Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

THIRTYTHREE

I get to the house and Tyler isn't home so I have an idea of where he is. I pick up the phone and call Lane.
"Hey Alice."
"Lane is he there?" I ask and I hear him sigh.
"Yeah he is. But Alice I think he just wants to be alone right now."
"Don't tell him I'm coming. Ok?"
"Ok. See you tomorrow." He says and I'm pretty sure it's because Tyler was sitting in the same room with him. I get back on the road and head over to Lane's condo which wasn't too far away. Luckily I had helped him pick it out so I knew exactly which one it was. I knock on the door gently and Lane answers. He gives me a quick hug before moving out of the way and letting me inside. "Living room." He whispers and I nod and head that way, he doesn't follow me. Tyler doesn't look away from the TV at first, which is on some stupid movie channel.
"Hey." I whisper and he turns his head and when he sees me he closes his eyes tightly before looking back to the TV and not saying a word. I set my purse on the chair before moving and sitting down next to him. "Tyler will you just listen to me, please?" I ask but he completely ignores me. "Look, Jim came into my office so thrilled because he found a player that he thought we just had to have and he wanted me to approve it. We went down to the rink and he pointed Jeffrey out. I tested him and charted his times and to be honest Tyler, Jeffrey is a really good player and I think, if he can get along with the team, then we will probably benefit from having him. I stalled as much as I could but at the end of the two weeks I couldn't deny Jim what he wanted because, well, I really didn't have a logical reason to. I can't let personal matters get in the way with the team. So I signed the one year contract. I didn't tell you because I was afraid of what you would do. I know I should of told you but I made that mistake and I am deeply sorry for it. I wish I could go back and fix it but I can't. I'm so sorry Tyler." He doesn't do anything. He doesn't look away from the TV and he doesn't even acknowledge that just spoke. I shake my head and stand up. "You know what Tyler? Grow up."
I walk away but stop when he stands up. "Grow up? You want me to grow up? I'm fucking hurt Alice! I come home a week early because I miss you and I find out you hired the guy that kissed you! The guy that is a complete fucking douche bag and you didn't even have the decency to tell me! You had two weeks Alice! Two entire weeks to tell me he was here but you didn't! Every time we talked you could have told me but you didn't!" He yells but I refuse to cower.
"Tyler! I am sorry! I didn't know how to tell you!"
"No you didn't! You let me find out in front of a bunch of strangers! How the hell am I suppose to marry you if you can't even tell me that kind of shit!? how do I know you aren't lying about something else!?" I look at him on the verge of tears and he runs a hand over his head.
"I don't know Tyler! It's not like I went to another state and cheated on you! Yet I still find a way to give you the benefit of the doubt! Why don't you figure it out and let me know!" I slip the ring off my finger and set it down a little harshly on the coffee table. "Go stay at the house and take care of Marshall. I'm leaving." I grab my bag and storm past Lane who looks completely shocked. This was ridiculous! I understand that I made a mistake but really? Doubting our engagement seemed a little extreme. Especially sense I'm not the one who even cheated. I have never given him a reason to act like this.
After packing up some stuff from our house I head to parents and walk right in.
"Honey I wasn't expecting you! It's so good to see you!" Mom hugs me and then realizes I have an overnight bag and a frown replaces her smile. "Is everything ok dear? Did you guys get in a fight?"
"No mom everything is good. I just wanted to come spend some time with you."
"Where is your ring?"
Wow, everyone I love is now assuming I'm a giant liar, "It's getting cleaned mom. Everything is fine." I give her my best smile and she accepts it.
"Alright dear well why don't you come help me in the kitchen. I was just about to start dinner."
"Sounds perfect mom." I think I needed to spend some time with my family. Maybe refocus myself a little. Tyler and I hardly ever fight but when we do, we fight hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
They hardly fight but when they do... they do it hard.

Don't hate me!!! please let me know what you think. I know where chp.34 is going but it could change it i get some feed back:)