Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FIFTYFIVE

Tyler's POV

"Savvy Mo! Why are you so fussy, huh?" I ask my week old daughter but of course I don't get a response. I can't help but smile when I hold her in my arms. Now back in Dallas, my mother and sister are staying with us and Candace and Brittney have also been here every day. To say Savvy was getting spoiled, was a major understatement. Although I can tell, even just a week after giving birth, It's been really hard on Alice. I know she wishes her dad was here to see Savvy and I know being the new owner of the team is hard on her.
I walk over to where Alice is sitting on the couch with the laptop on her lap, looking over team things, and I sit next to her.
"Hey babe." I kiss her temple and she gives me a smile before looking to Savvy Mo.
"Hello Beautiful girl." She says in a baby voice and goes to take her out of my arms but I pull her away and she gives me a dirty but playful look.
"She is mine right now. You can have her when she gets hungry." I tell her and stick out my tongue. She just rolls her eyes.
"Tyler?" She ask, in a much to serious tone.
"What's wrong babe?"
"Do we want to keep the team?"
"Babe… if you want to keep it then you should… I mean my name isn't on that title. I'm a player."
She sighs and takes Savvy from my arms and leans into my chest, I wrap my arms around them both. "I just miss my dad so much and I want Savvy to grow up knowing something about him. I feel like the team is a part of who he was."
"Then keep it. If you change your mind latter then we can sell it." I kiss her head and she smiles up at me.
"I love you Tyler." She sits still for a few minutes before sitting up slowly and look at me. "I know what I want to do."
"Well that was fast." I tell her jokingly and she gives me a scolding look. "Babe I'm kidding, what do you want to do."
"ok this might sound crazy but, we have all this money, literally just sitting around. Why don't we sponsor some hockey clinics for kids! I mean you could help when possible and so could some of the guys and we know the best coaches… it would be awesome! Dallas doesn't have anything like that!" She tells me excitedly and I can see the enthusiasm in her eyes.
"Alice I think that's a wonderful idea."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah babe!" I kiss her head and she smiles down at Savvy. "I think she needs to eat." I tell her and she shrugs.
"I've been trying but she just doesn't seem to be that hungry… Mom said she might have colic and that she is fine."
"Well let's just keep an eye on her then. Here, I'll go put her to sleep." I tell Alice who gives her baby girl one more kiss on the head before I take her out of her arms. I carry Savvy into her nursery and lay her down in her crib. "You are one lucky little girl Savvy Monroe Seguin. You have the best mommy in the whole world. I promise to try my hardest to be the best dad possible. Love you Sav." I kiss her forehead before leaving the room.

Alice's POV.

I turn off the stove while making dinner and run towards the nursery where Savvy's screeching cries are coming from. I run into the room and my heart is racing as I pick her up. I know right away something is wrong with here. She is extremely hot and crying like she is in pain. I grab the thermometer off the changing table and check her temperature. I go into panic when I see she is at 10. I grab the diaper bag and head towards the kitchen to grab my purse and keys. I walk out to the car and Candace is just getting out of hers.
"Alice, what's wrong?!" She asked worried as I put Sav in her car seat.
"Get in the car. Savvy's temperature is at 101." I tell her and her face goes to a look of worry but she listens to me and gets in the car.
"Do you want me to call Tyler?" She ask and I shake my head.
"I'll call and leave a message he is at practice." I tell her and hit the phone button on my steering wheel. "Call Tyler."
My car starts ringing and I'm surprised when I hear his voice, "Hey Alice. What's up?"
"Tyler we are on our way to the hospital. Savvy has a temp of 101 and won't stop crying. Candace is with us."
"Oh my god… Alright I'll be right there. We were just going to hit the weights but I'll be there."
"Ok. I'll tell them you're coming." I tell him and then he hangs up. I'm on the brink of tears because I don't know what's wrong with my baby girl, I'm still hormonal and I'm lagging on sleep. I just want her to be ok.
"She is going to be fine Alice. Don't worry." Candace says and I nod.
"I know."
"She is yours and Tyler's baby. She is strong."
We get to the ER and park quickly. Candace grabs the diaper bag and I get my purse and Savvy cradled in my arms. When we walk in I'm a little surprised that Tyler comes running up to us. Then it hits me the Hospital is close to their practice location.
"How is she?" He ask as we walk towards the desk.
"I'm not sure. She finally stopped crying." He kisses my head quickly and it's a tiny feeling of reassurance. "My baby is one week old and has a temperature of 101." I tell the nurse at the desk and she nods and stands up.
"Follow me…" The next ten minutes is a complete blur and before I know it the doctor is walking in and Savvy is crying again because we aren't allowed to be in the same room as her.
"Mr. and Mrs. Seguin?" He ask and we nod. "Savvy has a fever of 102 but we have her in a temperature controlled incubator and we are trying to bring it down. At the moment we are running test and trying to figure out what the problem is."
"Can we see her?" Tyler ask but the doctor shakes his head.
"I think it would be better if you wait out here until we know what the problem is. We should have results within thirty minutes and we will let you know as soon as we do." He leaves us standing there and I try my hardest to break down. Tyler goes to pull me into a hug but I push away from him and go to the other corner of the waiting room. All I can think about is how unfair this seams. She is a tiny defenseless baby! Why does she have to be sick. I can't imagine what I would do if something happened to my baby.
I'm so lost in my thoughts I don't even realize that Cassidy and Jackie and my mom are here. What does pull me out of my thought, however, is the doctor who walks back in 27 minutes later.
"Mr. and Mrs. Seguin?" He ask and I jump up at the sound of our last name. " Savvy has what would be a typical flu in any of you but sense she is only a week old, this is a very bad thing. We already have her started on antibiotics and we are trying to contain the fever. All we can really do is keep treating her and hope and pray and that she can fight it off."
"What's the percentage…" I hear my mother ask, whose arm is now around me.
"I have to be honest with you. At this age, there is a 80% chance she won't make it…" I don't hear anything else he says because it doesn't feel like anything else even matters. I feel Tyler's Arms pull me into him as my tears fall down my face and his mirror mine. Our entire life… Our entire life has a 20% chance of surviving.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been forever!!!! i'm so sorry!!!!! i have been so busy with work and school. Please let me know what you think