Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

THIRTYONE

The office was busy. It's been two weeks sense I first saw Jeffrey on the ice at the practice rink and I still don't like him. But with all my hate set aside, today I was signing his one year contract for $600,000 and I have yet to tell Tyler. I promised myself I would tell him before he came back next week, I just needed to figure out how.
I look up as a knock on my office door pulls me out of my thought. Jim gives me a nod as I motion for him and Jeffrey to come in and they take a seat on the opposite side of the desk.
"Ok. I have been informed that your lawyer has already read over the contract." I look to him for confirmation and he nods. "Then I need you to sign here." He signs. "And here." He signs the document and then I sign where I am suppose to sign and I stand up, they follow suit. "Congratulations Jeffrey Kingly. You are officially a Dallas Star. The press announcement has already been scheduled for next Tuesday and until then you are expected to keep this on the very DL." I explain and he nods, shaking my hand.
"Thank you." Jeffrey says with a large grin on his face, who wouldn't be smiling? The guy just raked in $600,000 to play hockey for an NHL team.
"Why don't we go out to celebrate! The three of us." Jim suggest and I shake my head, trying to kindly refuse.
"I can't Jim. I have draft videos I needs to catch up on."
"Oh come on Alice! Tyler won't be back for another week so you still have time to catch up." Jeffrey's eyes seem to smile when Jim announces the extent of my fiancés' vacation.
"Alright… I guess it won't hurt." I grab my purse and follow the two men out into the lobby.
"We will meet at Frescos." Jim declares and I get my new car, which I still love, and head to the bar. I really don't understand why Jim has taken such a liking to Jeffrey. Sure the guy has talent but he is no Crosby or Ovechkin, so why the sudden need for celebrating?
I walk into the bar and sit at a table for three with Jim and Jeffrey.
"So Jeffrey what are you going to do now that you are a Star?" Jim ask, seeming interested, although I really couldn't care less what his plans were.
"Just start training harder than usual I guess. I already met with the training staff, they seem great."
"They are." I say and order a water while the guys order beer.
"So Alice, how are you liking your new position?" Jeffrey ask with a sly grin on his face and I knew that Jim wouldn't catch the depth of his question.
"I love it."
"I bet it's nice having all that power in your hands huh?" He ask, causing Jim to laugh and he suddenly looks at his phone that just went off with a text.
"Oh no… you both are going to have to excuse me. I need to get going. Drinks on me though." Jim says, throwing a fifty on the table and leaving is in an awkward silence.
"So, Tyler doesn't come home for another week huh?" He has a smirk on his face.
"Yup. But I'm pretty sure I proved that I could take of myself." I tell him sharply and he smiles and nods.
"You are kind of feisty. Not what I expected."
"I don't get it Jeffrey." I tell him honestly, "You were such a nice guy. Was it really all an act just to try and get me away from Tyler?"
"I always get what I want Alice." He says and takes a drink of the Coors in his glass. I get up from the table and secure my purse on my shoulder. "So how does Tyler feel about me being signed?" I don't answer. "Wow! You haven't even told him… I wonder how he is going to feel about that."
"Jeffrey, a little word for the wise. This is team is being based around Tyler and his skill, everyone knew that the day we traded him from Boston. So if Tyler isn't happy or new players aren't meshing with our star players… we get rid of them. And we do it quickly." I threaten before turning my back on the douche bag and walking out of the bar. I didn't have time for this and I had a dinner date with Rachelle and Caroline.
As soon as I sit down across from my two best friends I order a margarita.
"Hard day?" Caroline ask with a sympathetic look and I nod.
"I need to tell you guys something." I start and they look at me worried.
"You're not pregnant are you?" Rachelle asked and shake my head no.
"Rach, I just ordered a margarita!"
"Oh yeah…"
"No, the Dallas stars just signed Jeffrey Kingly for a one year contract worth $600,000." Their eyes go wide.
"Is this THE Jeffrey Kingly?"
"The one from the University?"
"The one and only." I say and take a long drink of my new margarita.
"Why would you sign him? Don’t you have control over that now?"
"Well yeah, but I couldn't tell him no just because that. Especially with Jim riding my ass about how good he is!" I explain and they nod.
"Well what did Tyler say about his new team mate?"
"He doesn't know yet." I tell them and they both shake their heads.
"As much as I love you Al, I don't know what you're thinking. Tyler is going to find out soon and he should find out from you. Not the press." Caroline argues and I cower in my seat.
"I know I know! I'll tell him tomorrow. I promise!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I need some feedback

Outfit: http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/31_zps797ff390.jpg