Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

THIRTYTWO

Tyler's pov

"I think it's cute." Candace says from the driver's seat of her car.
"Ya? I don't know, I just miss her and I want to get back." I tell my sister and she nods, clearly understanding why I needed to go back to Dallas a week early. "And before you know it, you'll be there!" I tell her and catch her wide grin.
"I can't wait. I'm so excited to get out of this town."
"Oh it isn't that bad here."
"It's not that it's bad. I'm just saying, I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life."
"A soon you will. Trust me, or Alice in this case, she said to enjoy your summer before college as much as you can because soon you are going to be so busy."
"She also told me that I would still have time to have fun." She sticks her tongue out at me causing me to roll my eyes. "You two really are perfect together." I look at her and nod.
"Yeah, that's why I asked her to marry me." I joke.
"Tyler! I'm trying to have a serious conversation." She whines and gives me a quick glare.
"Ok ok! I'm sorry, please continue." I give her a small smile.
"As I was saying," another glare gets shot my way, "I can tell how much you two love each other and I'm so excited for her to be a part of this family. I really can't wait to be an aunt."
"Candace, we are not even talking about starting a family. Slow your roll sis."
"Ok but when you do, I'll be there and I'm going to be the best aunt ever. How many kids do you guys want?" She ask overly excited.
"Candace! I just said we haven't even talked about." I can't help but laugh. "Ok change the subject. Absolutely no baby talk." Candace and I hadn't talked about kids. I mean both knew we wanted them but at this point there was really no reason to talk about it. It is nowhere in the near future.
"Why not? I mean aren't you guys having sex?"
"So? Your point?"
"My point is Alice could get pregnant at any time. What would you do if she did?"
"What do you mean, what would I do?"
"I mean what would you do Tyler?"
"I would keep playing hockey. Earn money and be a bread earner. It's not like Alice really has to work."
"Oh yeah, I read about that online. Can you believe it. A trust fund worth 5 Bill. It's insane." Candace says and my head shoots in her direction.
"What?" I ask a little confused and she look at me like I'm an idiot.
"What?"
"How much did you say her trust was worth?"
"Five billion. Her parents are on the top 50 most richest people list ya know… Wait she didn't tell you?" She ask a little worried and I shake my head.
"I had no idea it was that much." I admit. Five billion dollars… yet she was still working. At least she has some drive I guess but I can't believe she didn't tell me it was this much. I guess that it shouldn't matter though but to me it did. I was supposed to be able to provide for my wife and while I still can, it just makes make me feel a little strange that she is worth so much money. "Well shit. If that kind of crap is online then we need to get her like a body guard or something." Candace rolls her eyes at me.
"Tyler you and I both know that Alice would not be ok with that."
"I don't care. She is unrealistic if she thinks she can just walk around and be safe while the whole world knows how much she is worth." I didn't want to get a phone call one day that my fiancé is being held for ransom. I'm not ok with the idea of her being in danger.
"Tyler! You are being unrealistic! Seriously… Plus we are here." She pulls the car over to the curb and comes around to my side to give me hug after I get my bag out of the trunk. "I love you Tyler. I will see you very soon."
"I love you too Candace. Behave yourself." I wink and then head into the airport. I have a plane to Dallas to catch and a fiancé to surprise at work.

Thankfully Lane showed up to pick me up from the baggage claim like I had asked and now we are on our way to the arena were some of the new players were practicing with the guys that were already back or never left.
"You miss her that much?" Lane jokes and I nod before shutting his car door behind me and walking in. I see coach Lindy so I walk over to him talking to two players I don't know.
"Hey coach, you seen Alice around?" I ask after shaking his hand and he nods.
"Yeah I think she is up in her office. Hey, check out the new guys on the ice." He suggest and I nod. I walk up to the rink level through the tunnel and stand in the team box as some of the guys practice and Cody skates over.
"Hey man. How was your trip?"
"It was good. How are the new guys?"
"Good. Only one of them so far is staying with Dallas, the others are most likely heading to Austen."
"Who got signed?" I asked a little curious. If Alice signed him he must have been good. I wonder why she didn't tell me about it.
"Over there, number 17 Jeffrey Kingly."
"Excuse me?" I ask, hoping to god that he mixed up the name.
"Yeah I guess he played for U of D." Cody shrugs it off as if it's no big deal. He didn't know what happened at the graduation. No one did. But I am not ok with the fact that Alice signed this guy and didn't even tell me. What the fuck was she thinking? Jeffrey sees me and skates over.
"How was your vacation Seguin? Alice told me she wasn't expecting you until next week. I guess that changes my plans." He smirks and I see red.
"Who the fuck do you think you are?"
"You're new teammate thanks to your lovely girlfriend." He smiles and I lose it. I step through the open door and let my fist connect with his face. He drops his gloves and before I know it we are falling on the ice while still throwing punches. I feel a few hit my face but it doesn't matter because every time my fist connected with him, I felt a tiny bit better. I don't even hear the shouting until we are pulled away from each other.
"What the hell is going on!" It's Alice. I wanted nothing to do with her right now. I don't even think I could look at her right now.
"I don't know Alice! Why don't you tell me?"
"What is the issue up here?" I see Coach Lindy and Jim are here now too.
"Tyler, that has nothing to do with this…"
"Yes it does Alice!" Pretty much the whole team we gathered around now. "Why would you sign him?"
"Because he has talent Tyler!"
"I'm sorry but I cannot be on the same team as a guy who tried to molest my girlfriend!" I yell and her eyes go wide as the guys around us gasp in shock. Jim grabs Jeffrey by the jersey.
"Is this true?" Jim demands an answer.
"I didn't molest her! It was just a fucking kiss!" He yells at me and I shake my head.
"I can't believe you didn't tell me Alice. I deserved to know." I push past her back out the tunnel. Unbelievable. Honestly? Did she expect me to accept him with open arms?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well i know a lot of people said that he should get pulled up into the NHL and you guys wanted to know how Tyler would react. I did both those things so please leave your thoughts:)