Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FORTYFOUR

Tyler's POV

Even though the wedding wasn't for a few more months, almost everything was already planned and ordered. I had to hand it to my fiancé and her little wedding planning crew because they got shit done and they got it done efficiently. All they had to do was get the bridesmaid's dresses, which I know nothing about, and then I need to get my suit and my groomsmen's suits, but I begged Alice to come with me so I don't screw it up, but we don't need to do that till, at the earliest, January. We already picked a beautiful cake that was vanilla with strawberry filling, and I was already informed that if I stuff it in her face, she will murder me, so that was a no go.
I was on my way to pick up Candace and take her out to eat since Alice was working late, which meant I either went to eat alone or with one of the guys, and my sister seemed like a better option. I parked at the dorm and walked in and straight to the elevator. Alice told me she was on the third floor and gave me her room number. Two guys joined me in the elevator and I looked at them confused.
"Isn't this a girls dorm?"
"Nah man. It's Co-ed." He says before the doors open on the third floor and I step out, a little pissed off that no one thought to tell me this. I knock on Candace's door and she opens it and gives me a hug.
"Hey Tyler."
"Hey. No one told me this was a co-ed dorm." I tell her and she looks guilty.
"We didn't want you to trip out. I told Alice I would tell you so don't blame her please!" Candace begs and I nod. I wasn't mad, it just made me a little nervous. I know how guys think and I didn't like them being that close to my sister with their dirty minds.
"Were do you want to go eat?" I ask her as we walk down to my car.
"Uhm… How about Olive Garden?" She suggest and I nod in agreement and drive us there.

"So how is my soon to be sister-in-law?" She ask as she takes a bight of her salad.
"She is good, working late tonight. Not so stressed anymore now that the majority of the wedding plans are over."
"Yeah we are going to look at bridesmaids' dresses this weekend. I'm excited."
"It's just you, Caroline and Rachelle right?" I ask but she shakes her head not. "Who else?"
"She wanted to make sure Cassidy felt included so we are having someone get her measurements so we can order her a dress." She tells me and I smile. Alice loved my family like her own and I was very lucky for that because I'm insanely close to my family.
"That's good. I didn't know that." I admit and she shrugs.
"To Alice, it just seems so natural to consider Cassidy and I her sisters. It's like she doesn’t even have to think about it. Who are your groomsmen?"
"That's a hard thing to pick out when you haven't really been close to the same person for years. I know Lane for sure. He is probably my best friend here and I know Mike is flying down to be my best man and then I asked Cody and Brenden."
"Aw! I miss Mike! I'm glad you asked him. How is he doing?"
"Still loving the single life in Toronto. He said he can't believe the wedding rumors were true."
"Yeah, well not many people can."
"Oh my gosh… Are you Tyler Seguin?" We look up and see two guys and I nod. "Can we get a picture with you?" He ask and I shrug.
"Sure." Candace takes the picture for them.
"We are big fans man. You did great last season."
"Appreciate it." I say shortly and they get the hint and walk away.
"You really don't like people do you?"
"Nope. I really don't." I tell her and she smirks.
"I think that's funny since Alice is so good with people and you are the opposite. Any ways… what are you getting her for Christmas?" She ask and I frown. Christmas is in two weeks and I have been so busy I have barely been able to think about gifts. I figured for Candace this year, Alice and I should just get her money, I mean she is in college, don't college kids need money? And for Cassidy probably a new computer. Candace got one for graduation and Cassidy got the handy down, so we figured she would appreciate it.
"What do you think I should get her?"
"I don't know Tyler.. Shit you got her a hundred thousand dollar car for graduation. You got the charm bracelet for last Christmas and you just got her a god damn Tiffany and Co. Ring, that by the way, I'm jealous of." She takes a drink of water. "Maybe get her another Charm for the bracelet, I see her wearing it a lot."
"What else?" A charm was easy to get but I really thought she needed something more.
"I don't know. I would say a dog but I don't think that’s a good idea. Marshall is already a handful and within the next year you guys will be trying for a baby, so no animals." That's true. Within the next year, if everything went according to plan, Alice would be pregnant. "I can't wait to be an aunt." I just smile at my sister as she changes the conversation.