Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

THIRTYEIGHT

I was so confused and I felt so lost as I looked up and down the street we were parked on. My mom and dad brought me to this beautiful large house and insisted that I lived here. They told me to look around and it might help me remember things but so far I was still drawing a blank.
"Come on honey, come inside." My mom holds her hand out for me and I take it, comforted by something familiar. She walks up to the door with dad by her side. She knocks and I hear a dog bark and then the lock turns and the door is pulled open.
"Hey, come on in." Tyler says and steps back, opening the door wider, and we walk into the entry way and I look around. I am a little surprised when a brown lab jumps on me, trying to lick my face. "Marshall down!" Tyler grabs the dog by the leash and the dog lays down by my feet but looks up at me with sad eyes and whines.
"Marshall?" I question and Tyler nods with a small look of hope on his face. "Is he your dog?" I ask and Tyler frowns.
"He started out as my dog but you became his favorite right around when you moved in." He tells me and I nod. Excepting his answer even though I have no recognition of the animal. But I trusted my parents and my parents told me that I was in love with man and that this was my house and my fiancé, so it must be true.
"Alice why don't you show us your room?" My mom ask me and I nod, not really knowing where I'm going but my feet seem to move.

Tyler's POV

It's been a week since the accident and there has been barely any improvement. The doctors told us to ask her to show us things that would know, if she had not suffered amnesia, and that when we asked her to do this she should just subconsciously know. They said that if she remembered things of habit, like where she puts her keys or where her room is, then that means she is making progress and it's the first step to full recovery. They also said it could take something as simple as one object or one word or one gesture that was so special to her to bring it all back. We follow her up the stairs and I see her look at the closed doors, I did this on purpose, and she walks straight to our bedroom door and opens it. She looks around the room as she walks in and her fingers gently touch the made bed. She looks at me.
"You don't make the bed." She says and my heart aches as I nod. "I know I make this bed every morning." Brittney gives my hand a squeeze as Alice walks to the closet and opens the door, looking inside. "Mom, dad, can you guys give us a minute?" She ask them and they nod and leave us alone in the room. She grabs my pillow and holds it close to her as she breaths in a smile comes to her face. "This smell…"
"You bought that cologne for me. You said you liked it because it was unique and it didn't smell like anything else." I tell her and she nods. I notice her slender fingers and her left thumb keeps moving under her middle and index finger and rubs her ring finger, she always had a bad habit of twirling her ring. "You do that with your fingers because you have a habit of twirling your rings." I tell her and she looks up at me with said eyes.
"Can I… can I see it?" She ask and I nod.
"Of course." I go over to her jewelry box and pull it out. I gently grab her left hand and slip the finger on. She twirls it around her finger and a smile come to her lips.
"I felt like something was missing before." She admits, "It feels right now." She smiles at me and I nod.
"You never take it off except to shower and sleep, and you only do that because your mom told you to."
She walks over to me, "You really do love me, don't you?"
"More than anything Alice. God I just wish you could remember…" I get frustrated so I slip my hand behind her neck and pull her into me until our lips meet and I kiss her. I kiss her like it's the last time I will ever get to kiss her. Her hands pull me closer and I back her up until she falls onto the bed and she pulls me on top of her. "Please Alice…" I whisper as I pull her into a hug and she hugs me back and starts crying. I pull away and look down at her worried. "No… no Alice what's wrong why are you crying?" I ask her and she continues to cry but answers.
"I felt so lost. I felt so alone and so lost and I couldn't figure out why. Tyler I love you. I love you so much. Please don't let me go." Her words make me break into tears and I pull her close to me as we hold on to the only thing we truly need, each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
please leave your thoughts:)))