Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FIFTY

I couldn't believe this was happening. I couldn't believe that Caroline got pregnant, just like, after one time with an almost complete stranger and I couldn't get pregnant with my husband. Sure we have only been trying for three months but still! How was this fair. Don't get me wrong, I feel awful for Caroline. She made a huge mistake by sleeping Brad and now, she was having her baby. Caroline is a strong girl though and if Brad didn't want to be in the picture, she really didn't need him. She has been single for the last two years, not because she couldn't find a guy, she found plenty, but because she doesn't need on. She isn't one of those girls who needs a guy around all the time.

"Honey I'm home!" I hear Tyler call as he walks in the front door and a smile comes to my face as Marshall jumps off the couch to greet his daddy.
"In the living room!" I call back and it doesn't take long for my two favorite boys to come in and join me on the couch. Tyler pulls me onto his lap and kisses me deeply. "What's that for?" I ask after he pulls away.
"I just missed you. Do I need a reason to kiss my beautiful wife?"
"No… No you don't." I smile as I lean in and kiss him again before pulling away. "I need to tell you something." He looks at me worried.
"Is everything ok?" He ask and I shrug. "Alice you're scaring me, what's wrong?"
"Caroline is pregnant." I tell him and he looks at me completely shocked before shaking his head. He moves me to the couch as he stands up and shakes his head.
"With Marshy?" He ask and I nod.
"How did you know?"
"Brad told me they had hooked up her first week there. He said he liked her but he didn't want a serious relationship and he knew she wasn't a short term thing. He said he could tell if he dated her then he would roped in for the long run."
"Yeah well now, now they are having a baby together." I say shaking my head.
"Has she told him?"
"No." I tell him and he looks angry.
"He has a right to know!"
"Tyler, she just found out this morning. Give her some time to come to terms with the whole thing."
"Would you need time?"
"What do you mean?"
"Would you need time to tell me, if you were pregnant?" He ask and a sad look comes over his face. I quickly shake my head and stand up, pulling him into a hug.
"God Tyler no! I would tell you the second I found out. I wouldn't wait a moment. But that's different. We want a baby. We are in love and ready to start a family. She… well she isn't." I whisper and look down at my feet. He gently grabs my chin and makes me look into his eyes.
"Are you ok?" He ask and I shrug but nod.
"Yeah.. She is strong. She is going to be a good mom." He pulls me into his chest and kisses my head.
"Alice we have only been trying a few months. It will happen. I promise you it will happen." He pulls away only to connect his lips to mine. "Do you still want to go bowling with Lane and Candace?"
"Yeah of course. I wouldn't cancel on them. I'm ready if you are." I tell him and he leads me out to the car. We get to the bowling alley and walk up the same time as Lane and Candace do and I smile when I see them holding hands. They finally started dating and Tyler and I both thought that they were perfect for each other.
"Alice!" Candace calls with a smile on her face and pulls me into a hug.
"How are you?" I ask her after she pulls away.
"I'm great. Classes are going good." We make small talk as we get our shoes and I get a lane.
"Lane, how are you?" I ask and he smiles and I catch him stealing a glance from Candace.
"I'm doing good. What about you?"
"I'm good."
"How is the baby making coming?" Candace ask and I see Tyler shoot her a glare and shake of his head.
"Tyler I think you're first." I tell him, trying my best to change the subject. He kisses my head before taking his turn.
"I'm sorry Alice."
"It's fine. Some people get pregnant right away and others don’t." I say and she nods and looks towards Tyler for clarification but again he shakes his head. I really need to try and control my emotions.
"Candace, I was thinking, why don't you and I go shopping tomorrow before the game." I give her my best smile and she grins and nod.
"I would love to!" She says cheerfully I smile, knowing all is forgiven.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am tying my new story
Unexpected perfection into this story with Caroline moving to Boston. So if you're confused then that's why.