Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

THIRTYSEVEN

Tyler's POV

The last 24 hours completely blur together in an awful collage of terrifying images running through my head. I couldn’t let myself think because if I did I only thought of what was happening with Alice and I only thought the worst. When I got the phone call from Geno he had been crying and he was really choked up. He said that she had been hit by a car while riding a bike and she was unconscious and was being taken into surgery. I remember the phone falling from my hand and rushing to pack a suit case, which really wasn't that packed. I had thrown in clothes and a tooth brush before speeding to the airport. Candace was getting in today so I left a key under the third pot on the right side of the front door, It was Alice's favorite hiding spot, and called her to let her know what was going on. I really didn't have time to feel anything until I was sitting alone in my seat in first class and then it all hit me like a wave of emotion. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't imagine losing her before I even had her. The only thing I knew was how lost I would be if she wasn't ok. I needed Alice the same way Ice Hockey needs frozen water. She is a part of who I am, she is what makes me whole.

I run off the plane, bag in hand, and grab the first cab I see and head to the hospital. I get to the counter but trying to communicate with these people was useless.
"Alice Gaglardi! I am her fiancé…"
"Tyler Seguin?" I turn around and see a tall Russian who kind of looks like Geno, "I'm Denis, Evgeni's brother. Come with me." He motions for me to follow him and I do. We go up to the third floor and I follow him to room 317. I look in through the window on the door and I see Alice sitting in the bed and saying something to Evgeni with a lost look on her face. The left side of her face is scratched up and bruised and she looks exhausted. She looks over to me and there is no love or recognition on her face just confusion and then she says something to Geno who nods to her and touches her hand gently before walking over to the door. He steps into the hall and shuts the door behind him.
"How is she Evgeni? Is she ok?" I ask and he sighs and runs his hand over his head.
"She not same Tyler."
"What do you mean, not the same?" I start to panic, "What is wrong with her?"
"She not remember."
"Remember what? The accident? Isn't it normal to not remember a tragic accident?"
"No… she not remember anything from last year…" His words hit like a hammer and I don't believe him. I can't. This couldn't happen to me, to us.
"You're lying."
"No. I'm not. Last thing she remember is her birthday, September 23. We were in Pittsburgh." I paced back and forth with my hands on my head. I wouldn't believe this until I had proof.
"I want to see her." I say and he nods gently to me and looks back in through the window.
"Don't confuse her more… please be careful." He pleads with sad eyes and I nod. He opens the door and I see his mom and dad stand up and they leave the room. "Her parents on way." He answers my unasked question and I nod, walking over to the side of her bed. She gives me a nervous look and I can tell she is about to cry. Evgeni instantly goes over to the other side of the table and holds her hand.
"Look, I'm really confused right now and I don't exactly understand why you are here." She tells me and I'm pretty sure the hurt is clear in my eyes. "I mean, I know who you are, obviously."
"You do?" I ask with a hopeful smile on my face and she nods.
"Yes. You are Tyler Seguin, number 19 for the Boston Bruins. But I don't understand why you are here. We don't really know each other."
"I'm your fiancé, we have been together for 9 months. We live together back in Dallas." I tell her and she starts shaking her head and silent tears falls from her eyes and Geno sends me a death glare, obviously thinking I overstepped the boundary.
"No! You live in Boston. I wouldn't date you let alone marry you! You are the biggest player in that town. I don't understand why I feel like this! I look at you and I feel like I should feel something different but I just… I don't. I can't." She says and Evgeni comforts her and it pains me to see her so comfortable in another man's arms.
"Evgeni where is her ring! Show her the ring! It has to spark some kind of memory." Evgeni sighs but does as I say and opens a bag and pulls the large ring out and hangs it to her. She holds it delicately between the tips of her fingers and she looks so lost before handing it back to me.
"It's beautiful." I don't take it from her.
"It's yours…" I say and but she doesn't lower her hand.
"Please… take it Tyler. I don't remember… You shouldn't love someone who.. who can't even remember…" I take the ring as she burst into tears and I go to hold her but she folds so easily into Evgeni's open arms and I walk out of the room, tears openly flowing down my face. Tom stops me as he walks up with Brittney.
"What's wrong Tyler?" He ask worried and I shake my head.
"She doesn't remember me! She doesn't remember anything from the last year!" I yell through tears and start to sob as Brittney pulls me into a much needed motherly hug. I don't know what I'm going to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I NEED FEEDBACK if you want updates:)