Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FORTYONE

"Wait… are you sure about this Candace?" I ask her over the phone after she informed me she wanted to bring a guy home to have dinner with Tyler and I. We have a weekly dinner with Candace to make sure we see her at least once a week.

"Yes Alice I'm sure! He is a great guy and he is a sophomore on the hockey team."
"Of course he is…" I mumble and take a deep breath. "Alright well you better be there by 6:30."
"Yes! Thank you Alice! I love you see then!"
"Love you too Can." I say before hanging up and shaking my head. I really didn't know how dinner was going to go over but it should be entertaining. I pick up my cell phone which is sitting on my desk in my office and call Tyler. "Hey babe, what are you doing?" I ask him with a smile on my face.
"I'm currently at the grocery store picking up the things you had on the list." He tells me and I can't help but smile wider.
"Awe thank you Tyler. I appreciate it." He was really good about helping out around the house. We make a really good team together.
"Of course babe. What are you doing?"
"I just got off the phone with Candace…"
"She didn't cancel did she?" He ask in an upset tone.
"No, she invited a guy to come with her and meet us." Silence… "Tyler?"
"Yeah I'm here. Did she say who it was?"
"No. Besides the fact that he is a sophomore and on the hockey team."
"Oh good lord." I hear him sigh and I can't help but smile to myself. "Alright well… I'm taking it you said yes?"
"Of course I said yes. We aren’t her parents. She doesn't need to feel like we are controlling her Ty."
"I know. I know… Are you excited for your birthday next week?" I can tell he is smiling.
"I guess… You're probably not even going to be here… Lindy is kicking your asses in training." I tell him with a laugh. My birthday is September 23rd and the Stars first game was October 3rd so Tyler and I have both been extremely busy.
"Alice don't doubt me please."
"Ok I'm sorry." Jeffrey walks into my office. "Tyler I got to go. I need to finish some of these trade offers by the end of the day."
"Alright babe. See you at home."
"Oh Ty! Get some of the peanut butter crunch ice cream please?"
"Of course." He says and I smile. "I love you Alice."
"I love you." Then I hang up the phone and look up at Jeffrey. "I really do have trade offers to finish so what do you need?" I ask him and he walks in and sits, uninvited, in of the chairs on the other side of my desk.
"So I heard Candace is dating Blake." He says with a smirk.
"Blake?"
"Sophomore on the hockey team? Ring a bell?" He ask and I roll my eyes.
"So what? No one in the NHL likes you so you still hang out with your college team?" I bite back at him and he leans forward.
"When I out point your little boy toy this season, they are going to like me a lot more."
"You're never going to grow up are you?"
"Eh," He shrugs, "I'm perfectly happy the way I am actually."
"Of course you are. Anything else you need? No? good. Get out." I tell him with an icy glare and he stands up.
"Good talking to you Al." he shuts the door behind him and I hit my head on the desk. I fucking hate this guy.

"Tyler?"
"Yes love?" He wraps his arms around my waist as I stir the pasta sauce on the stove.
"I wish we didn't have to wait till July 13th." I whine and he kisses my neck.
"I know, me too. But you didn't want to elope and you deserve to have your dream wedding." He tells me and I turn my head to give him a simple kiss but he opens his mouth to deepen it and I can't deny him. My arms go around his neck and my legs around his waist as he picks me up and places me on the counter. I moan into the kiss and he grinds in between my legs causing me to groan and bite on his lip, I give it a light tug and he moans. He lifts me up and moves me to the island, kissing me forcefully as we fight for dominance.
"Alice! Tyler!" We jump apart and I hop off the counter and fix my shorts and tank top. Tyler is smiling like he just won the lottery as he ducks in for one more quick kiss before walking out of the kitchen and I quickly follow him to great Candace and her guest. "Hey!" She hugs us both. "This is Blake. Blake this is my brother Tyler and his fiancé Alice." We shake his hand and I see Tyler eyeing him with that big brother look he gets.
"Dinner is just about to be ready. Candace why don't you help me in the kitchen. Tyler take Blake to the dining room." I instruct and Tyler kisses my head before leading Blake away and Candace follows me. When we are alone I say. "He is cute."
"Yeah he is huh?"
"I don't want to be the Deborah downer, but I am talking from experience here, make sure school is your first priority, not boys." I tell her and she nods.
"I know. I know. I promise but he is so sweet."
"Candace they all start out sweet and then they turn into ass'." I tell her and we laugh as I put the food into serving dishes.
"Did Tyler start out sweet?"
No. Actually he was a douche and then he became my best friend and then I fell in love with him and now he is super sweet." I inform her and she can't help but smile and sigh.
"I hope I find Tylice love one day."
"Excuse me? Tylice?"
"Yeah Tyler and Alice." She says with a proud smile on her face.
"What are we paying for you to go to school for again? Please say it isn't English literature." I tease her and she sticks out her tongue. "Come on girly, help me carry this out."

Tyler's POV

"So you like my sister?" I ask Blake while we are still alone and he looks a little intimidated but my first impression of him is that he is a complete douche bag.
"Yeah, I do. I Think she is a great girl." He answers right before the girls walk in and place the food on the table. Alice sits across from me and Candace is across from Blake.
"Ok, serve yourselves." Alice says with a smile on her face. She loves having company over. I think it's cute and she makes an amazing WAG. She catches me staring at her and she shoots me a wink. I just blush and start to serve my plate. "So Blake what are you studying?"
"I'm aiming towards a degree in Sports Medicine. I'm really hoping to stay around hockey." He answers and then take a bite of her incredible pasta. "Alice this is incredible." Then he looks to me, "You're lucky your fiancé can cook so well."
"Yeah, I am really lucky." I say to Blake but look straight at my soon to be wife. "Candace how is school?"
"It's great. Classes are going good. Made some pretty chill friends." She tells us and we both nod. "Oh Alice I saw this Centerpiece thing on Pinterest and it would be absolutely perfect for the reception"
"Uh we still need to figure out centerpieces." Alice sighs and Candace nods.
"And flowers.."
"No we got the flowers handled." I answer and Candace looked at me shocked. "What? I like helping her plan the wedding." I say with a smile at Alice and a shrug to Candace.
"When are you guys getting married?" Blake ask us and I answer.
"We sent our save the dates out for July 13th. But neither of us want to wait that long."
"Then why not move it up?" He ask again and I look to Alice to answer as I stuff my mouth.
"With the season about to start, it wouldn't work out. We have a lot of close friends with some other teams and it's just easier to wait until the season is over. Plus I want a damn honey moon and I won't be getting one between October and July." She says with a laugh.
"So where are you from?" I ask Blake.
"I grew up in Boston actually. I was there when you guys won the cup."
"Oh no way? That's pretty cool. I liked it there."
"Yeah it was a pretty great place to grow up. Nice ring by the way." He tells me and I nod.
"Thanks man."
"So how'd you two meet?" He ask and I got to give the guy props for trying to have a conversation with us.
"Well I was practically his baby sitter. I had to go everywhere with him and keep him out of trouble and we became really good friends."
"But I didn't want to get put in the friend zone and she made me insanely jealous and then we started dating. And I knew six months later that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her."
"So he proposed." Candace says smiling at us and I nod.
"I did."
"That's a huge ring by the way, just got to say."
"She picked it out, her friend told me which one she wanted so I don't get any credit for that." I admit causing them to laugh. Then dinner goes ok but he just gives me a bad feeling that I can't pin point and I didn't like it.
After dinner we see them out and then I help Alice with cleaning the kitchen.
"So?" She ask and gives me a hopeful grin.
"I don't like him."
"You don't like him?" She ask me surprised and I nod.
"Nope. I don't like him."
"Well why?"
"He gives me a bad feeling."
"Oh Tyler! Big bird gives you a bad feeling." She says with a laugh and I shake my head.
"I'm serious Alice." I tell her and she nods.
"So what should I tell Candace when she ask me what you thought?"
"Tell her the truth."
"Ok." We finish the dishes in silence and I pick her up and carry her to our room. "Tyler?"
"Yes Alice?" I kiss her.
"When we get married, can we have a baby?" She ask and I stop and pull back a little.
"You want a baby?" I ask quietly and she nods with a nervous smile. We never really talked about when we were going to have kids, besides that we wanted to wait awhile and I use to think that’s what I wanted. But loosing Alice and thinking she would never remember me, that we would never have a life together, changed my perspective on a lot of things. If she wanted to have a baby now, I would have said yes.
"I know we said we were going to wait like another year after the wedding but… I don't wanna wait another two years Ty." She tells me and I nod.
"Ok. After the wedding." I smile when she grins and go back to kissing her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the four of you who commented on the last chapter:) i appreciate it:) it really does make me update faster when you leave feedback. Please let me know what you think.