do a few drills. Alice will time you and critique your skill at completing the drills."
"I'll meet you at the end of the rink." I tell him and he skates away after nodding.
"Good luck Alice."
"Think I'll need it?" I ask and he shakes his head with a smile.
"Not at all." He says before walking away. I sit on the bench and put my skates on and head onto the ice with my timer and clip board.
"You don't look dressed for the ice." Jeffrey comments with a smirk and I glare at him. The smirk disappears.
"I was supposed to be in the office today. Then Jim saw a guy he wanted me to approve. So please Jeffrey, make this worth my time." I tell him and he nods. "Sprints. Center rink to goal line. Ten." I call and blow the whistle. This was going to be a long day.

"Look, I just wanted to apologize about what happened at graduation." Jeffrey says as he walks up to me in the hall as I finish my notes on the clipboard, Jeffrey still in his hockey gear and skates, towering over me.
"Jeffrey you kissed me against my will and then tried to go after my boyfriend."
"If you're still made, why are you even giving me a chance?" He crosses his arms and looks at me confused.
"Jeffrey I'm giving you a chance because you have amazing talent and I'm not a crazy bitch. You made a mistake and I won't let it ruin your life but that doesn't make us friends either. Keep this on a professional level Jeffrey. I'm your boss and one word from me, you are off the ice." I tell him boldly before leaving him standing there like an idiot.
I wouldn't throw his career because of one mistake he made, but I really hope this doesn't bite me in the ass.

"How was work babe?" Tyler ask over Skype. I was curled up in our bed with Marshall by my side.
"It was good babe. Jim and I went by the practice rink to take a look at the prospect players and then we had a board meeting. It went good." I tell him with a smile as I take in his good looks. "How was your day?"
"Good. We played hockey at the rink."
"Oh of course you did." We both laugh. "Tyler I miss you." I admit and he gives me a sweet smile.
"I miss you too. How are you going to last the next two and a half week?" He joked and I give him a dirty look. "Kidding babe!"
"Is that Alice!?" I hear Candace yell and I see her jump on the couch next to Tyler and she shows up on the screen. "Hey Al! How was your first day? Any new hot hockey players you want to draft for me?" She ask and I can't help but laugh at her and the look on Tyler's face as he looks at her disgusted.
"Candace! No!" He tells her, shaking his head. "Really though babe, are there any really good prospects?"
I couldn't tell him, I didn't want him to worry over nothing and right now that’s exactly what this is, nothing.
"Uhm yeah, one or two for Dallas and two or three for Texas. We are more so looking forward to the drafts."
"Tyler I can't believe Alice is your boss now. I think that's pretty hot Alice." Candace winks and laughs before walking away.
"Thanks for rubbing it in sis!" He yells after her, shaking his head. "My sister is insane! Well beautiful I miss you already. I'll be home before you know it. I love you Alice."
"I love you Tyler." I blow him a kiss before hitting end.
♠ ♠ ♠
CHAPTER THIRTY!!!!! would really love some feedback! I think i deserve it sense i updated twice today!:)

Outfit: http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/30_zps25af4b37.jpg