Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FORTYTHREE

The first game of the season was always stressful. It seemed like there was always something that still needed to get done, no matter how much we did. I had already talked to Coach Lindy and Jim and my dad about Jeffrey and if he didn't play one hell of a game, then we were trading him. He wasn't worth the drama if he couldn't perform on the ice, I just needed to talk to Jeffrey and explain this to him, which I wasn't looking forward to doing.
I knock on the locker room door and it's opened by Richard. "We are all decent." He says and I walk in to see the guys are all in their under armor.
"Jeffrey, I need to talk to you in the medic room." I tell him and he gives me a confused look but nods and walks into the room. Tyler grabs my arm before I can follow.
"Alice, be careful please." He says and I nod and walk into the room, closing the door behind me.
"If you wanted to get me alone, you didn't have to wait this long." He smirks and I cross my arms over my chest.
"I'm just here to inform you that if you don't play one hell of a game tonight, then you are getting traded. Myself, along with the administration of the Stars have decided that you aren't worth the risk, or a better word for the matter would be drama." His eyes burn into my skin and if looks could kill I would be six feet under right now.
"You can't do that! That is bull shit! You know I have the skill!" He yells and I shake my head.
"You might have the skill but you do not have anywhere near the right attitude for this team. And if no one in the NHL wants you then we are going to drop you down to the Texas Stars for the remainder of your one year contract."
"This is bull shit!" He yells and knocks over the medical cart that had a bunch of supplies on it. It goes crashing to the ground and not two seconds later the door is being thrown open and Tyler walks in with Lane and I see the other guys looking in. Jeffrey pushes his way out and I sigh.
"Are you ok?" Tyler ask and I nod as I start to pick up the cart and all the supplies that were on it.
"I'm fine. He just has a temper."
"I can't fucking stand him." Lane says and shakes his head. I couldn't tell them what I had just told Jeffrey. The team wasn't allowed to know because the administration wanted Jeffrey to have a fair chance and quite frankly if the team knew that one bad game for him got him off the team, they would do whatever it took to make him look bad.
"Look I need to go get Candace, I forgot to leave the tickets for her in willcall so I need to go hand them to her."
"Who is she bringing?" Tyler ask as we walk back into the locker room.
"Kelly and some girl named Marley." I shrug and he nods as I pull him into a hug. "Kick ass Tyler. This is our year." I tell him before kissing him and walking out the door. I head up to the main level and out the doors and I call Candace's cell.
"Hey I see you!" She says before hanging up and then before I see her she pulls me into a hug. "Alice this is my friend Marley." She introduces me to a girl with short blond hair, like her own, and blue eyes. She was about my height and I shook her hand.
"Nice to meet you."
"Thanks so much for the tickets." Marley says and I nod.
"Trust me it's no problem. Follow me." I tell them I take them to the front of the line and they follow me through, the guy scans their tickets and take them to their seats two rows behind the penalty box. The guys are on the ice warming up and I see Marley's eyes sparkle. She must be new to the hockey player charm.
"Oh my word… who is he? He is so cute!" She says and we look at who she is pointing to and Kelly laughs and Candace can't help but smile at look at me.
"My fiancé." I tell her and she turns red.
"I'm so sorry."
"It's quite fine, trust me you aren't the first girl to think he is cute." I tell her to make her feel better and it works. "Alright girls. Enjoy the game. I need to get back up the box." I hug Candace and wave goodbye to her two friends.

"You talk to Jeffrey?" Jim ask when I walk into the box and I nod.
"He didn't take it too well but, he knows." I explain and then go to sit next to Rachelle and Caroline.
"Hey girly." Rachelle says and tries to hand me a beer but I shake my head. "What's wrong?"
"I'm still on the clock." I tell them and they frown.
"Does this mean no more drinking at games?" Caroline ask with sad eyes and I can't help but smile and let off a light laugh.
"Yes Caroline, that's exactly what it means."
"Well more for me." Caroline shrugs and grabs the beer out of Rachelle's hand and it causes me to laugh. Lord did I love my friends.

The stars won the game 2-1 but Jeffrey crashed under the pressure and I almost felt bad for him. I walk into the locker room after the game and hug a freshly showered Tyler Seguin. I walk over to Jeffrey and he nods.
"You don't need to come in tomorrow. I will call you when the trade goes through." I tell him.
"Do you know who it is too yet?"
"The coyotes, I believe." I answer and he nods. I walk past Tyler again. "I will wait for you in the hall. Hurry up." I tell him with a small smile and a kiss. I was glad Jeffrey wouldn't be here anymore. He still had a chance to renew his contract with a different team next season but it wouldn't be the Stars and he wouldn't be my problem anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
fEEDBACK PLEASe:)