Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FIFTYTWO

"I can't believe I'm going to be a grandma!" My mom gushes as we sit in the doctor's office, waiting. Tyler couldn't be here because he was in Colorado for a game, so my mom and Candace came with me instead.
"I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt. I'm so excited."
"Guys, I'm only a month along. We still have a full 8 months of not believing." I joke and they both give me unnamused looks.
"We can be excited if we want to." My mom says and I roll my eyes.
"Mom trust me, I'm more excited than all of you!"
"How is Tyler?" Candace ask.
"He is good. He is excited but sad that he can't be here." I tell them and they nod. It's been a week sense I found out I was pregnant and I still don't think it has set in. I actually don't think it will set in for either of us until I start to show, then there really isn't any doubting it. "He is already suggesting names." I tell them with a small laugh.
"Like what?" Candace ask, slightly amused as well.
"Like Tyler junior." I say and the three of us laugh.
"Alice Seguin?" The nurse calls and I noticed other people's head snapping up as they hear my name. I ignore it and walk into the back with my mom and Candace behind me. "Let's get your weight first." The nurse tells me and I step onto the scale. "125. Very good Alice." She tells me encouragingly and I nod and smile.
"Yeah, I have kept it up." I tell her proudly and we go into a private room where she sends me into the bathroom to pee, so they can do another test I'm sure, and then I wait for the actual doctor with Candace and mom.
"Hello Alice. How are you?"
"Pregnant I hope." I tell her and she smiles and nods.
"You are indeed pregnant! Congratulations." She tells me and shakes my hand. "You are only newly pregnant so I'm going to have you get on some prenatal pills and then I want you to schedule another appointment up front for next month. On your next visit we should be able to do a sonogram." She explains and I nod. "You are probably do about middle of July."
"Is there anything I should refrain from doing?" I ask her worried and she gives me a kind smile.
"Just stay away from drinking and smoking. If you have an athletic lifestyle then you are fine carrying on with it. Just stay away from any hazardous materials of course." She tells me and I nod before she leaves.
"You are having a baby! Will you ever doubt me again?" Candace ask as she pulls me into a hug and I shake my head.
"Nope. Never."

Once I get home I call Caroline but I'm shocked when a guy answers.
"Hello?" I hear his voice.
"Who the hell is this?"
"O Alice, It's Brad. Hold on, Caroline is just getting out of the shower." He tells me and I sit on my couch in shock. Well alright, apparently the last week has treated them good.
"Hey how was the Appointment?" I hear Caroline ask.
"It was good! I'm due mid July too!" I tell her excitedly.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so excited! Our babies are going to be best friends!"
"I know! Isn't it perfect?" I ask her.
"It really is. How is Tyler?"
"He is good. He is on a road trip right now. Doesn't Brad have a game tonight?" I ask, a little confused again.
"Yeah, he is about to leave actually. Hold on." She tells me and I hear her in the background sense she pulled the phone away from her face. "I'll see you there. Good luck." She tells him and then I swear I hear them kiss. "Ok hello?"
"What's going on with you too?" I ask her, "I want details."
"We had sex." She tells me and I roll my eyes.
"Of course you had sex! You are pregnant Caroline."
"No Alice, I mean we had sex on Monday. He has been here every night sense."
"Oh my god! How awesome! So you really like him?" I ask her, I knew they would be good for each other. I never thought it would happen like this but hey, everything happens for a reason.
"Yeah I really like him." She answers.
"Well good. I'm glad…" I pull the phone away from ear as I hear it beep and I see Tyler is calling. "Car, I'll call you later. Tyler is calling." I tell her before switching lines. "Hey babe."
"Hey! What did the doctor say?" He ask, sounding excited.
"Shouldn't you be getting ready for a game?" I tease and I know he is rolling his eyes.
"Alice…"
"I'm do mid July and I already made another appointment for next month."
"So everything is good then?"
"Everything is good. You ready for the game?" I ask him just as Candace walks into the room with a bowl of popcorn and she sits down next to me.
"Hey baby daddy!" Candace yells and I can't help but laugh.
"Tell her I said hi." Tyler says with a small laugh.
"He says hi." I tell her and she nods.
"Yeah be better or I'll beat his ass." She jokes and we both laugh.
"I heard that!" he yells and I laugh harder.
"Ok enough. Tyler kick some ass and get a goal for me and baby."
"I'll try my best beautiful. I love you."
"I love you." I tell him before hanging up and looking over at Candace. We both burst into another fit of laughter.