Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FIFTYONE

"I think this is cute." I say as I step out of the dressing room at the same time as Candace and we look each other over. "Oh I like that. It's a cute party dress. Just don't tell Tyler I said that." I tell her as I admire the dress she is wearing.
"It's our secret, I promise." She winks, "That’s super cute. You should get it. It would be cute for the club."
"And when exactly do we go to the club? I can't wait for you to be 21." I mumble the last part as I look in the mirror.
"Eh, one more year. Get it for Canada then, I can club there." She says and we go back into the dressing rooms to change. "You and Tyler need to have a date night. How is the wedding life anyways?"
"It's good. Three months of perfection if you ask me." I tell her and smile, even though I'm by myself.
"I hope me and Lane can be as good as you two are."
"How are you two anyways?" I ask and we step back out in our regular clothes and head up to the cashier.
"Pretty much perfect. We see each other almost every day the guys are in town. He has made me dinner a few times. It's only been official for about two months, but I have a good feeling about it." She tells me with her genuine Candace grin and I can't help but be happy for my little sister. I pay for our clothes and we walk out of the store and continue through the mall.
"He is a good guy. I like him."
"Yeah me to." She says and we both laugh. We walk past a baby store and I stop and look into the window. I feel Candace's hand on my arm. "It's gonna happen soon. I'm sure of it."
"We have only been trying for three months… I just figured that it would happen right away, ya know?" I ask and she nods.
"You are going to make an amazing mother Alice. I can't wait to be an aunt. You want to go in?" She ask and when I shrug, she leads me through the doors. I look at all the adorable baby stuff and find myself day dreaming. "Oh my god look at this!" I look at what Candace is holding up and see it's an adorable pink ruffled romper.
"Oh my god when we have a baby we are so getting those."
"I really want you to have a girl."
"I just want one in general." I tell her with a small smile.
"How do you know you aren't pregnant right now?" She gives me a small smirk and I smile but shrug.
"I don't. I mean I could be I suppose. But I have kind of just been waiting till I miss my period."
"Well when are you suppose to get your period?"
"Tomorrow? Why?" I ask with a small laugh and she stops and looks at me.
"Alice, you're pregnant." She says with a completely serious look on her face and I give her a confused glance.
"Candace, that's not funny."
"Alice! I'm being so serious right now it's not even funny. I have this gut instinct." She tells me but I don't say anything. I don't like getting my hopes up and I didn't want to do it now. "Alice… Let' go." She grabs my hand and starts leading me out of the store and back towards the main entrance of the mall.
"Where are we going?"
"To Walgreens to get a test."
"Candace…"
"Alice shut up and drive the car." She tells me forcefully so I give her a glare before doing as I've been told. When we do get to the Walgreens she drags me in again and leads me to the isle, grabs the best test and the to the cash register where I pay for it. I start to head for the door but she shakes her head and drags me to the bathroom. "You are doing it now." She tells me.
"Candace… I don't know if I can handle this being negative…"
"It's not going to be negative." She tells me. How could she be so sure… I lock the stall behind me and then proceed to take the test. I finish and set it on the counter, thank full no one else is here. I then wash my hands and we wait in complete silence.
"You check. I can't." I tell her, not looking towards the test. She doesn't hesitate to look at it and then she screams.
"YOU'RE PREGNANT!" she pulls me into her arms and I receive the tightest hug I have ever had.
"Shut up!" I yell and then look at it. Sure enough there was a positive. I couldn't help but cry tears of joy. "Candace! You're going to be an aunt!"
"You're going to be a mom!"

Candace drove to the practice rink because I was to excited. I didn't wait for her to turn the engine off before running inside and she had to haul ass to keep up with me. I run into the rink and see the guys on the ice. It doesn't take long to see Tyler and I'm banging on the glass trying to get his attention, because I was not about to walk on ice. Everyone looks at me confused.
"Alice? What are you doing here?" Coach ask and Tyler looks up from his spot in the middle of the ice and I can't hold back.
"I'M PREGNANT!" I yell and the look on Tyler's face is priceless. It's pure joy. He drops his sticks and gloves and helmet on his way to the gate and opens it, pulling me into him and kissing me forcefully.
"You're really pregnant?" He ask in disbelief and I nod.
"I'm really pregnant. We are having a baby!"
"Oh god Alice I love you!"
♠ ♠ ♠
oh how i wish i could just skip ahead... i really want to write tyler as a dad already.