Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FORTYSEVEN

Tyler's POV.

I don't understand why things happen the way they do. I don't understand why Alice suddenly got sick and is now laying in a hospital bed in a coma. I don't understand why I had to almost lose her in Russia and now again! Why can't we just be left alone? What did we do wrong? Is this happening because I don't deserve her? I know I'm not good enough but I still love her more than anything.
It's been two days since we brought her to the E.R. and all I could do was think of how things weren't fair. I called Evgeni yesterday and he got on the first flight this morning out of Pittsburgh. I know it might seem strange but he was really the only person I wanted to see. Candace had offer to go pick him up, so that's where she was right now. I'm sitting next to Alice's bed staring off into space because I can't bring myself to do anything else. I hadn't given her Christmas present to her yet, today is Christmas, but I knew when she woke up she would like it. I had our save the date photos and wedding invitation photo blown up and put into these beautiful wood frames. There was three and I knew she would like them because they were personal and she was always saying how she wanted more photographs around the house. I hear a knock on the door and I look up to see Evgeni. I stand up as he walks in and we hug for the first time.
"You ok?" He ask and I nod as we stand at the foot of her bed. "She not better yet?"
"No. Not yet. They think she should be waking up soon though. Her fever is completely gone and the liquid in her lungs is almost gone." I tell him and he nods. He pulls something out of his pocket and I look at it, a gold necklace like what he wears with a little circle hanging at the end with a saint on it.
"That's thoughtful Geno. You should put it on her." I tell him and he gives me a small smile.
"Da?"
"Yeah." We walk over and I help him secure the necklace on Alice before we step back.
"You go shower and eat. I stay here till get back." He offers and I nod. For the first time I am mildly ok with leaving the hospital.
"I'm just gonna go shower and change I'll be right back. Call me if they say anything." I say and he nods before I head out.

Alice's POV.

My eyes blink a couple times as I try to get used to the bright light of the room. My throat is sore and dry and I feel stiff. Finally I am able to take in my surroundings and I see I am in a hospital room and Tyler, Evgeni and Candace are on one side of my bed and My parents and in-laws and Cassidy are on the other.
"Water." I say hoarsely and their heads all pop up. Cassidy is the first one to get me water and help me drink it while Candace runs out of the room, probably to get a doctor.
"How are you feeling?" My mom ask me while moving some hair off of my forehead.
"Confused… Evgeni why are you here?"
"You go to coma and not wake up." He says and I look at Tyler surprised.
"I was in a coma?" I ask and he nods. I pulls him into a hug and I he hugs me back tightly. I feel something around my neck and then I pull it away from my skin so I can look at it and I knew exactly who it came from. "Thanks Evgeni." I tell him with a smile and he nods.
"Ms. Gaglardi how are you feeling?" Tyler lets me go and I see the doctor.
"Just out of it. My throat is sore and so is my stomach but I feel ok other than being a little lightheaded." I tell him and he nods and starts to look over a clip board.
"I'm going to keep you one more night but then you can go home. And merry Christmas Alice." He says before walking the door.
"I was out for two days?" I ask and my mom nods.
"We were so scared."
"I'm sorry, what was even wrong with me?" I ask, I kind of wanted to know what had caused me to go into a coma.
"You had a severe case of pneumonia. When your temperature reached 105 your body went into a coma to attempt to cool itself down."
"I was at 105? I just remember freezing. I was so cold." I told them and I wrap my arms around myself. "I just want to go home."
"You go home soon, Da? I stay and keep company." Geno jokes and I smile at my big brother. Our house sure was going to be crowded the next couple of days.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback please:)) im fast forwarding to the wedding after this! feel free to leave thoughts